LP and CD Yard Sale

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by musicfan37, Sep 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. musicfan37

musicfan37 Senior Member Thread Starter

Have any of you had a sale at your house where you advertised and sold only LPs and CDs? If so, how did it work out for you?

2. mike65!

mike65! Senior Member

This should be in Marketplace. Good luck, though!

musicfan37 likes this.
  3. n.phelge

n.phelge Forum Resident

I went to a sale like this a couple of months ago. A guy told a local record store that the was downsizing his collection, and the store posted his email contact on their facebook page. It is all about getting the word out to the right folks, and that approach seemed to work - I bought 7 LPs.

musicfan37 likes this.
  4. sberger

sberger Dream Baby Dream

I sold hundreds of cd's and about 100 lp's during a garage sale we had recently. Stuff that I didnt' feel like carting down to the store with. Made out quite well, although sold more after I called Amoeba Records and they did a house call. In hindsight, I would've held back the cd's until after I had Amoeba in and then put the remainders out for sale, but I got rid of everything and got cash plus enough in credit to get the Beatles Mono vinyl box.

musicfan37 likes this.
  5. adamdube

adamdube Forum Resident

Did it once and there were zero folks there just for the vinyl....I had close to 300 for sale and only 2 or 3 people even looked at it, it was mostly folks saying...."look honey..remember records?"

I was thinking of printing a couple hundred flyers and putting them in mail boxes around my house to offer to buy folks vinyl around here and see if I find any gold. I think there are a ton of folks sitting on gold and just haven't thought to sell them off yet.

6. chazz101s

chazz101s Forum Resident

Great idea. I'd be very interested to hear how that works out (if you do it, of course)--and note that I'm nowhere near Ohio (so I'm not wanting part of your LP action).

7. ribors

ribors Forum Resident

Make sure you advertise on craigslist and include some pictures.

8. joefont

joefont Senior Member

Get a table or two here!
    I used to sell at this convention when I lived up there. Always did very well!
    Incidentally, I also lived in North Bend; up in Wilderness Rim!

Northwest Record & CD Convention!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] At The Seattle Center!
    [​IMG] Sunday, October 19th, 2014
    (The Pavilion Room)

9. musicfan37

musicfan37 Senior Member Thread Starter

How much did a table cost?

10. joefont

joefont Senior Member

I don't remember, but I also haven't done a show there since I moved away about 17 years ago. I'm sure there must be more info about it at the Seattle Center website.

musicfan37 likes this.
  11. Lebowski

Lebowski Hey, careful man, there's a beverage here!

I work at a mid-sized college. The campus center hosts small, local vendors such as people selling vintage clothing, jewelry, etc. There's a guy who comes and sells vinyl. Seems to move a good amount of merchandise. Maybe look into that as an alternative?

musicfan37 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.