Graham Nash Songs For Beginners Japan 2013 pressing WPCR-15259

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by bluerondo, Sep 17, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bluerondo

bluerondo Forum Resident Thread Starter

Does anyone have this pressing and can you tell me if it's the original version or the Rhino POS remix? It would also be nice it it weren't the version that edits out the first few seconds of studio noise in "I Used To Be A King".

2. pool_of_tears

pool_of_tears Searching For Simplicity

The last I knew, every cd since 2008 uses the remix. Proceed with caution.

The 1990 cd is the original mix, and worth getting. But it doesn't come cheap.

Craig Williams likes this.
  3. bluerondo

I already have it, as well 2008 POS "deluxe" set, which I'm considering selling. Call me extreme OCD, but it cheese me off that they saw fit to cut off the first few minutes of studio noise that occurs just before "I Used To Be A King" starts, even on the 1990 CD. In my mind that somehow sets the song up, and I didn't see why they had to screw with it. If it came out that way, then freakin' leave it way for crying out loud. Oddly enough, they didn't do the same with "Man In The Mirror".:(

4. pool_of_tears

pool_of_tears Searching For Simplicity

No, not OCD. You just don't care for revisionistic remixes. I don't blame you.

I don't have the original cd myself, but I have heard it though....I do have a needledrop that a friend sent me years ago. The vinyl was obviosuly well taken care of, as you could almost mistake it for a store-bought cd. The engineering and production on that album is quite good too.

bluerondo likes this.
  5. bluerondo

What quality rip do you have? FLAC? 320mbps MP3? Please, please, cmon Steve...tell us an Audio Fidelity SACD is forthcoming, pretty please? :angel::angel::angel:

6. rstamberg

rstamberg Senior Member

... Especially since a 5.1 mix already exists ...

7. d.s.l.

d.s.l. Forum Resident ^O;O^

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.