Predictions for the 2014-2015 TV Season

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by jupiter8, Sep 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deesky

Deesky Forum Resident

Heh, it should have been named Dystopia!

2. Dr. Pepper

Dr. Pepper What, me worry?

Forever looks kind of interesting to me. He lives forever, do some of the stories may take place in the past? Is that right? If so it's a pretty intriguing to present stories from multiple time lines, but featuring a continuing character through all of it to bind the series together. I'll give it a shot.

Karnak likes this.
  3. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

Yes, lots of flashbacks to the 1800s and 1950s, at least in the pilot:

I like the looks of it and the actors seem appealing. Also good to see Judd Hirsch working -- he's a terrific actor.

4. I've actually been keeping up with it. Utopia had some very strange casting choices for a network broadcast. It's the type of content that could probably survive on some cable channel like The Real World.

5. fitzysbuna

fitzysbuna Senior Member

are they trying to replicate Sherlock? from that I am getting a Sherlock vibe crossed with a little of Torchwood

6. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

Very apt description. And maybe a little bit of Highlander, too.

fitzysbuna likes this.
  7. tonyc

tonyc Forum Resident

I'm going to watch the pilot of that. But, that looks like the type of show that might be funny once but would get old real fast as a series.

8. rjp

rjp Senior Member

totally agree.

very few new shows have piqued my interest.

it's the old standbys i am looking forward to.

9. rjp

rjp Senior Member

what little i saw of it was really bad, and i'm being nice.

10. progrocker71

progrocker71 Forum Resident

There are some Sherlock moments (actually closer in tone to Elementary). The lead character uses the same kind of deductive techniques, but it's based around the premise that he has 200 years of life experience to draw from, not that he has any kind of special deductive gift ala Sherlock.

The only sci-fi element in the show is the lead character can't die, everything else is set in "our" reality.

11. Deuce66

Deuce66 Senior Member

Looking forward to Gotham, Game of Thrones, True Detective, the HD version of The Wire, Walking Dead and probably a few unknown to be discovered shows.

12. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

Gotham is so far the show with the highest expectations among critics. I just hope Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. doesn't fall apart... they had some problems last season.

13. fitzysbuna

fitzysbuna Senior Member

do you think "can't die" thing can make the show a bit gimmicky?

14. fitzysbuna

fitzysbuna Senior Member

I watched the full season of Agents of Shield and enjoyed the full season . what problems did it have?

With Gotham if its a cop show I will probably watch it ! but if its like Smallville I won't be watching it as i have had enough of teen angst super hero shows.

15. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

Ratings were bad, and they had almost no super heroes in the show because Marvel won't allow any crossovers. In the comic book, there was never a problem with having (say) Iron Man pop in for a story now and then; you won't ever see that happen on TV. It's a miracle they were able to get Samuel L. Jackson to consent to being in the show for a few minutes.

16. Deesky

Deesky Forum Resident

I dropped it after about 3 or 4 eps. Not because of a lack of superheroes, but because the characters were uninteresting and the plots were superficial at best.

17. fitzysbuna

fitzysbuna Senior Member

you mean crossovers from the movies to the tv show were not allowed? wow I have never heard that ! so does that mean they have to create their own superheroes ? with ending from the last season I don't think there will be any crossovers ever again! here in Australia it was in the wrong time slot, no advertising for it. Was on for 3 weeks before being dropped for awhile ( maybe 3 to 4 months ) before it was put onto another channel (owned by same company) . I hope the ratings over there improve for the second season (though with those restrictions it will make it hard). I really enjoyed the show

18. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

I think it's not doable on a TV budget, plus the big-name actors (Robert Downey, Jr., Chris Hemsworth, Chris Evans, etc.) are just not gonna do TV. And I think the various fiefdoms that control Disney TV vs. Disney/Marvel features realize that the movies are what make the big, big money.

They did have a plot crossover with the end of S.H.I.E.L.D. from Captain America going into the TV show, so they're going that far.

The show has moments, but I have to admit, it's been an effort to watch. But the last couple of episodes were actually pretty good and had some Whedon-esque dialogue, and the ratings did come up a skosh.

19. rockclassics

rockclassics Senior Member

I did not see last week's episode, but I have now seen the first 7 minutes of the second episode tonight. This show S U C K S!!!! I want my 7 minutes back.

It seems like a comedy or spoof. But the description on the guide says Intense Violence, Sexual Situations, Suggestive Dialogue - suggesting a serious show that might be my kind of show. WRONG.

20. Mirrorblade.1

Mirrorblade.1 Forum Resident

I like the villian who called him on the phone saying 2000 yrs old.
    I think I know who he is.

21. Scott222C

Scott222C Loner, Rebel & Family Man

So how bad was the first episode of "Stalker" ? :)

22. misterdecibel

misterdecibel Bulbous Also Tapered

There's nothing on this list that I plan to give a chance. Not even once.

Kyhl and audiomixer like this.
  23. audiomixer

audiomixer As Bald As The Beatles

It's a dismal season...

24. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

Very hard to argue with that. For the last ten years, I've looked at the new schedule and said, "it's the worst TV season ever!" This one is the worst of the worst.

audiomixer likes this.
  25. Mirrorblade.1

Mirrorblade.1 Forum Resident

I bet you have dvdr Selfie.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.