Beatles mono VINYL box set (Part #14)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by hodgo, Sep 17, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 389 Tripower

389 Tripower Just a little south of Moline

Yer Blues!
    One of my faves. I like the Rock & Roll Circus version. That is history!
    Goes great with Jack Daniels & my (wannabe) Bass Practice list.

2. Driver 8

Driver 8 Senior Member

I'm aware of that. It didn't produce a good result.

3. daveidmarx

daveidmarx Forem Residunt

Because the weight of the vinyl, the paper stock used, the lack of lamination and the Sony/ATV credits would fly under the radar of the experts! :doh:

moofassa_ca, crispi, Nobby and 2 others like this.
  4. Trashman

Trashman Forum Resident

Or they were just annoyed, since they paid money to hear Ringo sing, but had to ensure listening to your vocals all night long. :hide:

5. daveidmarx

Pac-Man. Atari 2600. Freakin' AMAZING!!! :nyah:

6. Keith V

Keith V Forum Resident

Gavinyl, dustybooks and daveidmarx like this.
  7. Dusty Ol'Rekkids

Dusty Ol'Rekkids Forum Resident

Nitrous. And if you think that's fun you should have been here yesterday. The ghost of the original Macca was here. We drank one of those silica packets and listened to the lock grove on Peppers for about an hour. Then we played Revolution #9 backwards. There is a full deep bass, but my copy has this repetitive whooshing rumble. Is anybody else noticing that? It's probably decective. I should probably try and exchange it. After that we held up the cover of MMT in the mirror and called the phone number and played the organ part of Mr. Kite at 78 speed. The stylus had a bit of trouble tracking it. So we turned off the record and swayed with our arms around each others shoulders singing "He blew his mind out in a car" repetitively in a beautiful Tiny Tim falsetto while we we enjoyed the last sip of our silica packet tea time. :laugh::D:biglaugh:

DavidFell, Ash76, Robin L and 4 others like this.
  8. daveidmarx

Okay, okay... So maybe "AMAZING" was a little excessive...

Keith V likes this.
  9. TJ Smith

TJ Smith Active Member

It also says ME Kite on the 2012 Stereo vinyl reissues. I checked.

10. ArpMoog

ArpMoog Forum Resident

Why does it have to be either or with bands with some folks? If you love music there is room for it all.
    I for one am not gonna choose and Love some Stones records easily as much as the Beatles.
    The run of December through Goats for me is A +.
    Love Satanic as well but it's no Pepper. Day is one of the greatest tracks of all time for me by anybody
    and it alone puts that record on another level. The Stones did not have a secret weapon like George Martin did they?
    I like Prudence better in mono.

Gavinyl, Vinyl_Blues, e.s. and 3 others like this.
  11. James Bennett

James Bennett Forum Resident

What a laughable proposition, that the Beatles were 'fooling everybody.' Literally, 100s of millions of people.

Gavinyl and e.s. like this.
  12. culabula

culabula Unread author.

Essentially zilch over 20+ sides.

Gavinyl, Ash76, crispi and 2 others like this.
  13. e.s.

e.s. Forum Resident

I've never had an original mono copy of this, but whether it's the '82 mono, the 2009 CD, or this new issue, there is actually a lot I prefer about the mono mix, but obviously, it's down to personal preference. "Sexy Sadie" sounds way better here than on the stereo version to me, same with "Helter Skelter," and I've honestly never minded the different speed on "Don't Pass Me By"...

Gavinyl likes this.
  14. e.s.

e.s. Forum Resident

Basically, yeah. I mean, seriously, the chances of fooling millions of people in the present are slim enough, suggesting that someone somehow engineered their ruse to last decades? Preposterous.

Gavinyl likes this.
  15. BlueSpeedway

BlueSpeedway YES, I'M A NERD

.. not to mention "Copyright 2014" and "Made in EU" on every label!!!!!

16. e.s.

e.s. Forum Resident

Same here. Bought my first box in 2012, everything was in excellent shape, but after comparing with my Blue Box copies on my old hand-me-down Technics, I had a serious case of buyer's remorse and got rid of it. Bought a second one a few months back and once again, all of the albums were flawless. I read so many comments about poorly pressed vinyl on this forum, but I've purchased under a dozen new albums with actual quality control issues over the five years since I started actively buying vinyl again.

17. pongfollow

pongfollow Forum Resident

Did the Beatles record other mono singles that were excluded from the 3LP set? Such as other foreign language tracks?

Yes, "Elle Vous Aime," "Je Veux Tenir La Main," "Huit Jours Par Semaine" and others are missing from this set.

Was there also a cover of Ray Charles' " Frappez la rue, Jacques" ?

18. daveidmarx

Bon chance with THAT one, mon ami!

19. Adam9

Adam9 Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй.

9047991 :)

Gavinyl and Dinstun like this.
  20. culabula

culabula Unread author.

Of course he meant «je veux TE tenir PAR la main».

Gavinyl and James Bennett like this.
  21. CoryS

CoryS Forum Resident

Has anyone had tracking issues on the Yellow Submarine side of Mono Masters?

My needle jumped out of the groove on a couple of tracks (it's All To Much and You Know My Name). I've gotten through almost every side of my box set now and they have otherwise been without issue.

I need to determine if this is more likely a limitation of my rather cheap turntable's tracking ability (with limited options for adjustment) than an issue with the vinyl. Most tracks on this album seem to be cut to a higher level than the rest, and the tracks in question are particularly dynamic.

I didn't notice any obvious flaws in the grooves, but it was late last night. I'll give it a closer inspection tonight under better light, to see how it's tracking. Perhaps it needs a cleaning, or it's off center just enough to push the tracking over the edge.

Or it may just be time to upgrade my table.

Gavinyl likes this.
  22. ex_mixer

ex_mixer Senior Member

Played this side last night, no issues, smooth as silk. YMMV. ;)

Gavinyl likes this.
  23. Combination

Combination Forum Resident

Looks like you have "Audiophile Girly Stylus" :p

[​IMG]

24. bluemooze

bluemooze Senior Member

Got PPM, BFS and RS last week.

Today AHDN, WTB, Help, Revolver and SP arrived. (Ordering the rest next week)

These are wonderful. :)

Listening to AHDN right now. Incredible. Never thought I'd hear the Beatles sounding this good.

Alex Zabotkin likes this.
  25. mpayan

mpayan A Tad Rolled Off

Yeah lol thats true. Geez then why so many print screw ups?

Gavinyl likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.