Paypal changes thieir website

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by white wolf, Sep 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. white wolf

white wolf Forum Resident Thread Starter

Paypal changes thier website. The most obvious change was on the "request money" link. It's also harder to open a claim against someone. Please, if you use paypal sign in and under comments tell them to go back to the classic site.

2. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

There's a button at the button of each page, offering you the Classic Site.

3. white wolf

white wolf Forum Resident Thread Starter

I am aware of the button, but it doesn't give you the classic site. It's close in looks, but not in functionality.

aoxomoxoa likes this.
  4. Combination

Combination Forum Resident

Every time you click something, you lose the classic site. So you have to go back down the bottom corner to get it back again...it is a historically stupid design.

5. greelywinger

greelywinger Osmondia

Haven't used PP in awhile. When I signed in, it said my profile was 60% complete. It's the Facebook effect.

Darryl

6. ShawnX

ShawnX Forum Resident

Did not see this thread so i started a new one.

But I've been having trouble with the verification. I am verified. They confirm my status and the I get another verification request.

It's crazy.

7. grsmnkey

grsmnkey Forum Resident

I've got the same problem this morning. In addition I cannot change my password. No error, No confirmation, just will not change.

8. Lebowski

Lebowski Hey, careful man, there's a beverage here!

I've been having a problem wherein the site keeps telling me that I've reached my limits, but still lets me send/receive. Strange. I'm sure they'll work the kinks out. For the most part they are likely trying to increase security and ease of use. These things need to evolve to remain relevant.

9. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

Did you all see where starting in November, PayPal will allow a buyer SIX MONTHS to file a claim. SIX MONTHS. That means if you sell someone something, take PayPal in payment, and they break it or get tired of it 4 months later, they can file a claim to get their money back...

See, e.g. http://www.ecommercebytes.com/C/abblog/blog.pl?/pl/2014/9/1410970242.html

This will be fun for eBay sellers...

Dap

10. aoxomoxoa

aoxomoxoa I'm an ear sitting in the sky

It seems that they charge more now if you use a credit card to pay. I am not sure if that is new? I don't see an option to send it as a "friend" with no fees either.

11. R. Totale

R. Totale The Voice of Reason

They haven't raised their US rates in at least five years, maybe more (don't know about other countries). They don't charge to anything to send money in the US whether it's from a credit card or not - it costs to receive money, not send it. You can send money without the receiving end getting hit with a fee by sending it as a "gift", which is a stupid thing to do if you are buying something since it erases all protection if there's a problem, declaring it as a gift probably means you can't even do a credit card chargeback.

12. Combination

Combination Forum Resident

You don't have to send it as a gift - all you do is tack on roughly 3% to the amount, and keep it as "Goods".

That being said, it is extremely rare for someone to do it this way, though I have no idea why.

13. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

I've done it this way for 4 years now, to my favorite sellers that is. Cassius, Klownschool...

14. R. Totale

R. Totale The Voice of Reason

Because the seller's fees are part of his cost of doing business? I assume when I see a price on an item the seller has accounted for things like this. I wouldn't buy anything from a seller who expected a 3% extra Paypal tax, I'd think they were being dumb not to just add 5% to their asking price. It used to be against the contract and lose you your merchant credit card processing account to ask for extra to take a card, not sure if that's still the case.

15. Bob Simmons

Bob Simmons Active Member

Classic button only works on the Activity/Summary page, and you lose that the minute you click on another page, really stupid. It is also extremely slow for me since the change. Log-in takes forever. I found out it is easier to open it again in a new tab while it is logging in, to get the Paypal home page to open faster (so I am apparently logged in, but the damn page just won't open in the original tab).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.