Price Tracker: Beatles Mono Vinyl box set

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by ptijerm, Jun 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AlienRendel

AlienRendel Senior Member

I guess it's foolish to expect you to actually read the thread and avail yourself of all the useful information here.

2. adm62

adm62 Senior Member

Trouble is one has to wade through useless shipping information and various other concerns and complaints to find the meat

enocaster likes this.
  3. LSP2003

LSP2003 Senior Member

The shipping information has also led some to choose where to order and not to order and what method of shipping to choose.

4. MekkaGodzilla

MekkaGodzilla Forum Resident

Don't forget, some of us are vegetarians and we LOVE reading about package tracking.

lightbulb likes this.
  5. lightbulb

lightbulb Not the Brightest of the Bunch

***especially when related to anything Beatles.

It's taking the term collector "ephemera" to another level in the digital age.

"Ephemera (singular: ephemeron) is any transitory written or printed matter not meant to be retained or preserved. The word derives from the Greek, meaning things lasting no more than a day. Some collectible ephemera are advertising trade cards, airsickness bags, bookmarks, catalogues, greeting cards, letters, pamphlets, postcards, posters, prospectuses, defunct stock certificates or tickets, and zines."

6. George Blair

George Blair Senior Member

Isn't there another thread about shipping? I'd also like to see actual price-tracking when I check this thread...

GentleSenator, adm62 and enocaster like this.
  7. Naughty Chord

Naughty Chord Hole in my Socrates

Exactly. I wish I had as much shipping info available before I ordered. I would have chosen a different retailer.

Maybe instead of posting shipping info we could argue for a few pages about whether we should post shipping info.

jim249, mrjinks and AlienRendel like this.
  8. enocaster

enocaster Well-Known Member

Your tone is assumptive and borderline rude. I had indeed done what you suggested before posting. An improved signal-to-noise ratio would make this thread much more useful, IMO.

9. marcb

marcb Senior Member

What a coincidence, I was just checking in on this thread and was thinking basically the same thing when I came upon your original post.

Vinylsoul 1965 likes this.
  10. AlienRendel

AlienRendel Senior Member

Hey everybody,
    that kettle is black!
    Sincerely, the Pot

mrjinks likes this.
  11. The Beave

The Beave My Wife Is My Life! And don’t I forget it!

Two F**kin Shea!
    I feel like Howard Cosell.
    the beave

AlienRendel likes this.
  12. LarryT

LarryT Forum Resident

Is $299.98 at BAM still the best price?

13. jim249

jim249 Forum Resident

I work at USPS. All packages are supposed to be scanned on pickup. Whether it is at the PO or if a carrier is making a field pickup. I got a second email with a tracking number. Like yours, it shows nothing.

berlinerpunk likes this.
  14. lightbulb

lightbulb Not the Brightest of the Bunch

As I've seen, most of the postings in this thread indeed begin with the sale price...and as some of us have "taken the bait" and ordered, we're following up and sharing additional info regarding the shipment, customer service, product issues, etc. Many seem to be appreciative.

This is very useful info within one thread for others that are still considering all the options, on the fence debating whether to buy such an expensive item, and wondering if they should pull the trigger.

Can this thread be more focused? Yes, possibly.
    Is it information overload? Yes, probably.
    Is an alternate solution of having separate threads for Sale Price and discount codes, Shipping methods including timing and tracking, Customer service issues, etc. within reason? IMO, no.

I'd be very disappointed if I ordered any product - let alone something that costs $300 plus - and then found out later that someone else has had issues with that same company, and specifically for the same product, and posted their issues elsewhere. (Just as one example, if their shipment is taking more than a week despite ordering express delivery.)

Just my two shekels.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2014
  15. havenz

havenz Forum Resident

For those of you in the northeast US, Newbury Comics is selling the set for $299.99. It's a sale, not sure how long it lasts. Sorry if this was already posted.

Naughty Chord and AlienRendel like this.
  16. I believe BAM is still the best price. There is a $5 off coupon for new customers. The code is TH4NKS.

AlienRendel likes this.
  17. BAM has a 10% off coupon valid through 21-Sep-14 at midnight (CST). The code is CMC9HP3. With the coupon, the cost $273.97 including shipping. That is $10 less than my cost for the box, which I received from BAM in perfect condition.

jim249, Tremaindous and AlienRendel like this.
  18. Tremaindous

Tremaindous Forum Resident

I ordered with BAM and used a $20 off code. That code expired September 10th. My total was 283.97. The box set shipped September 18th. I planned to cancel the order this morning. Guess I'll unload two of my promo shirts to help cover the cost of the box set.

19. Veech

Veech Space In Sounds

Thanks for that, I pulled the trigger for $273.97.

jim249 and Tremaindous like this.
  20. KeithH

KeithH Success With Honor...then and now

But the meat is succulent. It's worth seeking out.

jim249 and adm62 like this.
  21. jim249

jim249 Forum Resident

So did I. Mine is now in Des Moine Iowa. Should have waited, prices will start to drop.

22. jim249

jim249 Forum Resident

At BAM, buy a MCC card for $25 and get 20% off through Sunday 9-21. That would be $239.96. There are exclusions to use of the card, so check it out first. MCC card is the millionaires club card. code MCC2VL9

BAM stocks a lot of vinyl. 3,255 matches when you search. So the MCC card would not be a bad deal at all if you plan on buying more from them.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2014
    BryanW, dirtymac and marka like this.
  23. BryanW

BryanW Likes his pop sunny.

I bought this set at PopMarket.com last night for $184.99 with free shipping. I doubt that a better deal will be found soon.

24. jim249

jim249 Forum Resident

Those are cd's, not the vinyl set.

rediffusion and AlienRendel like this.
  25. jim249

jim249 Forum Resident

BAM has a good return policy. If you change your mind, don't open it. Just contact them for a return number and send it back. You have 30 days from after you receive the package to return it. Of course you eat the cost of postage both ways.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.