Vinyl shops in Denver?

Discussion in 'Music, Movie and Hardware Store Guide' started by Leviethan, Jun 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rob303

rob303 Forum Resident

Hey, thanks for the heads up! I went over and bought that today. Its the Pro-Use pressing and in NM condition! When I was there I was all surprised to see they had the elusive pressing of Danzig's S/T. That has been on my list forever, so I snagged that too!

I gotta say, Bart had a ton of stuff I'd have no problem dropping some change on. If I had it to spend, I could've easily spent a couple bills in there today.

2. jhm

jhm Forum Resident

Very nice! I'm glad I could help out with one of your scores! Sounds like it was a win/win for you and the store :)! You can't stock something for everyone, but Bart really cares about music and loves vinyl so I'm not totally surprised there was some good stuff there. He's kind of come full circle from his original shop on West 8th street off of Pearl (when it was Bart's CD Cellar).

3. shinedaddy

shinedaddy Forum Resident

I saw that Abbey Road there at Bart's too but it wasnt for me.

Went to Black and Read and then Twist and Shout, BARREN in there too. Too bad because at both I have scored before. Complete waste of time, this time, btu oh well. You gotta go to know.

4. shinedaddy

wax trax is super bare right now too.....though i believe i saw another forumite there at the same time today. maybe thats why denver is so super bare right now, too many well informed shtv shoppers. may not bother with shopping here anymore....not worth the time like it used to be.

5. clhboa

clhboa Forum Resident

I hit Earth Pig and the Platte Ave. Independent Records in Co. Springs on Tues. I had just been there a month ago but I did pick up a few things.

6. shinedaddy

like what?

7. clhboa

clhboa Forum Resident

Earth Pig...

lp's
    Humble Pie-"On To Victory" (sealed)
    J. Geils Band-"You're Getting Even I'm Getting Odd" (sealed) ...yeah I know, no Peter Wolf but for 2 bucks....

Independent...

lp's
    Atlanta Rhythm Section-"Quinella"
    Katie Webster-"Two Fisted Mama"
    Al Copley-"Automatic Overdrive" (sealed)
    John Schneider-"Too Good To Stop Now" (sealed)
    Hank Thompson-"An Old Love Affair"

cd

Brian Setzer-"Rockabilly Riot" new release

8. clhboa

clhboa Forum Resident

...I really hemmed and hawwed over the Chet Atkins instructional lp at Earth Pig as it was in nice shape and the booklet was intact but decided to pass.

9. shinedaddy

well, not exactly a ringing endorsement IMO but glad you found something

10. Mr. LP Collector

Mr. LP Collector Forum Resident

Something to add here.

Denver's next record/CD record convention will be a week from tomorrow (9/28) A fair amount of sellers generally thin out their stock a few days afterwards. There's been many a time where I'll hear a few sellers talk to a few other dealers (for example Dave at Wax Trax) wanting to sell off a couple hundred or so. The convention is at the Ramada Inn off Interstate 25 and 120th ave.​

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.