Beatles mono VINYL box set (Part #13)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by hodgo, Sep 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ash76

Ash76 Wait actually yeah no

I purchased my copy from Amazon Canada for about $350 dollars plus shipping which was only about $18.00. The price went up to $399.00 but has come back down to $356.00 Canadian (which is almost on a par with Australia).
    They shipped my copy last Tuesday and it arrived on Friday so I couldn't be happier with the service.

2. Maidenpriest

Maidenpriest Setting the controls for the heart of the sun :)

I totally agree !! :)

3. nikh33

nikh33 Senior Member

Funny you should say that today of all days! ;):righton:

4. Maidenpriest

Yes !!

Gavinyl and CMcGeek like this.
  5. nikh33

nikh33 Senior Member

In 1978 it rocked big time. I remember trying it on a new big rig and we all stood back at the fat bass sound throughout. Plus, laminated 'thin' cover to go with the set.

Buddhahat likes this.
  6. Maidenpriest

It was established some years ago that the 'Ahh-ah-ah-ah' bit on 'A Day In The Life' is not all Lennon but Macca as well !! :)

Keith V and CMcGeek like this.
  7. Ben Sinise

Ben Sinise Forum Reticent

The trick now though is finding a good priced box plus low international shipping through Amazon US or Canada.

My one on the way was fulfilled through Amazon US but shipped from the UK for $14.95USD delivery charge, but that offer has since disappeared.
    Ordered through Acoustic Sounds, the shipping was quoted at $103.50USD.

Big difference!

Gavinyl likes this.
  8. blaubleiben

blaubleiben Well-Known Member

But what issues did they cut? If you take WTB: all lacquers up to 7N were cut before the tape was sealed for the first time. There were no mono (re)issues worldwide in 1965/1966. But maybe they still copied the tape for different countries? More to investigate during my third spinning session tonite...

9. ClassicRockTragic

ClassicRockTragic Forum Resident

Thanks mate, I was hoping to buy it from importCDs with a bunch of other stuff, but it comes up as red meaning they can't ship outside the USA. Don't know why

10. ClassicRockTragic

I have the box set in CDs, and while I am not a Beatles nut, I think I'll regret not getting this a few years down the track once they have all dried up.

This is hurting me though..... Led Zep, The Iron Maiden stuff, the mobile fidelity Allman Brothers stuff. :)

At least there's some nice quality to choose from.

struttincool, superstar19 and Ash76 like this.
  11. CMcGeek

CMcGeek Loves records maybe too much

If you mean that part that hits the needle where you hear a slight decrease in volume, then yes--Good to know I'm not the only one hearing that. Otherwise, the loop runs perfectly like the duplicated ones on the CD masters without that blip.
    BTW, the dog whistle is practically non-existent on the vinyl, I hope that's apparent to everyone here who isn't a dog

12. ClassicRockTragic

Weird I just went there and the postage was 72.98.

Not sure why.

13. slane

slane Forum Resident

It is Paul (with tape-echo).

Onder and chacha like this.
  14. Ash76

Ash76 Wait actually yeah no

Well it is big and heavy which is what made the Amazon shipping fee such a bargain

15. hoggydoggy

hoggydoggy Forum Resident

Was it in the intro, by any chance? I've just sold a 1-N (bit noisy, but loud as hell) which would only track the intro of that song at really light force - thought it was damaged, but I'm intrigued now!

16. nikh33

nikh33 Senior Member

Yes, the intro. I was in the queue with three other people who took it back, same reason. It's one way of spotting a genuine first issue!

Last edited: Sep 16, 2014
  17. hoggydoggy

hoggydoggy Forum Resident

Well, well! There's something I never knew then - and I'm shocked it's so extreme as to throw a modern TT off too. :eek:

18. nikh33

nikh33 Senior Member

Yes, it was unplayable on the old Dansette.

19. DavidFell

DavidFell Forum Resident

I ripped Rubber Soul yesterday and listened carefully to the noise in between tracks as I was cleaning things up; I did not hear this.
    By the way:
    [​IMG]

bluemooze and mikrt17 like this.
  20. DavidFell

DavidFell Forum Resident

And you said; A Collection of Beatles Oldies, Abbey Road, Let It Be, Reel Music, Love Songs, Live at the Hollywood Bowl, 1, 1962-1966, 1967-1970, In The Beginning (circa 1961) and Live at the Star Club.

21. slane

slane Forum Resident

The issue was reported in the music papers at the time, wasn't it?

22. blaubleiben

blaubleiben Well-Known Member

Oh, I always had a jump in that song on my 1N('wanted my record to - JUMP - Roll over...') that I could not get rid of by intensive cleaning. This would explain it. It's that copy with the wrong credits and wrong spelling on You really gotta hold on me.

23. Wally Swift

Wally Swift Yo-Yoing where I will...

I woke up late so I'll get into playing these after a visit to Dunkin' Donuts and my wife leaves for work. Pepper has a very light mark across 2/3 of Day in the Life. We'll see about that after I clean it. The White Album is visually flawless on both LPs. The hype sticker nicely separated from the shrink and I re-affixed it to the generic cover that will house LP 1. Revolver and Rubber Soul will be here tomorrow.

[​IMG]

groovelocked, bluemooze and Ash76 like this.
  24. culabula

culabula Unread author.

WHAT? So Beatles' Ballads IS in the thing?

My post was a joke imaginary question to a winning radio quiz.

DavidFell likes this.
  25. DavidFell

DavidFell Forum Resident

By the way, I played my 45 of "Beatles Movie Medley" over the weekend. What a travesty! Who was running Capitol records back then?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.