Your Dream Pink Floyd Box Set?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by xXFloydianXx, Sep 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. erikdavid5000

erikdavid5000 Forum Resident

They could have included that "Building The Wall" docu from 1980 as well .... Is that what it was called?

It's on youtube anyway..... Major ball drop time.

2. sathvyre

sathvyre formerly known as ABBAmaniac

Yes, but the original version was recorded in 1972, so it should be part of the box set I think.

3. fitzysbuna

fitzysbuna Senior Member

I think that Pink Floyd are boxed set out ! no more ! you can only repackage so many times before it becomes stale and it has become stale !

4. Tornado Red

Tornado Red Forum Resident

I'd like to see all studio albums remixed in 5.1 and released on BD-A for $50....oh yeah, and throw in the inflatable pig c/w helium tank.

5. jay.dee

jay.dee Forum Resident

A massive live box focusing on their early period, i.e. 1967-72, which would include all the BBC sessions material and some of their most revered shows enumerated below:

scotsport, qtrules and JuhNik like this.
  6. One Louder

One Louder Well-Known Member

I would also like to see Saucer get the same treatment as the Piper anniversary issue and an Atom Heart Mother box set with the original mix, the quad mix, a new surround mix, the 1970 BBC Paris Theater broadcast and the PBS KQED and Saint Tropez specials.

Platterpus and davenav like this.
  7. PROG U.K.

PROG U.K. Audiophile-Anglophile

SACD studio albun box by AP.

Jerry Horne likes this.
  8. Disc 1: Any studio Syd-era stuff that was left off the 2007 Piper reissue, fill it out with unreleased live stuff if that exists
    Disc 2: 1969 show
    Disc 3-4: Full 1970 show
    Disc 5-6: Full 1972 show
    Disc 7-8: Full 1975 show
    Disc 9-10: Full 1977 show
    Disc 11: Bluray of a full 1980/81 The Wall show

9. J_D__

J_D__ Senior Member

I'd like a Meddle deluxe package with the BBC tracks and a complete live show from the Animals tour:)

10. davenav

davenav High Plains Grifter

Saucerful is my most urgently desired box, complete with all Syd-era video's, including Jugband Blues.

11. Skyflash

Skyflash Forum Resident

Give me all the albums in 24/96 or SACD stereo and include all the rare stuff from Relics and soundtracks.
    Throw in whatever original quad mixes that exist and whatever 5.1 mixes that have been done. Top top it off
    I'd been willing to pay a little extra to have better packaging than the discovery paper sleeves.

xXFloydianXx likes this.
  12. SammyJoe

SammyJoe Up The Irons!

"Animals", "Atom Heart Mother" and "Meddle" should each receive Immersion-boxsets.
    They should finally release BBC-tracks, all possible good quality recordings from each tour and all rare/obscure/outtake-tracks and aswell all the single-tracks that haven't been available for long time.
    Complete "The Man And The Journey" performance, complete "Household Objects"-sessions, Embryo, all the rest soundtracks...
    +plus lots more that I could not remember now.

And all albums in pristine and immaculate AAA vinyl.

JuhNik likes this.
  13. ArpMoog

ArpMoog Forum Resident

Ide like a set like the Beatles mono box that just came out AAA with the same care.

coffeetime and SammyJoe like this.
  14. vertigone

vertigone Forum Resident

Lost In The Flood likes this.
  15. Jerry Horne

Jerry Horne WYWH (1975-2025)

A box set of all the albums on hi-res Blu-Ray audio with rare video clips included. This would include the quad mixes of Meddle, Atom Heart Mother, Animals etc.

16. xXFloydianXx

xXFloydianXx One Slip, and down the hole we fall Thread Starter

It'd be kind of neat to get all of the albums repackaged in the hardcover "digibook" format, like Endless River and On an Island.

Aside from that, all I truly want from the Floyd now is hi-res mixes of the rest of the catalogue, and the inevitable Pompeii Blu-Ray.

I would love Delicate Sound of Thunder to get an HD treatment, as well. Saxist Scott Page was working on some archive material from that tour earlier this year, but nothing ever came from it.

17. Keith V

Keith V Forum Resident

Actually, I'd probably prefer something like Echoes but with 2 more discs with more goodies and all the tracks that tie up the non album singles/tracks.

18. RingoStarr39

RingoStarr39 Forum Resident

Oh yeah, what about Live at Pompeii remastered on CD and DVD/Bluray.
    The original unedited film without the Dark Side of the Moon studio clips.
    If someone hasn't already said this.

19. 'The Wall', and 'Animals' in 5.1 surround, with no need for fillers or gimmicks.

20. TylerSt

TylerSt Active Member

The film version of The Wall would be a great release, I much prefer it over the album version. I have the film version on bootleg vinyl, which does have great quality, but I recall it's a rip from the laserdisc at the time. The editing out of the dialogue was pretty decent though, but I'd much prefer the real thing.

21. The full Animals artwork on the cover and several LPs/CDs/DVDs by other artists inside, no PF.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 10, 2014
  22. Gavinyl

Gavinyl Remembering Member

Never Mind The Bollocks

Former member 30842 likes this.
  23. ranasakawa

ranasakawa Forum Resident

All above & Umagumma Live out-takes etc.

24. scobb

scobb Forum Resident

Shine On! It's been good enough for me for the last 20 years and will probably do me for the next 30 years if I live that long.

25. Timjosephuk

Timjosephuk Forum Resident

The rest of the numbered Immersion postcards would be a start!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.