McCartney Album "NEW" (2013), part21

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by MilesSmiles, Jun 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. theMess

theMess Forum Resident

This is great news. I had always hoped that Paul would not expect us to buy the album again without some new material being added, but it is nice to see this confirmed.

From what I have heard of Demons Dance it sounds like a very interesting song with a great piano part. Hell To Pay is an interesting and unusual choice of song title for Paul.

2. Paul H

Paul H The fool on the hill

Beat me to it...

3. heatherly

heatherly Well-Known Member

What will the the new edition of NEW sale for?

4. Frank

Frank Senior Member

If he's going to re-release it every year, he's got to hold some things back. Maybe look for Party Girl on the 2015 edition of NEW and Hope To See The Future on the 2016 edition.

5. gottafeelin

gottafeelin Forum Resident

Ugh!

Pawnmower likes this.
  6. mrjinks

mrjinks Optimistically Challenged

Exactly! Even though it was only a "lyric video", I still thought it was very well done. Guess those of you who got the Target version (or the Japanese Mach II version) will keep your "exclusive" of that 25 minute Canadian promo film...

Wonder how much footage they'll include in the "promo tour" section - he basically did the same few songs each time, right? Are we going to get "New (live)" from iHeart, Fallon, Times Square, etc? I don't think so. One song from each? Even that might seem a stretch. Will @theMess make his first appearance (crowd scene) on an official McCartney product?

Many questions remain...

Will indie stores carry a "New" and improved CUBE???

theMess and jlf like this.
  7. kevintee

kevintee I’d rather be listening to McCartney

OOOOO....The Cube!

8. mrjinks

mrjinks Optimistically Challenged

When this thing first popped up on the usual sites (Amazon, Importcds, Deepdiscount, etc), it had a retail of $35-ish, with some places showing sale prices of $27 or so. Though all those listings are now inactive, "I Can Bet" :D it will be in that price range.

theMess and heatherly like this.
  9. cb70

cb70 Senior Member

He's holding
    He's holding back "Build A Bridge" and "By Night Dark Clouds" for the Newer Than New collection a year from now so I'd hold off on this release. :)

On a side note, I'd forgotten that "Hope" was copyrighted in 2011 along with some of the Kisses tracks so it makes you wonder if that was one of the songs he attempted in that style??

theMess and gswan like this.
  10. kevintee

The lyrics of Hope contain the phrase "building bridges", so I wonder if "Build a Bridge" was a working title for "Hope".

theMess likes this.
  11. cb70

cb70 Senior Member

"Hope" was copyrighted first in 2011 and "Build A Bridge" in 2013 but it's possible he re-worked it under a new title. The copyright for "Hope" was updated 3 times since 2011 so it's anyone's guess.

theMess and mindgames like this.
  12. Yeah

Yeah Well-Known Member

This is good news. I wonder if it will look like the archive collection in that the CDs and DVD are in a hardcover book.

theMess likes this.
  13. Arnold Grove

Arnold Grove Senior Member

Probably not. It would be too confusing. Arnie

14. Yeah

Yeah Well-Known Member

Good point. I'm confused enough already.

15. Yankee8156

Yankee8156 Senior Member

16. backseat

backseat Italian translator - Paul McCartney's 'The Lyrics'

According to my sources, the basic track of of "Hope" - as heard in the Destiny video game - was recorded in September 2012.

theMess likes this.
  17. kevintee

I'm thinking the packaging will be something like the book that housed the CD and DVD for Good Evening New York City.

18. Captain Groovy

Captain Groovy Senior Member

You think the album will be available as an HD download?

I'm really only in it for:

2. Hell To Pay (previously unreleased)
    3. Demons Dance (previously unreleased)

Jeff

supermd and Bewaremylove like this.
  19. RayS

RayS A Little Bit Older and a Little Bit Slower

By 2042 I expect my brain will be exceptionally "lossy".

theMess, Calico, delmonaco and 2 others like this.
  20. cb70

cb70 Senior Member

The Destiny recording more than likely is from 2012 but a song with the title "Hope" was copyrighted in 2011 along with "Let Me Take You Home Tonight" which makes you wonder if a 'Kisses' version might exist of the song as well.

theMess and Yorick like this.
  21. Eska68

Eska68 Forum Resident

According to the credits for "Hope" the basic track had been recorded with the band in McCartney's Hog Hill Mill Studios. Maybe this was done in 2011 with the additional recordings (orchestral overdubs at Abbey Road Studios) from 2012.

Also it's quite interesting that the notorious "Party Girl" still won't come out from wherever she may hide.
    If I remember correctly McCartney mentioned in one of last year's NEW interviews, that parts of "Appreciate" were coming from a different song recorded earlier in the sessions. Since "Party Girl" was one of the first songs attempted with Epworth and "Appreciate" coming from the final Giles Martin sessions in 2013 this is the reason why we won't hear this song in the foreseeable future.

theMess likes this.
  22. Claudio Dirani

Claudio Dirani A Fly On Apple's Wall

Another de-de-deluxe edition $$$$$

23. backseat

backseat Italian translator - Paul McCartney's 'The Lyrics'

Hog Hill recording should be for some initial idea , or maybe for additional recording done by Paul on his own. "Hope" was recorded at Avatar Studios in September 2012. Orchestral work on this song and recording of the soundtrack are from late November 2012.

24. revolution_vanderbilt

revolution_vanderbilt Forum Resident

That DVD is far too long. He should let George's people trim it down by about 90 minutes ;)

supermd, theMess, Yorick and 7 others like this.
  25. Claudio Dirani

Claudio Dirani A Fly On Apple's Wall

I don't think Appreciate has anything to do with Party Girl. But well, that's just me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.