Attention Record Store Owners - Price tags - really???

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by adamdube, Sep 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. adamdube

adamdube Forum Resident Thread Starter

Do you have to use the stickiest price tag ever and adhere it to the cover itself! I really don't want them on my cover and even when I heat them up with a blow dryer they almost always peel off some portion of the cover. Especially UK covers....tears the shine right off!!! Please try something else!

2. shinedaddy

shinedaddy Forum Resident

10000000% agree. so sick of all of that

3. Diskhound

Diskhound Forum Resident

Lighter fluid is your friend.

5-String likes this.
  4. adamdube

never tried that....will check it out sometime....thanks!

5. deadcoldfish

deadcoldfish Senior Member

You know why they use that type don't you ? Price changers ... believe me it happens even with the super sticky ones.

6. DaleH

DaleH Forum Resident

The best stores I used to frequent had pretty good segmented removable stickers. Matt covers were always a problem though.

The "biggest used record store on earth" in St. Pete FL has terrible stickers.

7. adamdube

Maybe to a degree, but I have been in several stores who use non stick labels and write the artists and title on it, no way anyone can change a price. I think it's just a cheap lazy way out for most.....one store I go to still uses a grocery store style price gun.....c'mon man! Another, albeit primarily an antique store, writes the price in pencil on the back.....erasing it rubs out some finish every time, and you still get the script dents. They have close to 3000 records in there and charge a premium, C'mon man!​

8. johnt23

johnt23 Forum Resident

I just saw a big honking 1x3 inch price tag on a (would be) pristine cover of UK Floyd Obscured By Clouds. It has the rough, textured cover. That gorgeous cover that had no other signs of wear is now irreparably ruined. Man, it's like a chef at a five star restaurant pouring motor oil all over a meal.

9. zongo

zongo Forum Resident

I hate the things too. There are a few record stores that write price and title on a sticky on a plastic bag they put the album in - that is the way to do it!

Agent of Fortune likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.