Tell me about your Sandwiches sorry I meant speakers!!

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by The Good Guy, Sep 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mikaal

mikaal Sociopathic Nice Guy

Oh NO! I just got ketchup on my woofer....

2. audioguy3107

audioguy3107 Forum Resident

Havarti cheese with dill, roast beef, lettuce, and a little honey mustard and mayo to dress it up.
    Loudspeakers are Avalon Acoustics Eidolon Visions. They're ridiculous. Mine:

[​IMG]

Stock image:
    [​IMG]

motorcitydave, Ash76, timind and 9 others like this.
  3. MonkeyMan

MonkeyMan A man who dreams he is a butterfly?

Peanut butter and pickles on wheat pita here...

I have sensual dreams about my Vandersteen 1Cs. There, I said it.

timind likes this.
  4. Drew769

Drew769 Buyer of s*** I never knew I lacked

How about a North Jersey sloppy joe? That would be three slices of rye, coke slaw, Russian dressing, Swiss cheese, and your choice of meat. Make mine corned beef from Milburn Deli!

Anyway, just traded in my favorite speakers - a set of Vandersteen 2CE Signatures. My new ones are Vandersteen Treos, which I'm running with a pair of a Vandersteen 2WQ subwoofers. I'm liking the switch so far - the detail in the Treos is astonishing, although they do not seem to have that holographic nature that the 2's had. I may need to just chase the set up a bit, but in the meantime I'm rediscovering my collection. Nothing sounds bad on these things.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 16, 2014
  5. Bachtoven

Bachtoven Forum Resident

DALI Epicon 2 front speakers:

[​IMG]

DALI Epicon Vokal center speaker:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Definitive Technology ProMonitor 1000 surround speakers:

[​IMG]

SVS SB 13 Ultra Subwoofer

[​IMG]

audioguy3107 likes this.
  6. Mortsnets

Mortsnets Forum Resident

Scrum Burger
    [​IMG]

Jean Marie Reynaud Twin Signatures
    [​IMG]

timind likes this.
  7. Mike-48

Mike-48 A shadow of my former self

In my office system I use a pair of Audioengine A5+ connected to my computer through a good DAC. These crazy little things give great sound for about $400 a pair, powered.

In the larger system, I chose JansZen zA2.1 floorstanding hybrids. They are electrostatic from 500 Hz up, and have aluminum cone woofers from 500 down.

For lunch, I had a salami sandwich on baguette baked by the neighborhood bakery.

timind likes this.
  8. Wow, setup looks NICE.

9. The A5's are fantastic. I own two pair and always recommend them to friends who want something on the cheap side that they can play from their laptop. Add a DAC and the A5's really do sing for the price.

Mike-48 likes this.
  10. Ortofun

Ortofun Well-Known Member

Would take me a while to add all the likes in this thread, maybe later :)

Ah, speakers, I have a pair of these http://www.lenehanaudio.com.au/index.php/products/ml1-loudspeakers.html
    Although an earlier version using HD3 for the cab (more inert than HDF), and not the more inert HDF with steel plate lining as they have advanced to.

Accurate, and present what they are fed by the chain preceding them, and fast accurate bass that goes surprisingly low for what they are......no one speaker fits all, so not for everyone, but very suitable for myself.

11. Wardsweb

Wardsweb Audio Enthusiast

My main system speakers are DIY using Altec and JBL drivers. These are my favorite. The are open and airy with lots of detail and tight bass.

[​IMG]

My home theater used Klipsch Jubilee speakers. You can tell I like horns. Crystal clear and dynamic.

[​IMG]

My vintage room uses JBL C50 Olympus with custom horns I made. Some people refer to these as "West Coast" sound. Smooth midrange and crisp highs. The bass is a bit exaggerated with the use of passive radiators.

[​IMG]

The dining room has Martin Logan Prodigy speakers. These fill the house with sound. They are different from my horns in that you get reflected sound off the back wall. The sound stage is huge.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 17, 2014
  12. Ortofun

My liver hurt just looking at that plate of stuff ;)

Speakers look nice though :cool:

13. Mortsnets

Mortsnets Forum Resident

If you can eat the 5 lbs of food in 45 minutes it's free.

Ortofun likes this.
  14. Ortofun

Would take me two days to eat that.

timind likes this.
  15. mreeter

mreeter Forum Resident

Polk Audio SDA SRS 2.3TL's, slightly modified with updated x-overs and some other stuff.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

GuildX700 and Johnny Vinyl like this.
  16. GuildX700

GuildX700 Forum Resident

For sake of time most pics are not mine.

Main system Pioneer Elite TZ9, they have front and rear firing 10"woofers, ceramic dome mid and tweeters mounted on an unusual floating mounting board, crossover also on floating mounting board, & they weigh about 145 pounds!
    Running them bi amped.

[​IMG]

Office system, Pioneer Elite DSS-E10, real walnut veneer, beryllium ribbon tweeter and boronized titanium mid range, dual drive voice coil polymer graphite 12" woofer rear ported:
    [​IMG]

Vintage garage system, RadioShack Nova 8:

[​IMG]

Man cave system, Pioneer DSS -5:
    [​IMG]

Secondary vintage system Radio Shack Optimus 1:

[​IMG]

I have several other rigs and speaker sets but this is what is being used most right now.

Oh, and the sammich? BLT of course!

CowFish, Johnny Vinyl and timind like this.
  17. GuildX700

GuildX700 Forum Resident

Amazingly beautiful systems!

18. October Man

October Man Extraordinary tunes from the hard drive

[​IMG]

Monitor Audio BR1.

19. action pact

action pact Music Omnivore

My main system, which is in a 9 x 12 room, has a pair of KEF LS50s powered by a resto-modded Fisher 400 tube amp. Those speakers are everything that you've read about them, and they are especially well-suited for my tiny room. I have an RBH powered sub for filling in the lowest octaves.

[​IMG]

In the basement rumpus room is a pair of Andrew Jones-designed Pioneer SP-FS51-LR floorstanders (bought for $137/pair, shipped, on close-out this past summer from NewEgg), powered by a Yamaha CR-1020 receiver, and in the living room is a pair of Pioneer BS-FS21-LR bookshelves (bought for $40/pair off Craig's List) powered by a Pioneer SX-780 receiver. The Andrew Jones-designed Pioneers are an incredibly good value, especially at the rock-bottom prices that I lucked into. It's amazing that true audiophile-quality speakers are available nowadays for chump change.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I also recently made a very good deal on a pair of completely restored 1967 Acoustic Research AR4x's from a guy in New Jersey, which I'm driving down to pick up in two weeks. I'm looking forward to finding out how these well-regarded classic speakers measure up. I'll probably pair them with the Yamaha.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 19, 2014
    Eric B. likes this.
  20. Ed Hughes

Ed Hughes Senior Member

I've been listening to a pair of Paradigm 90Ps for the last 14 yrs.
    I love them as much now as I did when I first bought them.

21. Frippwire

Frippwire Well-Known Member

I just ate a chicken, egg & cheese on a biscuit from Tim Horton's and am presently listening to the Crusaders / Scratch (RIP Joe Sample) thru a pair of B&W 803 Nautilus speakers.

22. motorcitydave

motorcitydave Enlightened Rogue In Memoriam

Roast beef + swiss + mayo on an onion roll. :)

And the speakers are JBL S4700s. I swore up and down that I wouldn't buy JBL after they moved production down to Mexico, I even crticized them for it, but after inspecting the workmanship and listening to these at CES, I bit. Plus, I got these at a very low price compared to list, so that pretty much sealed the deal. It's weird how things happen sometimes. :D

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.