The last movie you watched was...? (take four)

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by MilesSmiles, May 10, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. marke

marke Forum Resident

The Internship with Vince Vaughn and Owen Wilson. I liked it but it wasn't as good as their previous collaboration, Wedding Crashers.

2. g.z.

g.z. Senior Member

Network

Hutch and dlokazip like this.
  3. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits....

Her.
    Did any OS like this film. :)

4. DreadPikathulhu

DreadPikathulhu Senior Member

Pumpkinhead (1988) - I first became aware of this film from the huge cardboard "Pumpkinhead" figure at my video store in 1989/1990. I'm pretty sure I watched it back then, but my memories didn't match reality when I watched the recent Blu ray. Pretty good horror film with a shirtless, buff Lance Henrickson!

5. progrocker71

progrocker71 Forum Resident

The November Man (2014) - solid, old-school espionage action/adventure flick. The script is completely formulaic, but the performances of Brosnan and Kurylenko (who seems to be getting more beautiful as she gets older) kept me entertained. No CGI-enhanced sequences, no cars flipping end over end, just old school run & gun and blow **** up.

It was also refreshing to watch an R-rated, aimed for adults action film, they are so rare now this felt like a gift.

6. xdawg

xdawg in labyrinths of coral caves

"Monuments Men", not the greatest movie, but still enjoyable.

7. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits....

Red Dragon (2002).

8. xdawg

Tonight: "Seeking A Friend For The End Of The World". Starring Steve Carell & Keira Knightley. It pushed all the right buttons for me. I loved it!

9. hi_watt

hi_watt The Road Warrior

William Friedkin's Sorcerer

Myke likes this.
  10. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

Carny...

11. Michael

didn't see that one...love Steve! did you see Dan In Real Life?

xdawg likes this.
  12. Michael

Vince and Owen are favs of mine, but Vince makes me hyper! he's like a pinball machine...LOL!

13. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

Cry Danger (1951)
    Kiss Me Deadly (1955)

Film Noir at it's finest.

hi_watt likes this.
  14. xdawg

No, I haven't, but I'll look for it. I recommend "Seeking A Friend For The End Of The World". Lots of music references too - esp. Herb Alpert & The TJB.

Michael likes this.
  15. Michael

OK, cool.....thanks.

xdawg likes this.
  16. Mark Nelson

Mark Nelson Forum Resident

On DVD:

FINAL DESTINAION 5 - I love this series. Gloriously gory and sinister fun.

GOING ATTRACTIONS - Documentary about Drive-Ins. I little breathlessly-paced at times, and I really wish doc makers
    would stop pulling low-grade footage from YouTube for their films, but otherwise a fun and informative overview of the history
    of the theaters, films and audiences.

Viewed on 35mm at the Riverside Drive-In (Vandergrift, PA) this weekend:

KILL BABY KILL - Fun, dreamlike Mario Bava ghost story.

HOUSE OF EXORCISM - Telly Savalas and Elke Sommer in an EXORCIST knock-off retooling of Mario Bava's LISA AND THE DEVIL.

BEYOND THE DOOR - EXORCIST ripoff with Richard Johnson and Juliet Mills. Creepy at times, goofy at others.

TASTE THE BLOOD OF DRACULA - Hammer horror that's surprisingly light on the Dracula, but still fun.

DRACULA AD 1972 - Fun and funky, bringing Dracula into the then-present.

TROG - Goofy fun with Joan Crawford and a missing link.

THE HOUSE THAT SCREAMED - Kinda slow, yet atmospheric tale of strange goings-on at a European girls school.

17. The Wild Bunch

18. tonyc

tonyc Forum Resident

I agree. :righton:

xdawg likes this.
  19. tonyc

tonyc Forum Resident

Very late to the game but I just saw "American Psycho".

20. junk

junk Hellion

Fast Company - 1938.
    Great movie.
    Mystery film starring Melvyn Douglas and Florence Rice as married rare-book dealers who try to solve a murder case. It is based on the novel of the same name by "Marco Page" (Harry Kurnitz)

21. Standoffish

Standoffish Smarter than a turkey

The Exorcism of Emily Rose

Great mixture of horror and courtroom drama, with a solid cast. The ending was kind of anticlimactic, but overall a very good film.

22. Splungeworthy

Splungeworthy Forum Rezidentura

Patch Adams. I resisted watching this for awhile (it's kind of a sad movie, notwithstanding current events). But I finally rewatched this after not seeing it for many years, and I think it stands with Robin Williams' greatest performances.

Bobby Buckshot likes this.
  23. erniebert

erniebert Shoe-string audiophile

24. Bobby Buckshot

Bobby Buckshot Heavy on the grease please

I worked as an extra on this movie for a couple of scenes. During one of the breaks Robin turned around to the group of folks I was standing with and introduced himself to us and carried on a conversation. He was really into IT/tech stuff. Very nice man and down to earth. He didn't have to do that and it was unprovoked. Just showed how humble he was. Definitely will be missed.

25. Mark Nelson

Mark Nelson Forum Resident

NO GOOD DEED - Starts off as a thriller, becomes a Woman In Peril film, then gets silly at the end, where the
    wife-beating escaped con becomes a Michael Myers-esque unstoppable force. I liken it to the kind of thing you
    watch on TNT on a late Sunday afternoon and find a decent way to pass the time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.