Pink Floyd - "The Endless River" -- New Release October 2014 (Part Two)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Mark, Jul 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tristero

Tristero In possession of the future tense

No, it didn't feel wrong because I had a sense of the serious disagreements between Waters and Gilmour and accepted the fact that they didn't want to work together anymore at that point. The Division Bell wasn't planned as the final Pink Floyd album, though it was beginning to look like it would be by default. So now we're getting what has clearly being billed as their last studio effort and the other core, surviving member apparently was not asked to be involved. Believe me, I appreciate the fact that there's a deep rift between Waters and Gilmour--and in many ways, Roger brought this on himself--but I think it would have been gracious and appropriate for David to invite some kind of contribution, like some lyrics. I can't pretend to understand all of the complicated dynamics between these people, but as a longtime fan, just a little bit of involvement from Roger would have been a great way for them to come full circle at the end of their extraordinary musical journey together, just as the final concert with the four of them helped to heal some old wounds.

Billy Infinity, VinylRob and rontoon like this.
  2. rstamberg

rstamberg Senior Member

I'm looking forward to this upcoming new, final Pink Floyd album JUST AS IT IS.

3. Tristero

Tristero In possession of the future tense

I tend to agree at this point and given that Roger wasn't involved in the original sessions, there was no easy way for him to fit into the project on a musical level. This is why getting some lyrics from Roger would have been the ideal approach. I know that that this is pie in the sky talk--Who knows? Maybe Roger wouldn't have been willing under the circumstances--but it would have been a nice gesture all the same.

Hawkeye likes this.
  4. rontoon

rontoon Animaniac

Well accept the fact that they STILL don't want to work with each other and just leave it at that. Not that I don't appreciate the sentimentality of your wishes.

Haven't seen a photo of the NYC billboard but here's a pic from Milan.
    [​IMG]

5. fumi

fumi Forum Resident

I'm still shuddering at that cover. All it needs is a biblical quote from Psalms in the right hand corner.

Maybe I'll awake in the morning and realize it was all a bad dream

Pancat likes this.
  6. Oliver

Oliver Bourbon Infused

It just doesn't make sense. The recording/ideas were done during a time when Roger was not in the band and pretty outspoken about what the others were doing (I know it was probably more aimed at AMLOR, but still). Let's tack on Roger because it's a final Floyd release, while it would be neat-would seem totally manufactured and seen as a money grab by some. Plus just imagine all the interviews Roger would have to do-"Yeah this stuff from a period that I hated sounds...umm...great... yeah that's the ticket..."

The fact that we got Live 8, saw Rick play on David's tour (and seemingly having a blast)as a swan song, and got to see Dave soloing on Roger wall, that's good enough for me.

7. Jerry Horne

Jerry Horne WYWH (1975-2025)

Lord help me but I'm starting to like the cover.

:hide:

8. Smiths22

Smiths22 Well-Known Member

9. Jupiter

Jupiter Forum Resident

Pink Floyd - The Endless Cheques.

10. revolution_vanderbilt

revolution_vanderbilt Forum Resident

I think I'd like the cover better if it had the text like those posters/promos.

Rooster_Ties likes this.
  11. Jack

Jack Senior Member

Some really good prices now up at bullmoose.com

Clanceman and rstamberg like this.
  12. Oliver

Oliver Bourbon Infused

I'll admit me too!

Jerry Horne likes this.
  13. vertigone

vertigone Forum Resident

I don't like it either but the original title/artwork was even worse!

[​IMG]

14. tkl7

tkl7 Agent Provocateur

I don't think the cover is that bad. Some people freaked out when they saw the AHM cover.

tedhead, Rooster_Ties and Jerry Horne like this.
  15. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

Yeah, but they're all either dead now, or can't remember.

I kid. :laugh:

NunoBento likes this.
  16. rontoon

rontoon Animaniac

Amazon has the Blu-ray deluxe edition for $8 cheaper than Bull moose.

17. rbp

rbp Forum Resident

No points for the cover.

Smiths22 likes this.
  18. rontoon

rontoon Animaniac

You still here Myke? I thought you had enough of this thread?
    Kinda reminds me of the old Richard Pryor bit where he tells his girlfriend off, storms out of the house slamming the door behind him, and then realizes that he left his keys inside and has to go back. :D

Glad you're stickin' around. :righton:

Myke likes this.
  19. Myke

I unsubscribed. No more red alerts every 10 seconds. If I'm online, and onsite, then I can choose to look in, or not.

20. Myke

:biglaugh:

21. xXFloydianXx

xXFloydianXx One Slip, and down the hole we fall

Actually would have preferred the recent 5.1 DVD Division Bell cover to be the cover for TER instead of this, but ah well.

[​IMG]

22. cungar

cungar Forum Resident

This was cover art a fan created when the title was announced.

[​IMG]

23. formu_la

formu_la I'm not a robot

Ordering BluRay today. I am glad they offer vinyl and BR separately. And I am OK with the artwork. Also happy they offer 5.1 version from the start and not 5 years from now.
    Hope the music and the sound are good.
    Bring it on!

24. rontoon

rontoon Animaniac

LOL. Yup, I did the same thing. Email inbox was getting flooded.

Not a big fan of the rowing in space artwork for the cheap-ass DVD they produced.

25. SpinningInfinity

SpinningInfinity Forum Resident

Here's the wide screen version of the cover from the site. I took a screenshot of it....photobucket does a number on images in terms of color and dpi etc....but anyway....this is pretty nice with the aspect ratio like this...they have a little lenticular like animation with the image also on the site....the man is rowing a bit and has about 7 different frames of poses.

[​IMG]

Carserguev and rontoon like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.