Jack White Disses Rolling Stone, Foo Fighters, Pop Singers, etc. during Concert

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by nbakid2000, Sep 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brian Cruz

Brian Cruz Forum Resident

Wow. That's something.

2. Is the stuff in italics a real quote/press release from Jack?

3. Hokeyboy

Hokeyboy Nudnik of Dinobots

Rabble Rabble Rabble how dare he insult the sacred boomer cow of Rolling Stone Rabble Rabble Rabble

SwollenGoat likes this.
  4. ruben lopez

ruben lopez Nunc Est Bibendum

I like Jack White...everybody talks but the more famous you are...:whistle:
    I think the Foo Fighters suck big time,Rolling Stone Magazine too.so what,it's my opinion,but if Jack says it he gets beaten up:shrug:

5. Stan

Stan Forum Resident

Jack White began as a caricature of himself.
    this is performance art, motivated by a social cause.
    Jack White isn't shy, like Neil Young, about trying to recalibrate a culture's worth of peoples ears and associated interest with the spectacle.
    He's got comic sized fighting gloves on to make his points beneath his rants...

SwollenGoat likes this.
  6. Stan

Stan Forum Resident

actually, he most certainly is.

SwollenGoat likes this.
  7. If there weren't dozens of music/entertainment sites out there starved for click-baiting content, we never would've heard about this. Perhaps White should save his pontificating for interviews, but there ain't nothing to see here.

8. Jackson

Jackson Senior Member

Personally i hope he was serious and that this isn't his one and only rant.

9. Dbstay

Dbstay Senior Member

I started to dislike JAck White after watching It Might Get Loud documentary. While Page and Edge were humble and nice all the time White was more concern with his self importance.

parkmebike likes this.
  10. DrBeatle

DrBeatle The Rock and Roll Chemist

Bingo. They ARE the mainstream.

Folknik likes this.
  11. mpayan

mpayan A Tad Rolled Off

Do the Foo Fighters really have someone who doubles the lead guitar in case the guitarist flubs?

Always been a rumor that the Rolling Stones have a guy behind the curtains doing that now.

12. ruben lopez

ruben lopez Nunc Est Bibendum

For me the movie had the opposite effect,i got interested in him,but a myth fell down for me watching Jimmy Page,he could't play s%it:shrug:

13. mpayan

mpayan A Tad Rolled Off

Jimmys always been a loose player. Sloppy is his style. Some of his playing I despise (especially live when he was all drugged out) and then sometimes he could play something that had his signature sloppyness and was so cool sounding. One thing is, no mistaking his playing and style.

14. kozy814

kozy814 Forum Resident

I agree with his Rolling Stone comments. As far a the Foos go, he probably crossed the line, but Dave Grohl is such a nice guy that it likely would not bother him anyway. Jack White is an egomaniac. He was back in the day when he played the clubs here in town and he still is. But he's damn creative. His act kicks the crap out of most new stuff out there. In a RS world of the Swifts, Perrys and Cyrus's, he's has a clear path to above-average with almost anything he does. On the flip RS sold their integrity in exchange for unit sales. The more cover photos of Katy Perry in a bra, the more copies that move off the news stand. It's a function of survival, I guess.

15. tim185

tim185 Forum Resident

Oh yeah they do for sure. There is also another guitarist out the back in the carpack packing cones , you know...just in case.

16. mknappe

mknappe Well-Known Member

The crowd in the background is certainly a caricature of itself! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.