Kiss 2014 Vinyl Reissues (Pt5)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by hodgo, Sep 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. batman144144

batman144144 Nocturnal crime fighter/audio enthusiast.

I finally got around around to listening to my copy of RARO. I'm listening as I type. Man, have I died and gone to heaven? I can't wait to write my review for this thing...

2. batman144144

Very impressive knowledge... :righton:

artieziff likes this.
  3. batman144144

I have almost all these reissues. Unmasked is hands down my favorite of the entire series. The sound quality is just outstanding. Ironically, Destroyer is hands down my least favorite of the re-issues in terms of sound quality. Very, very little improvement over the Remaster CD. I don't think I would pick it up if I had it to do over again. On the other hand, I've seen people rank it amongst their favorites of the re-releases.

4. Ronnie Potchie

Ronnie Potchie Forum Resident

Has the Creatures reisssue been confirmed as the 85 remix ?
    What is the difference between the 82 original and the 97 remaster other than dynamics ?
    Drives me nuts that they remixed this ( the song ).Sounds more like something from Asylum.

5. batman144144

The US edition is not due 'til Sept 30. No one knows if it's the '82 mix or not.

wkcchampion likes this.
  6. Ronnie Potchie

Ronnie Potchie Forum Resident

Understood.

7. Clanceman

Clanceman Forum Resident

I'm basically with you. I think Unmasked is remarkable for sure, and among the best. However, I'd probably put Alive at the top of the heap. I was also least impressed with Destroyer, as I've said many times early in Part 1., though I'm happy to have a quiet copy.

8. fuhrsy31

fuhrsy31 Forum Resident

I know this has been mentioned before many times but every Kiss fan should get the Hi rez Destroyer Resurrected download. To me this is hands down the best sounding version out there. It's that good......now back to vinyl........

9. Clanceman

Clanceman Forum Resident

More drinks or lps?

tonyzz, 4stringking73 and Turbo2k like this.
  10. liveshowz

liveshowz Forum Resident

I actually prefer the SACD of the original Destroyer... Probably because I played that album so much that the 'resurrected' version just doesn't work for me...

The SACD was made from a fresh transfer in 2010/2011(?)

And there is a reissue coming next month or so

11. Turbo2k

Turbo2k Forum Resident

Hehe... Both.

Clanceman likes this.
  12. Turbo2k

Turbo2k Forum Resident

The same for me, Ressurected was interesting for a couple of listens to hear the differences but it just sounds wrong to me.

13. Kizzguy

Kizzguy Member

I'm of the same opinion. My friends (who are also Kiss fanatics) think I'm nuts! It's nostalgic for me. I'll never forget asking EVERYONE for that album for X-mas in 81' and then getting three different copies! I had to make sure I got it!!! My mother was not pleased and made me return two of them and made me pick two other non Kiss lps! I was pissed!!! Sorry....I drifted off for a minute there.
    Anyway, I listened to that album over and over until it was literally unlistenable- just like Dynasty and Unmasked before it! So the original US track order has been burned into my brain. Loveboth versions though and am psyched to get the "corrected" track version on vinyl!!!

4stringking73 and Ronnie Potchie like this.
  14. Clanceman

Clanceman Forum Resident

Alive III, and all the solos except Peter's, just shipped!!!! :)

15. tonyzz

tonyzz Well-Known Member

Hey clanceman,have a drink and order the peter criss album too. :biglaugh:

Emperor5353 and 4stringking73 like this.
  16. SpinningInfinity

SpinningInfinity Forum Resident

LPs...and drinks!!

4stringking73 and tonyzz like this.
  17. SpinningInfinity

SpinningInfinity Forum Resident

I love slightly intoxicated shopping...

and the reality is. (for me)

LPs are cheaper than new (well....specifically vintage) guitars..which was what I was buying a lot of last year

!

18. Clanceman

Clanceman Forum Resident

Ha Tony....I was completely sober and ordered it. I know how it looks.....but for some strange reason, Peter Criss LP is showing a 30th delivery? :p

4stringking73 and tonyzz like this.
  19. batman144144

Yeah, I owned Destroyer on vinyl back in the day when it came out, and there are a couple of things on Resurrected I don't like. I don't like the extra glass all over the car crash. I don't like the extra "Get up," and "Get down" 's they inserted, and I don't like Ace's lead on Sweet Pain. Nonetheless, the mix on Resurrected has heavier drums; sharper, more defined bass; guitars that are a little more forward in the mix without drowning out anything else, and a bit more detail overall. Resurrected is my go-to copy. I don't think I'll even pick up the Deluxe Edition, if it emerges.

fuhrsy31 and 4stringking73 like this.
  20. batman144144

It's not due out until the 30th.

21. Clanceman

Clanceman Forum Resident

Yeah, just *strange because the other 3 are out this tues.

22. batman144144

Gene and Paul's doing, no doubt. :hide: [​IMG]

Clanceman and Ronnie Potchie like this.
  23. 4stringking73

4stringking73 Forum Resident

Much cheaper!

SpinningInfinity likes this.
  24. 4stringking73

It would be perfect to me if Ace's Sweet Pain solo was gone, or at least the last track. (rip Dick Wagner)

Ronnie Potchie likes this.
  25. 4stringking73

My guess is that they pressed much less of Pete`s album. Probably pressed equal amounts of the other three. That would probably cause the separation in release. But I am just speculating.

Clanceman likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.