Smashing Pumpkins - Adore Reissue

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by PageLesPaul, Sep 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. melo85

melo85 Forum Resident

I want double vinyl!!!:goodie:

As for CDs, DVDs, I would be quite happy with rips from them.

2. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

looks like the vinyl is delayed.

3. marblesmike

marblesmike Forum Resident

Like everything else these days. Hopefully it's for qc reasons.

4. Adam Bosman

Adam Bosman Forum Resident

This time of year all vinyl gets pushed back. In fact, since most music releases are now in June and November lot of things seem to get bottlenecked.

The panic of RSD/Black Friday will start setting in soon too, so artists that aren't on the ball have little chance of getting vinyl on the shelves at the street date.

5. PageLesPaul

PageLesPaul To be a rock and not to roll... Thread Starter

You can watch the 98 Fox Theater concert for a limited time on YouTube.

JeffMo, theshape and rburly like this.
  6. eelkiller

eelkiller One of the great unwashed

Is Import CD's the cheapest for the deluxe version, around $65 at the moment?

7. LonesomeDayBlues

LonesomeDayBlues Forum Resident

I think it is. Any experience with them?

8. Turntable

Turntable Senior Member

It has one additional song - 17

9. marblesmike

marblesmike Forum Resident

Is it stereo or mono?

10. Adam Bosman

The vinyl has been pushed back to October. My guess is the re-issue vinyls will be Stereo

11. eelkiller

eelkiller One of the great unwashed

Yep, lots. Tend to be slower but I don't complain if the price is lower. In this case they have everyone I can order from beat so..... :)

12. Orthogonian Blues

Orthogonian Blues A man with a fork in a world full of soup.

I thought the excuse was that super compressed music cuts through better on the ****ty earbuds and laptop speakers that most folks listen to music through these days.

13. LonesomeDayBlues

Given the tax (to CA) and handling fees, bullmoose.com was cheaper. First time with them but am impressed already. I ordered yesterday and I received an email that it was shipping today. I have never gotten an early release from Amazon using free shipping. In fact, they normally ship a few days after the release day.

14. Luke W

Luke W Forum Resident

I've never quite understood this. I mean, you are completely right, but in this day and age with iTunes and Amazon MP3, said owners of laptops and sh*tty earbuds will inevitably be downloading their music not buying it. People rip their music, sure, but considering it wasn't even legal to do so until very recently I find it strange that record labels in this day and age still equate people who buy CDs to people owning ****ty speaks and an iPod. I buy music on CD and then rip it to a lossless format and, yes, play it on my Macbook with a decent set of speakers plugged in. I do not want more crappy mastering by Howie that makes me jump across the room for the volume knob as soon as Pisces Iscariot ends and the second disc of bonus material starts. Seriously, that reissue was such an incompetent job that I can't understand Howie now being given the keys and handling Adore itself. Please someone tell me he is just doing the bonus material, pretty please. All the other reissues have sounded great, or at least the main albums did. Why balls it up now?!

15. Adam Bosman

The real question is how bad has Howie F'd up this set, and to what extent? I hate to be a dick, but the situation on the ground is bad. I've got this pre-ordered and hope I don't regret it. Too bad about PI...it's such a good set.

I will report back as soon as I have one in my hands.

Luke W likes this.
  16. DreadPikathulhu

DreadPikathulhu Senior Member

Is there a delay on this? It was supposed to come out tomorrow, but according to Amazon it's been pushed back to October 7th.

17. tlake6659

tlake6659 Senior Member

Mine was shipped from Bullmoose on Friday.

18. DreadPikathulhu

DreadPikathulhu Senior Member

Amazon currently claims I'll get it Thursday, but it also states "Release date: Tuesday, October 7, 2014" on my order status page.

19. Adam Bosman

I know the vinyl got pushed back to October. I know there are physical copies MADE of the CD/DVD as there's pictures of them online, however, ebay still has no real pics. Mine is pre-ordered at a local shop and they haven't called me yet. Means either everyone gets them tomorrow, or they made to few and are on backorder....

Edit: CD / DVD still listed as tomorrow 9/23 (http://www.amazon.com/Adore-Super-D...r=8-1&keywords=smashing+pumpkins+adore+deluxe)

Vinyl is October 7

20. cdollaz

cdollaz Forum Resident

Mine shipped yesterday and is supposed to be here tomorrow.

21. LonesomeDayBlues

I read that both the vinyl and deluxe CD/DVD set will delayed for the rest of the world but north America gets it tomorrow.

22. melo85

melo85 Forum Resident

What about the album sides? Is it the same nonsense as on the original, where record 1 is stuffed to the max, and record 2 has one side blank? IMO, if the album requires 2 LPs anyway, then might as well use the side 4 there.

23. LonesomeDayBlues

Although flipping a record after 2 songs gets kinda annoying, just saying.

24. Kill Uncle Meat

Kill Uncle Meat Forum Resident

I agree. I really liked the Aeroplane Flies High reissue, it sounds great, even though I prefer the original mastering which was pretty dynamic and well done by Howie Weinberg in 1996.

I have problems with the reissue's 6th disc (Live Inside the Dark Globe), the sound turns loud and harsh and absolutelly sterile. On the other hand, the live stuff on disc 4 and the rehearsal material on disc 3 sound superb.

What I find quite curious is that disc 6 is the only one mastered by Howie Weinberg (the one that sounds bad, imo), the other 5 were done by Bob Ludwig and Adam Ayan.

[​IMG]

So I would not expect Adore's reissue to be very good sounding, considering how compressed was the original CD, this could get quite nasty. We'll see.

25. Turntable

Turntable Senior Member

I am sure they will spread the additional song and the original songs over the 2lp's and not leave side 4 blank - at least they bloody well better do

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.