Big Brother 16 (Possible Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by rburly, Jun 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ky658

ky658 Senior Member

I think Derrick has this, he's played the best game, IMO (not necessarily by winning comps, but by using Ian's approach of staying off the radar). Cody was lucky he won the POV last night, if Caleb knew what he knows now about loyalty going out the window towards the end, I think he would've never volunteered to be on the block. That being said, the jury may be against Derrick for playing all of them, but only time will tell...I think either Caleb, Donny or Frankie will get America's vote.

2. rburly

rburly Sitting comfortably with Item 9 Thread Starter

I agree that Derrick deserves the win this season. he did more behind the scenes and outright manipulated people more than anyone else, especially last night, than even Frankie. Obviously he didn't chalk up the wins like Frankie and Caleb, but they're in the jury house. I'm sure Caleb wishes that he hadn't volunteered to be the pawn, and if he's ever watched Survivor, he'd never had made that decision.

I'm personally hoping Donny wins the fan favorite. No he didn't have a social game, but I can't imagine how this season would have gone had he not been there being a thoughtful, helpful truly nice guy in the House.

3. F_C_FRANKLIN

F_C_FRANKLIN Forum Resident

I think Donny is a shoe-in to win the $25,000, I would really be shocked if he didn't.

rburly likes this.
  4. rburly

I agree. There are the Zach and Nicole fans, and even the Derrick (?) fans (I think they're cops), but Donny was my favorite the whole time he was on and was for all the live feeders when he was there as well. I hope he wins, anyway.

minerwerks and F_C_FRANKLIN like this.
  5. ky658

ky658 Senior Member

F_C_FRANKLIN likes this.
  6. F_C_FRANKLIN

I read the details yesterday, and it basically came down to 2 people left kinda making a "Eeny, meeny, miny, moe" decision who should win the 1st comp.

7. ky658

ky658 Senior Member

Wouldn't it be amazing if Victoria ends up winning this? She would be this year's Jordan :)

rburly and F_C_FRANKLIN like this.
  8. F_C_FRANKLIN

Victoria winning wouldn't bother me as nearly as much as Jordan winning it, since she did a nice job following Derrick's instructions t0wards the end. That said, I'm not saying she deserves to win at all. In reality, Cody winning wouldn't bother me at all, but again he would deserve the win because he followed Derrick's instructions.

It will be interesting what decision Derrick makes if he wins the final HOH. Game wise, Victoria is the natural choice, however the loyalty factor might work to Derrick's favor if he picks Cody, since the seeds have been planted to Caleb that they made a final 2 pack on day 2.

rburly likes this.
  9. rburly

It would make my BB season if Victoria somehow pulled out a Victory. She doesn't deserve it, but she's done everything asked of her (maybe mentioned above :)).

F_C_FRANKLIN likes this.
  10. F_C_FRANKLIN

rburly likes this.
  11. rburly

I just voted before you linked that. Very close right now.

F_C_FRANKLIN likes this.
  12. The Spaceman

The Spaceman Forum Resident

I don't know if that would be an insult or compliment. Lol

13. rburly

Derrick wins the second POV competition.

F_C_FRANKLIN likes this.
  14. F_C_FRANKLIN

As it should be.

15. rburly

Does anyone think either Derrick or Cody will take Victoria to the final 2?

16. F_C_FRANKLIN

Cody is loyal to Derrick, but he's starting to figure out at least 1/2 the jury will vote for Derrick. I can't say he'll take Victoria to final 2 *yet*. Derrick will get a good read on Cody tonight and tomorrow, and if he 'smells' something is up *at all* with Cody, Derrick wouldn't hesitate to take Victoria to final 2 in a heartbeat.

17. Lonson

Lonson I'm in the kitchen with the Tombstone Blues

If they're smart either will.

18. minerwerks

minerwerks Forum Resident

I guess this ran out of steam for everyone.

I did want to comment on the glorified clip show they aired last Friday night. It was interesting to hear some of the DR moments from months back that sounded more relaxed and natural. I would have liked it if the producers had allowed more moments like that throughout the season. It's even more obvious after the comparison that everyone settled into some form of character they counted on to parrot whatever commentary was needed to stitch the show together. That ACTING! voice didn't do any favors for Nicole or Victoria.

rburly likes this.
  19. minerwerks

rburly likes this.
  20. rburly

Caleb YELLING during his DRs really bothered me. I know the direct them to project when they do the DRs, but the yelling is a bit too much. Plus they do multiple takes sometimes of everything.

The show starts at 9:30 pm tomorrow. I'm listening to Derrick and Victoria right now. There has been almost nothing to talk about since the second HOH.

21. rburly

The reason Zach had a big following was because he kept things going (laughter-wise) in the house. He helped live feed people going for hours at a time. I think the poll might be skewed by people who have live feeds.

Big night tomorrow, first night of Survivor and the BB finale!

22. rburly

Derrick tried to go to bed (it's 7:45 pm!) but realized he can't fall asleep. He and Cody are talking about how tomorrow is the end of one part of their life and after the show tomorrow is the beginning of a lot more of their lives. Lots of talk right now about plans after they leave.

23. minerwerks

Good point!

24. ky658

ky658 Senior Member

I actually hope it ends up being Derrick and Victoria, as she was on the block more times than anybody and survived...

25. Dr. Bogenbroom

Dr. Bogenbroom I'm not a Dr. but I play one on SteveHoffman.TV

I think "survived" is a different animal than "kept around as a failsafe".

Even more so for me than last season. Once Zach left...there wasn't much to keep things interesting. The whole "frankie show" and the way the producers skewed things to his favor (seemingly) and the amount of coverage he garnered got tiresome early. Does ABC own Ariana's contract or something? I digress. Boring watching everyone march to the orders of those in power.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.