Favorite Kiss Lp and Why ?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Ronnie Potchie, Sep 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ronnie Potchie

Ronnie Potchie Forum Resident Thread Starter

Hey, its ok to feel that way.
    Thats what critics have been saying for years.
    There are lots of technically skilled musicians that write thought provoking lyrics who grew up listening to them.

2. Plexihead

Plexihead Well-Known Member

Debut, it's filled with great tunes (I grew up with the first press lp, without that lame add on Kissin' Time).

dconsmack and Damien DiAngelo like this.
  3. audiotom

audiotom Senior Member

When I was 13 I caught kiss on The Midnight Special

So I guess the first album

http://search.yahoo.com/search;_ylt...=kiss+midnight+special+1974&fr2=sa-gp&fr=ipad

I was enthralled even though I had found Zeppelin and Bowie the year before. Three albums, two Halloweens and I was done. Kiss Alive was the breakout for most kids in Michigan, never cared for it.

Started listening to Genesis, Roxy Music, Yes, Tull, etc

4. Ronnie Potchie

Is the original LP a different mix ?
    I've only heard with Kissin' Time in various audio formats.

5. Ronnie Potchie

Strange Ways is my favorite Peter on vocals song of all time !!!
    One of my favorite Ace written songs.
    Going Blind, All The Way and Parasite are my favorites from this LP.

6. "Alive!" is one of the most exciting live rock albums ever! Words aren't enough to describe what I felt the first time I heard it.

Ronnie Potchie and vamborules like this.
  7. Lord Summerisle

Lord Summerisle Forum Resident

Hotter Than Hell.

Emperor5353, Ronnie Potchie and intv7 like this.
  8. Ronnie Potchie

This is the album that influenced me to pick up the first three studio albums.
    Summer of 1985 !!!

9. Bolero

Bolero Senior Member

none of them, I can't stand that band :D

actually there is ONE song I like...funky groove, long melodic guitar solo. not sure what it's called though.

10. Ronnie Potchie

Dark Light from The Elder ?

11. 24voltsdc

24voltsdc Forum Resident

'ALIVE!' for me. How can anyone with a pulse not rock out to that record!?!

12. giantleech

giantleech Lord of all fevers and plagues

No. Choose your favorite KISS album. If you like no album by KISS, consult with your family doctor about a course of treatment for rectifying a condition of failing or completely depleted levels of testosterone.

BryanA-HTX, Tree of Life and DDTM like this.
  13. Zach Johnson

Zach Johnson Forum Resident

I have odd taste when it comes to KISS...Love the first two albums, the rest of the 70s ones are meh (except Destroyer which has been way overplayed), Elder/Creatures/Lick It Up are excellent, the rest of the 80s albums are bad, Revenge is good, and Carnival of Souls is probably my favourite. (oh and Sonic Boom is decent, but Monster is meh).

14. Tree of Life

Tree of Life Hysteria

Long time Kiss fan and for those who say none, why even read the topic? Dude says "No substance". WTF does that mean? That they aren't writing songs about saving the rain forest? Saving the giant panda? Or hell, saving private Ryan for all it matters. Haters gonna hate though and have to spread their hatred as much as possible. That being said I'll get on with the program.

Favorite Album by the Hottest Band In The World-Jesus this is hard. So many really great albums, everyone of them having great tunes on them, although none about global warming, so sad.

So I'll go with DESTROYER. Although I cannot stand "Beth", the rest of the songs are A plus. "King of the nighttime world", Flaming Youth, Do You Love Me, God Of Thunder, Shout It Out Loud, all classic tunes that will be forever embedded into the fabric of my being.

Ivand and candyflip69 like this.
  15. intv7

intv7 Senior Member

C'mon, man, please knock off the threadcrapping. This is against forum rules. Feel free to start your own thread about why you hate the band.

M321115, Emperor5353 and fuhrsy31 like this.
  16. ampmods

ampmods Forum Resident

Dressed to Kill for me as well. In a way it feels like a British Invasion album. The songs are all great. The whole album feels like a party. And apparently it was!

kevinsponge likes this.
  17. Andy Smith

Andy Smith .....Like a good pinch of snuff......

'Destroyer'. Kind of ties in with another thread buzzing around here lately about preconceptions. I was aware of Kiss and told a mate they looked rubbish and that they were simply (belatedly) ripping off our Glam movement and Alice Cooper. Many months later he came round to my place with something to play me and wouldn't say what it was. After establishing I liked it, he drew the lp sleeve out from behind the settee. 'Destroyer' was the beast in question. I was wrong and he was right. Now the only thing we argue about is which Kiss solo album is best. (I go for Peter Criss' because at least he had the bollocks to try something a little different).

18. intv7

intv7 Senior Member

I concur.

Lord Summerisle likes this.
  19. Deuce66

Deuce66 Senior Member

That was the one that turned me into a fan, one look at the cover then dropping the needle on Deuce = game over, it turned my world upside down.

Ronnie Potchie likes this.
  20. SwollenGoat

SwollenGoat Forum Resident

Being born in '68 I was the prime age in the mid seventies to be a Kiss fanatic. The first album I heard thru an older neighbor was Rock n Roll Over. Still my favorite, Calling Dr. Love,Mr.Speed,I Want You and Baby Driver are all great tunes.
    I still get a nice nostalgic feeling spinning any of the albums up to Creatures, so many childhood memories connected to Kiss!

Ronnie Potchie likes this.
  21. Ronnie Potchie

I'm going to take a guess and say your mate likes Ace Frehley's solo album the best.

22. Jimmy Agates

Jimmy Agates CRAZY DOCTOR

Hotter Than Hell...no covers no ballads cool cover art and a dark mysterious sound!

Gregster and Emperor5353 like this.
  23. moofassa_ca

moofassa_ca Senior Member

I gotta say 'CREATURES OF THE NIGHT'. I did enjoy 'THE ELDER' at the time of it's release, but when Creatures came out, I'll I could think was "They're back"!!

Gregster likes this.
  24. Andy Smith

Andy Smith .....Like a good pinch of snuff......

Nope, Paul's.

25. Ronnie Potchie

Creatures Of The Night is my favorite album from the 80's. The Elder is a close second.

moofassa_ca likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.