Kiss 2014 Vinyl Reissues (Pt5)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by hodgo, Sep 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ronnie Potchie

Ronnie Potchie Forum Resident

Ace's solo seems unfinished. Like the guitar part after the "Any Way I say " line.

4stringking73 likes this.
  2. Ronnie Potchie

Looking foward to hear the Creatures reissue.
    Hope the master is derived from the 82 version.

4stringking73 and Kizzguy like this.
  3. Kizzguy

Kizzguy Member

I couldn't handle it any longer. I had to use what little credit I had left and order Rock n Roll Over last night. I told myself I'd hold off until either I paid down what Kiss debt I already racked up or until I had some extra income- Well I blew that! Now that makes my list of bought reissues - S/T, Hotter Than Hell, Dressed To Kill, Alive!, Destroyer, R an R Over, Love Gun, Dynasty, Unmasked, Revenge, Unplugged, Psycho Circus and COS!!! Getting there!!!

4. Emperor5353

Emperor5353 Forum Resident

Just ordered Ace's solo lp..I see it is shipping today from most places!! Probably going to wait on the other solo's..next purchase will be Alive II

4stringking73 and Clanceman like this.
  5. wkcchampion

wkcchampion Well-Known Member

I'm waiting for the US release, to know which mix (82 or 85) it offers.

6. Kizzguy

Kizzguy Member

I'm dying to know myself. Problem is, I'm a completest- At least as far as the makeup years goes. I'll most likely jump on it just to complete the set- up to that point. But like everyone else, I'll be disappointed if its the 85' version.

7. Clanceman

Clanceman Forum Resident

:edthumbs:

8. Emperor5353

Emperor5353 Forum Resident

Out of curiosity, I just tweeted UMG and Kevin Reeves to see if they can shed any light on this..Reeves did the remastering for the vinyl releases

9. Todd W.

Todd W. It's a Puggle

Please post a review. As I have said, outside of Alive, probably my favorite KISS.........Well, Dressed to Kill also.

10. 4stringking73

4stringking73 Forum Resident

I am waiting to see which Creatures mix before I buy. I already have the import and it is the 85 mix. I will be bummed like everyone else if it is not the 82 mix, but I think the 85 mix sounds really darn good on the 2014 vinyl.

tonyzz likes this.
  11. wkcchampion

Honestly, I was not that "bummed". The difference between the two mixes is minimal, and the EU Creatures sounds very very good!
    What I don't like is Killer in 2nd place, but... I made the tape with the 1982 track order ;)

Clanceman and 4stringking73 like this.
  12. 4stringking73

4stringking73 Forum Resident

Agreed, it does sound really good. The track order drives me nuts too, because "Saint and Sinner" is one of my fave tracks on the album.

13. tonyzz

tonyzz Well-Known Member

You're going to be surprised.

Clanceman likes this.
  14. Kizzguy

Kizzguy Member

And why do ya say that??? What do you know???? Enough with the suspense already! Out with it!!!! Did I forget to say pleeeeeeeease???

15. Kizzguy

Kizzguy Member

I'll do my best to give a comparison between the new and an almost mint (only spun once- I bought it sealed) original first pressing. At least as good as I can decifer through my mediocre (at best) set up and not so perfect ears. But to my surprise, a lot of the differences explained from other posters with far ssuperior equipment, were evident to me as well. So, as I said- I'll do my best!

16. Kizzguy

Kizzguy Member

Apparently, a sentence somehow dissapeared from my last post. But I think the point I was making is still obvious.

17. tonyzz

tonyzz Well-Known Member

You're going to be surprised too:biglaugh:

18. Ronnie Potchie

There was nothing wrong with the drums,why did they have to make it (the song Creatures Of The Night) sound like something from Asylum ?
    The drums were not to loud in my opinion ( they were awesome pounding !!!).
    Song switch also seemed unnecessary.S&S is one of my favs as well.
    Aside from those two gripes, it sounds the same to me.
    Actually three, I love the original cover.
    Haven't heard the 82 Vinyl in years.

19. celticbob

celticbob Forum Resident

Anyone buy Crazy Nights? How is it?

20. Vinyl Fan 1973

Vinyl Fan 1973 "They're like soup, they're like....nothing bad"

Saw Crazy Nights at HMV at lunch, picked up the new Sloan instead. I will get this, but I'm going to wait till the price drops a bit.

Emperor5353 likes this.
  21. Some of the Kiss reissues at hmv in halifax are down to $22.

celticbob likes this.
  22. johnny q

johnny q Forum Resident

Got my Ace Frehley today and will spin it shortly when the wife and kid go shopping. Did anyone get the Gene Simmons yet and can comment on how it compares to a US original?

23. Vinyl Fan 1973

Vinyl Fan 1973 "They're like soup, they're like....nothing bad"

Same thing here, so I figure why not wait till they go down, and then I'll grab them.

24. Mij Retrac

Mij Retrac Forum Resident

I got my Ace, Gene and Paul today but I am in the midst of moving so it may be a while until I can listen to them. I looked at the Ace and it looked nice and clean and had the original inner sleeve with the 4 solo album shots on it and the poster had the cut outs to match up to the other posters.

4stringking73 and Vinyl Fan 1973 like this.
  25. wkcchampion

Vinyl Fan 1973 and 4stringking73 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.