"Dallas" remake is in the works, talent cast...

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Texastoyz, Feb 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Benno123

Benno123 Forum Resident

I remember when the original series was on as I was growing up, but I didn't pay much attention at the time. Though I must have remembered some plot twists as I know the back story, etc. But what the new version has allowed me to do is go back and purchase the original series on DVD. Now we watch the original to help us fill in the gaps in the storyline. We are just about through season 2 but so far I am really enjoying the original as much as the new series. And Victoria Principal .... smokin' hot is all I have to say about that!!

2. Larry Geller

Larry Geller Surround sound lunatic

Hottest woman on US TV in the '80's (Marilu Henner being #2).

3. Lonson

Lonson I'm in the kitchen with the Tombstone Blues

New season begins Feb.24.

I caught up on this show this year on DVD. This show MASTERS the smash ending/cliff hanger.

Benno123 likes this.
  4. tonyc

tonyc Forum Resident

I'm not going to watch this season. Last year was a good wrap up after Larry Hagman died. I would have ended the series there.

5. dirwuf

dirwuf Misplaced Chicagoan

I would have thought so too, but they've actually made the show intriguing without JR....Hagman's age and illness forced them to make him a peripheral character in the reboot...and it's now not as big a hole to fill as it would have been in the original series.

Benno123 and Larry Geller like this.
  6. RockWizard

RockWizard Forum Resident

TNT is showing Dallas episodes from 7PM CST to tomorrow night at 8PM CST when the new season starts. Looking forward to this.

Benno123 likes this.
  7. Benno123

Benno123 Forum Resident

I found this clipping from a 1990 TV Guide online. Change the '90s reference to a 2014 mention and you could use this for tomorrow night's return of Dallas on TNT. So looking forward to tomorrow night!

Dallas010590.jpg

8. tonyc

tonyc Forum Resident

No comments on the season premiere? I guess I did not miss much.

9. music4life

music4life Senior Member

My wife and I watched and loved this seasons premiere. It picked up right where last season ended.

10. tonyc

tonyc Forum Resident

I would hope it picked up right where last season ended. Last season did not end with Pam and Bobby in the shower. ;)

music4life likes this.
  11. RockWizard

And Andy Gibb PROVED how powerful drugs were - he rather do dope than bang Victoria Principal. And yes, she WAS smokin' hot.

Benno123 likes this.
  12. RockWizard

Another hum-dinger. Stay tuned, this will get hot as the season goes on. Shame JR couldn't blow away Barnes and Bobby's wife's ex(she tried but didn't succeed).

13. rburly

rburly Sitting comfortably with Item 9

No comments on this season? I think the season finale is next week. Anyone watching?

14. Lonson

I'm an episode behind. All I'll say is I really hope the bad guys get what's coming to them.

15. rburly

It's really been exciting and nothing is cookie cutter or expected. Every episode has been exciting. I'm glad that Bobby and Sue Ellen are still around on the show or I probably wouldn't have kept watching the show.

MMM likes this.
  16. RockWizard

I'm wondering which Ewing will be killed next week. What a way to end the season! They wouldn't kill off Bobby, right?:eek:

Haven't missed an episode since it came back with the new cast. Just hope the hiatus isn't too long for season 4.

17. rburly

I can't imagine they would kill Bobby or Sue Ellen. They're the glue that keeps me interested in the show still. I can't imagine who it will be. I doubt that the two hostages would be killed, though the blonde (forget her name) will be killed, but you never know. I was thinking maybe the the brunette with really brown eyes (sorry I can't remember the names). I'll be watching the 2 hour finale though.

18. Lonson

Pamela?

I'm thinking that Brenda Strong will go. That's my guess. We'll see!

19. Larry Geller

Finale?? Didn't this season just start? How many episodes do they film for a season, 8? It sure ain't the usual 23.

20. Larry Geller

You mean:"They wouldn't kill off Bobby AGAIN, right?"

Benno123 likes this.
  21. Lonson

I think it's 12. This is cable tv, not network tv where 20 to 24 is more normal.

22. music4life

music4life Senior Member

Still loving it! My wife tried getting me to watch the original series on DVD but I couldnt get interested in it.

23. RockWizard

Next week will be #13. Nothing like it used to be....

24. rburly

It's been a short season, that's for sure. But I've enjoyed every episode of this season. As mentioned above, I hope they're back in the Spring.

25. RockWizard

Me too. The last hiatus was TOO long.

Benno123 and rburly like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.