Bee Gees Living Eyes CD Looks suspicious

Discussion in 'Third Party Sales & Auctions' started by carrolls, Jun 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jrr

Jrr Forum Resident

I bought Living Eyes right when it came out...that one is definitely fake! Was supposedly the first Pop CD released. I had a music store when it came out...was thrilled to get it. Came and went fast! Was a stiff album....they could not have made many. I like it a lot though.

2. ferdinandhudson

ferdinandhudson Forum Resident

Far from the first released, it was however used for demonstration purposes back in 1981 and featured in a BBC program called Tomorrow's World that year. The commercial release is listed as having been issued in August 1984 according to the Music Master CD catalogue, 2 years after the format was first launched.

carrolls likes this.
  3. carrolls

carrolls Forum Resident Thread Starter

I knew Living Eyes was demonstrated on BBC's Tomorrows World in 1981. I wasn't dreaming.:D

Wikipedia quote.

ferdinandhudson likes this.
  4. ferdinandhudson

The image of the brothers holding up the CD, player, CD booklet and LP sleeve is also classic 1981. Robin's everchanging hairstyles, in particular, firmly dates it.

5. Ironbelly

Ironbelly Forum Resident

Well... My fault. The thing is that in 1981 (and in 1983) I lived behind the Iron Curtain. There was no BBC Tomorrows World on our local TV station.

Thank you for confirmation.

6. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

7. ferdinandhudson

Excerpt from the 1981 Tomorrow's World program on the Compact Disc featuring the demonstration disc of Bee Gees' Living Eyes.

Lost In The Flood likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.