Kate Bush Live Shows 2014 *Spoiler* Thread

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by theMess, Aug 26, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chris DeVoe

Chris DeVoe RIP Vickie Mapes Williams (aka Equipoise)

Right! All they could do was try to match ticket holders with those wanting tickets - and anyone could do that themselves via one of the web forums, Facebook groups or standing in front of the theater. I passed one tout on my way into the theater, and told him "You've got the hardest job in London!" to which he replied "Hardest job in the WORLD, mate!"

Good!

APH likes this.
  2. marblesmike

marblesmike Forum Resident

I made arrangement with someone to get my ticket for the show on the 27th and we both provided travel details to show each other we aren't touts. So he's happy his extra ticket is going to me, a true fan.

3. drbryant

drbryant Senior Member

I'm really looking forward to the show on Saturday. Row U near the center.

PH416156, Chris DeVoe and marblesmike like this.
  4. sunspot42

sunspot42 Forum Resident

For the past decade or two Annie has certainly been higher profile than Kate. Neither of them were especially "musically relevant" (whatever the hell that means) in January of this year...

Still, judging from the views both Ms. Lennox and Ms. Allen had of Kate's concert, I think it's blindingly obvious Kate hasn't been "reserving" the "best" seats for celebs. Looks like they all had to take their chances in the ticket lottery with the proles (or, have their assistants take their chances).

Imagine that!

theMess, ConnieGuitar and Chris DeVoe like this.
  5. Mr Wensleydale

Mr Wensleydale Forum Resident

I was in Row T Seat 45 and Annie Lennox was four rows in front about 3 seats in from the very right-hand side.

She seemed to spend a lot of time chatting with fans and having Selfies taken.

Dr.O'Boogie likes this.
  6. Chris DeVoe

I'm so glad you're getting in! We bought good tickets, but were able to trade those for amazing tickets from a friend who had three people flake out on him. Our original tickets went to two other friends, Armando Gallo and Guido Harari, who otherwise wouldn't have gotten in at all. And, as far as I can tell, getting Guido into the show resulted in the his book and (possibly) the show at Snap Gallery. We knew Armando from his Genesis days - he's a concert photographer and photojournalist, and I think this may have been the first concert he's ever paid to get into!

theMess, Ere and marblesmike like this.
  7. Chris DeVoe

Hopefully NOT during the show!

8. bob60

bob60 Forum Resident

G
    god, I hope I end up sitting next to a sleb tomorrow night.

TSmithPage likes this.
  9. DeeThomaz

DeeThomaz Senior Member

To risk sounding like a cranky old man (which I'm not, not yet anyways), there was a time that being on the Rhino label was a point of honor.

APH likes this.
  10. Chris DeVoe

Remembering that there are actually such things as "record labels" qualifies one as a cranky old man these days.

DeeThomaz likes this.
  11. Chris DeVoe

More likely you'll find yourself sitting next to a slob, like me!

12. bob60

bob60 Forum Resident

Lol, actually I meant to say that I hope I don't end up sitting next to a sleb

13. bob60

bob60 Forum Resident

Jeez I must be really behind the times, I thought that Rhino was a superior high end label.

DeeThomaz likes this.
  14. JustVinyl

JustVinyl Forum Resident

Just got back from my trip back home to England to see the show on 19.09.2014 ... one word ... WOW!

theMess, Dr.O'Boogie and sunspot42 like this.
  15. sunspot42

sunspot42 Forum Resident

She's very sweet and pretty approachable, from what I've been told. Which is brave on her part, as she has some seriously crazy fans (as do most celebs, unfortunately - it ain't no bed of roses). She got spooked right off of stage in Boston by one crazy on her last tour...

We don't think about it, but every time a "sleb" hops up on stage they really are putting their lives at risk. I'm actually surprised we haven't seen more Lennon-like incidents, given the pathetic state of mental health care in the United States.

I gotta wonder if that's one of the reasons why Kate didn't resume touring post-1980...

16. Mr Wensleydale

Mr Wensleydale Forum Resident

Indeed not! Felt a bit sorry for her really, but I guess that's the price of fame.

Dr.O'Boogie and sunspot42 like this.
  17. Els opinions

Els opinions Forum Resident

NO THANKS PAL!

The cameras I saw on the 16th were nowhere near or on the stage. This would suggest that unless they did close ups on the next night there will be no DVD/ BLU Ray of the show

Oh and BTW Kate sang with far better authority on this as opposed to the first night. Her vocals were astonishing, but conversely the sound was FAR better on the first night, although my seat position was different I actually was more central the second time. Weird!

18. Els opinions

So was Sir Paul there on the 16th?

19. Rhino is good enough for led Zeppelin and the Doors and the Smiths and .....

20. marblesmike

marblesmike Forum Resident

Then why would they bother filming it at all? Certainly they're planning a video release of the show.

Chris DeVoe likes this.
  21. ginchopolis

ginchopolis Forum Resident

Rhino = WB Catalog.

22. rikki nadir

rikki nadir Gentleman Thug

I was able to get in after waiting in line for return tickets on five evenings - I got in on the fifth. I decided to target only the midweek shows and avoid the weekend. Twice I was the last person in line not to get a ticket, although there were up to twenty people behind me. Some of you might imagine what it felt like going home on those occasions knowing the show was going on and I was not there.

But I was given immense encouragement by a close friend who constantly reminded me that if I persevered, I would get in to one of the shows. Also, the second time I was unable to get in, the woman ahead of me bought a ticket from latecomers who missed the first three songs - no WAY was I going to miss Kate's entrance and the performance of 'Lily', one of my favourite songs.

Like all those in line, when the time comes to approach the box office after up to three hours waiting, the moment is quite surreal. The guy said I could have a seat in the middle of row H, which I thought was amazing, and even more so when I realised the front rows had been removed to enlarge the stage and I was in the fourth row! Also, I got my ticket at 17:30, so I had time to go for refreshment rather than rush to my seat.

It was also the one musical event where I knew more people than any other - there were around ten people I had come to know from the line that night and other nights, all ecstatic to have the chance to see Kate. Several people had travelled from North America and Eastern Europe without a ticket, just hoping for a chance, and the woman behind me had journeyed from Wales and still had her suitcase with her, checking into her hotel once she managed to score a ticket.

I met several people who had seen the 1979 shows, several Londoners had seen her three times, and one fellow had made the canny decision to go to Paris, where the venue was only half full. I was able to join in, as my previous Kate show was at the New Theatre in Oxford on 6th April 1979.

Not surprisingly, the two shows were quite different in terms of both presentation and material.

scribbs, Dr.O'Boogie, Ere and 3 others like this.
  23. Els opinions

I truly didn't know but as I have been involved in multiple camera video shoots I can tell you that unless they did close up another night this ain't for a long form video

24. Chris DeVoe

They definitely are shooting a video. They did two days with the audience with the far cameras, then another two days without an audience, getting closeups.

My wife suggested that Terry Gilliam might be directing. He is a genuis at fantasy films, and they are friends - he's seated at her table in this video of her receiving the South Bank Award:

Terry is visible roughly four minutes in, seated next to Kate's son Bertie.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2014
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.