Tonight's episode of THE GOOD WIFE on CBS. BEST hour of commercial TV this year!

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Steve Hoffman, Dec 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jpelg

jpelg Forum Resident

I've taken to recording up to two additional hours after the show was scheduled to end in order to capture it all on the DVR. Beats waiting a week for it to become available on-demand, but a major PITA though.

On a positive note, Madam Secretary was better than I expected.

2. HGN2001

HGN2001 Mystery picture member

I don't think CBS will move it. As I postulated earlier in the thread, the show remains one of CBS' prestige shows, routinely getting nominated for Emmy and other awards, and remains a water-cooler-discussion show.

CBS knows that the NFL is the big ratings getter. As such they're not about to pressure the league into finishing its games earlier - in fact, they enjoy great ratings bumps when the games DO run over. Meanwhile CBS has to fill Sunday evening with *something*, so why not a virtually protected show that doesn't need to be a ratings powerhouse. The two actually make a perfect fit.

The surrounding shows, the 8 PM show and the 10 PM show are less "protected." Right now, they've got the new MADAM SECRETARY in at 8 and the old CSI at 10. CSI is probably there because it's in its waning days, MADAM SECRETARY is viewed as a companion show to THE GOOD WIFE and may garner similar accolades if it proves to be a good show.

Harry

3. ky658

ky658 Senior Member

It should be on CBS.com today. I DVR'd it last night as well, but put another hour to record it due to the never-ending CBS Sports over-runs...

4. ky658

ky658 Senior Member

Yup, CSI is now in the dreaded 10PM Sunday night "we'll be cancelled by the end of the season" time slot...

5. shokhead

shokhead Head shok and you still don't what it is. HA!

Noticed Graham Phillips isn't listed in the credits.

6. Rufus McDufus

Rufus McDufus Forum Resident

Everyone seemed a bit too orange! Except Alan Cumming who just seem to have too much slap and eyeliner on. It was quite distracting.

7. modrevolve

modrevolve Forum Resident

man on man..I felt so drained after watching that episode

8. shokhead

A great start.

9. Rufus McDufus

Rufus McDufus Forum Resident

It was a great episode. I'd watched all of Orange Is The New Black in the days prior to this so I'm starting to dream I'm in prison.

10. progrocker71

progrocker71 Forum Resident

Still the best drama on Broadcast TV by a very wide margin.

bopdd and modrevolve like this.
  11. colinu

colinu I'm not lazy, I'm energy saving!

If Carey's finger had been chopped off, I would have thought that his character would be exiting by the end of the season. It would be difficult to make it look like he was missing a finger on an on-going basis.

Steve Hoffman likes this.
  12. roboss38

roboss38 Forum Resident

Great episode. Starting the new season out right.

13. boyjohn

boyjohn Senior Member

Just hopped in here to say that I just watched the first half of season 5 (last season) after having it sitting on my dvr all this time, and the whole thing has just been riveting. Great intersecting story arcs, and all the guest stars have been just perfect. Easily the best season (IMO) of what has always been a great show.

progrocker71 likes this.
  14. shokhead

I think it's the only show I watch the can't get to the next one fast enough. What the hell is happening next to who. Love it. Smart writing is so much fun to watch.

15. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

They've played with the characters over time, but it's still well written and fun. Hard to tell what the overriding arc will be this season? Firm vs firm (again)?

16. colinu

Archie Panjabi is exiting t

17. shokhead

QUOTE="colinu, post: 11240566, member: 4078"]
    Archie Panjabi is exiting t
    [/QUOTE]
    Yep

18. RoyalScam

RoyalScam Luckless Pedestrian

I will miss that character.

19. marcb

marcb Senior Member

I assume I'm in the minority, but I'm finding the whole "running for state's attorney" plot line uninteresting. I don't know why exactly, but I do. I guess maybe the contradictions and dilemmas are just too clichéd and it just feels way too forced to me.

Rufus McDufus likes this.
  20. modrevolve

modrevolve Forum Resident

They are bringing back all of Kalinda's gal pals this year :love:

21. Steve Hoffman

Steve Hoffman Your host Your Host Thread Starter

No, not me. The writers have made her into a muff goddess in the past two seasons.

22. Steve Hoffman

Steve Hoffman Your host Your Host Thread Starter

Funny, it's the only thing that I find interesting in the show this season. But I loved THE WEST WING so there ya go. Politics is interesting to me.

23. shokhead

I will give it a chance to work

24. Thomas D

Thomas D Forum Resident

Alicia has a personality totally contrary to that of a politician, so I will find it very interesting to see all the problems along the way and how it all works out.

Some good news is that Elsbeth was back. The bad news is they made her into a total loon ... much moreso than she had been.

25. colinu

What was that about? It seemed like Alicia knew how to mess her up. Possible future plot/subplot?

Poor Zach Grenier - he has no one to work with.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.