Huge Insound 50% vinyl sale

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by Amnesiac, Aug 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tjazz

Tjazz Breakfast at (a record store)

Bad news for me. :mudscrying: (0 for 4 on backorder items)

Hello,

The following items were removed from your Insound order (INS10115094A971930) because our distributors have alerted us that the items are now out of print.

1 Bruce Springsteen - We Shall Overcome: The Seeger Sessions (2xLP)
    1 Lee Morgan - The Sidewinder (2xLP)
    1 Lucinda Williams - Little Honey (2xLP)
    1 The Doors - Live At The Bowl '68 (2xLP)

We're sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused.

You have NOT been charged for any items removed from your order.

For questions regarding our cancellation policies, please see our FAQ.

For any additional questions please email our customer service guru at [email protected] (or just reply to this email!).

Thanks again for shopping at Insound.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2014
  2. johnt23

johnt23 Forum Resident

Insound isn't answering e-mails or phone. Busy moving?

3. lightbulb

lightbulb Not the Brightest of the Bunch

Well, against my best instincts I had placed an order for 13 items, and so far received only 1.
    Insound has 10 items on back order for me. (I'm wondering if I should stop the agony, and terminate the B/Os.)
    What's worse than that, they claim they've sent me 3 items total, so I'm disputing 2 of them.

I've been charged $31.50 for the one item I've received.
    As final injury to insult, the top left corner on that LP, Radio Jellyfish, is crunched.
    :mudscrying:

(I hope my posting makes everyone feel relieved and positive in comparison with their own Insound order experiences.)

4. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

i guess so, but i got sick of trying to contact them about sending me the wrong lp that was also clearly not "new" so i'm just waiting on a paypal case to be resolved. they haven't responded to that either. i should have opened a case for the entire lot based on how terrible their packing was for my box of 15 LPs.

5. havenz

havenz Forum Resident

Awesome! Got two records I really wanted, ended up saving about 50% from store prices. Including shipping spent $22!!! Thanks for the heads up!

6. Citroen

Citroen vinylholic

Got notification today that another of my backorders has been processed.

But got the same message as Tjazz for another 4, removed from order as "out of print". I believe it reached its 4 week delay limit and so was cancelled. Out of print? Maybe. But as I know at least two of them are readily available elsewhere, just not at that knockdown price.

Still, can't really complain :)

7. slayerhatesusall

slayerhatesusall Well-Known Member

I messaged them yesterday about 2 of the cds they sent me being the wrong ones and one of the records being damaged, and today they refunded me for them and the shipping cost and let me keep them without having to send them back, so at least they have good customer service.

8. dnuggett

dnuggett Forum Resident

Looks pretty well cleaned out now.. I got through the Ds and I only found one Deep Purple that I'd maybe want. It wasn't all that good of deal either, and it was on CD.

9. lightbulb

lightbulb Not the Brightest of the Bunch

Update-
    Good news!
    I emailed Insound and requested them to cancel all my 12 backorders, and also mentioned about the one damaged LP I received. They'll credit me the $31.50 for the Jellyfish LP.
    BTW, they mentioned about processing "refunds slowed down due to our site migration, but we should have the refund processed shortly".

So perhaps those who've had a tough time getting through can try again...

If this is resolved as expected, I would consider ordering from them again...but with caution.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.