Under The Dome (tv series)

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by agentalbert, Jun 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PNeski@aol.com

[email protected] Forum Resident

the final insult was that stupid car commercial in the middle of lasts weeks episode ,CBS sets a new low

2. F_C_FRANKLIN

F_C_FRANKLIN Forum Resident

Then he goes outside, and realizes he's stuck "Under a Dome", and show goes on 5 more years ;)

Shawn likes this.
  3. RockWizard

RockWizard Forum Resident

I enjoy the show, but FIVE seasons? Isn't that stretching things a bit? BTW....by *enjoy* I'm saying I watch to see how ridiculous the scripts can be. The only ones I seem to tolerate are Barbie and the redhead, along with the two kids. The rest........meh....... Big Jim is one of the biggest slime-balls going.

4. I'll come out and say I have positively enjoyed this season of Under The Dome. You simply have to sit back and have fun with its inanities. For summer TV fodder, I don't mind wasting an hour catching it.

5. DreadPikathulhu

DreadPikathulhu Senior Member

That's it?! It's over?!?!

6. Deesky

Deesky Forum Resident

I don't understand this point of view. What has the season got to do with what one is willing to be subjected to? Do our brains turn to mush in summer? Personally, I would never watch a bad show no matter what season it is. If there's nothing at all worth watching, I'd rather re-watch an old series or movie to fill the void.

Vidiot likes this.
  7. nosticker

nosticker Forum Guy

I think the actor who plays Junior might be the single least talented actor working today. I don't want to spoil anything, but the guy would have serious issues out-acting a Walker. By that, I don't mean one of the people who play the zombies from The Walking Dead, I mean an actual Walker, were one to exist.

Jack Bender has directed a bunch of these episodes. Why have they slipped into "Tales From The Crypt" camp on his watch? He is no lightweight. He has directed episodes of Alias, The Sopranos, and Lost(including "The Constant"). I am genuinely puzzled.

Came up with a great drinking game. Seems like no one involved with the show is tired of lines with qualifiers like "....or else we die", "we're all going to die", or some form of "die". Knock one back every time someone blurts one of those deathly cliches. Before you know it, you will no longer feel the pain of this show.

Dan

8. R. Totale

R. Totale The Voice of Reason

Hilarious ending (I assume, I can't imagine they're going to get another season). "Grab a stretcher!" In the middle of the woods. And one magically appears, I guess from the glove compartment of the Prius™.

LEONPROFF and jriems like this.
  9. rjp

rjp Senior Member

the prius that can maneuver through the woods!

jriems likes this.
  10. Scott222C

Scott222C Loner, Rebel & Family Man

Best ...... thread ...... EVER !!

Let's hope it gets another season, so this thread can continue .....

guidedbyvoices likes this.
  11. rockclassics

rockclassics Senior Member

It must have the optional off road package.

I'd like to see them cram that stretcher with someone on it in the back of that car.

12. rjp

rjp Senior Member

along with 3 other people if i'm not mistaken

13. PNeski@aol.com

[email protected] Forum Resident

I can't think of a show that went down hill as fast as this show did

Vidiot likes this.
  14. bababooey

bababooey Forum Resident

I can't think of another show this bad getting a thread lasting 37 pages

LEONPROFF, RDriftwood and Vidiot like this.
  15. RDriftwood

RDriftwood Vintage Member

I hope the writers and producers who work on this show are reading this thread.

misterdecibel likes this.
  16. DreadPikathulhu

DreadPikathulhu Senior Member

[​IMG]

And so another season of CBS's summer smash Under the Dome has come to a close, and a great Dome of confusion has been lifted off the universe. We can now return to our lives, confident in the fact that logic and common sense will guide us through our Dome-less natural existence. Enjoy your Dome-less fall season and let's all pray thatUnder the Dome gets renewed... or not!

http://www.tv.com/shows/under-the-d...de-13-go-now-review-141108821773/?fullstory=1

RDriftwood and F_C_FRANKLIN like this.
  17. misterdecibel

misterdecibel Bulbous Also Tapered

The final episode did not dissappoint, they somehow managed to maintain the crescendo of stupidity through a whole season, each new episode more stupid than the last.

18. RDriftwood

RDriftwood Vintage Member

The ultra BAD artwork is too funny!

19. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

I have rarely seen a TV series descend through deeper and deeper depths of stupidity with each week's new episode. I'm also astonished that the cast could get through these scripts without bursting out laughing at the lame dialogue.

20. progrocker71

progrocker71 Forum Resident

Under The DUMB

21. D Schnozzman

D Schnozzman Forum Resident

I'm puzzling over where all the school buses had been all this time, and why they were still full of diesel (considering they had a fuel shortage in one of their crisis-of-the-week episodes a while back [forgetting, of course, about Big Jim's massive stash of propane]). Moreover, why did they need the buses, when it appears every character seemed to be able to walk from one scene to another within minutes? Not sure why I got so fixated on the buses in a show so full to the brim of stupidity and poor logic.
    From watching American television, a foreigner would think that school buses in the US have not been upgraded since the 1950s.

RIP science lady. We hardly knew ye.
    Also, RIP the hopeless pig farmer dude. I must admit I LOL'd when he got struck by lightning.

22. Slowhead

Slowhead Forum Resident

This show by far is the lowest I have sunk following a series.
    It's like I lost all respect for myself.

23. misterdecibel

misterdecibel Bulbous Also Tapered

I think that would be an accurate assessment.

24. rjp

rjp Senior Member

and, should this inane piece of slop somehow get renewed....................big jim might not be dead..........yet!

25. rockclassics

rockclassics Senior Member

Only a few more posts on this thread to 1,000 posts and then a part 2 for the thread. Let's see if we can do it before the show gets renewed.....or not. :winkgrin:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.