Barnes and Noble 40% off selected classical

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by jimsumner, Sep 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JackJD

JackJD All I Want is the Truth...

Well, I contacted B&N regarding incorrect disc (CD instead of SACD), they shipped a replacement that i received in a week...

The replacement was, wait for it... the same exact incorrect CD version!

There is a UPC sticker on the outside wrapping of the disc; It has the correct SACD UPC.

BUT, if one peels the applied SACD UPC sticker, it reveals the correct plain vanilla CD-only UPC printed on the disc itself.

I tried to explain this the first time to the B&N rep., he assured me he would contact the shipping warehouse and straighten out the problem; and I would receive the correct SACD version. WRONG!

I just called B&N for the second time today; Spoke to and explained the situation to another rep. who assured me he would contact the shipping warehouse and straighten out the problem; and I would receive the correct SACD version. OKAY, we'll see.!

Call me cynical, but... :sigh:

I'll let ya know...

:wave:

2. KeithH

KeithH Success With Honor...then and now

:sigh:

Weird that the CD would have a sticker with the SACD UPC. What's that about?

3. AztecChimera

AztecChimera Forum Resident

Didn't that happen with the ABKCO Stones reissues - the digipak SACDs got replaced with jewelcase CDs with the same UPC?

4. Gene Parmesan

Gene Parmesan Forum Resident

I think so. Other ABKCO releases as well ... the Sam Cooke and The Animals anthologies IIRC.

5. JackJD

JackJD All I Want is the Truth...

Well, par for the course at B&N, after two unsuccessful attempts and 2-3 weeks, I received the following e-mail regarding said SACD:

"Unfortunately, the item from your order titled "Volodos Plays Liszt" is
    out of stock therefore; we are not able to check the item and send a
    replacement.

We apologize for any inconvenience.

Sincerely,
    Sheena
    Customer Service Representative
    Barnes & Noble"

That's it...

No mention whatsoever of reimbursement for the SACD disc which I haven't received.

Now I have to call them again, for the third time, in order to get my money back.

I reiterate my original, unchanged opinion; B&N really are the pits... :thumbsdow:thumbsdow:thumbsdow

:wave:

6. AztecChimera

My order has shipped; fingers crossed that it's actually SACDs :hide:

7. mmars982

mmars982 Forum Resident

Just took a look at bn.com & see this sale is going on again (usually happens this time of year). Might pick up a few more Living Stereo SACDs.

lightbulb likes this.
  8. lightbulb

lightbulb Not the Brightest of the Bunch

What are your best Living Stereo SACD recommendations in this sale? Thanks in advance.

9. TeacFan

TeacFan Forum Resident In Memoriam

At six bucks, or so, a pop, ya can't go wrong with any of 'em. Do not think they are being produced anymore. I have the entire run & a player.

lightbulb likes this.
  10. mmars982

mmars982 Forum Resident

Agree with TeacFan. You can't go wrong with any at this price. But if I had to pick favorites I'd pick Spain, Leontyne Price, Madama Butterfly, Julian Bream, Scherezade, Heifetz Bach Double.

lightbulb likes this.
  11. rpd

rpd Senior Member

All of them. No kidding

lightbulb likes this.
  12. AztecChimera

It's like bobbing for water - ya can't miss.

lightbulb likes this.
  13. Beholdentonoone

Beholdentonoone Forum Resident

Aren't these Living Stereo SACD's OOP now? Why are they so cheap everywhere if they are of such great sound quality?

Baffles the mind!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.