Finally! Iron Maiden BLACK VINYL reissues coming in September...

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by jmpatrick, Aug 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spirit Crusher

Spirit Crusher Forum Resident

If your goal is to sell it, it might hurt it's selling price, might not. Some buyers might not care. If you don't mention it, the buyer may be none the wiser. Me, though, I hate club pressings and avoid them; I'm one of those persnickety Ebay buyers. It might not be all that bad, but in my experience, club pressings are inferior to the real deal. Case by case, though; some worse than others.

Anyway, I have to say that the publicity for these hardly mentions the sound...as usual, the only thing Maiden, inc. cares about is object fetishism. I can't imagine much effort was put into mastering/cutting these.

rob303 and 500Homeruns like this.
  2. krlpuretone

krlpuretone Forum Resident

I preordered them, the solicitation one sheet said 5000 of each on the 7"s...

3. xcqn

xcqn Audiophile

5000 ? :o

Probably 5000 for U.K and 5000 For US. Thats not many at all. I took the easy way out. Ordered everything from a swedish store. I Put 3 different orders so if they suck bad i can cancel the other 2 and return the first package. It wasn't cheap at all :mad:

4. celticbob

celticbob Forum Resident

Cancelled the Amazon CA order and kept the UK.
    No word on the next lot of singles?

5. izombie73

izombie73 Forum Resident

That's why I just used amazon US to order them all. Less hassle and all 19 are pre-ordered in one step. With it being a limited one off run didn't want to take any chances on missing out.

6. izombie73

izombie73 Forum Resident

7. Musiko

Musiko Forum Resident

8. xcqn

xcqn Audiophile

Very interesting indeed, so 5000 for the singles and 2500 for the boxes? Thats really limited. I thought mayby 10.000 being maiden and all.

9. erniebert

erniebert Shoe-string audiophile

I bought two of them: s/t and Destroyer. Both crap. Smiley-faced digital crap. $60 wasted.

funknik and RelayerNJ like this.
  10. izombie73

izombie73 Forum Resident

11. izombie73

izombie73 Forum Resident

Does anyone happen to know the numbers off the picture disc? Like how many where pressed? Maybe that's how they came up with this number?

12. xcqn

xcqn Audiophile

Think the boxes were more limited on the PD run, never even seen one for sale. Some of the actual PDs are still for sale making those not so limited after all. Or mayby the issue is they were not selling that well. Actual numbers i don't know.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2014
  13. Opeth

Opeth Forum Resident

Wow why is this so hard lol, so I should cancel my amazon uk order because they are gonna import US versions? If that's the case I will just get them from amazon US.... whatrecords wants like $100 shipped for the first 3 with box, that's around $30 more than both amazons...

POGunter likes this.
  14. deniall

deniall Well-Known Member

I just cancelled my Amazon UK order and bought the box and all albums from What Records. Hopefully all goes well.

kwf likes this.
  15. rob303

rob303 Forum Resident

I'm wondering if the box is only being manufactured in the US while the individual LPs have separate EU and US pressings..? Just a theory.

Btw - who the hell is mastering these?

16. celticbob

celticbob Forum Resident

May do the same depending on shipping to Canada. Amazon UK is good with the VAT and reasonable shipping.

17. asodoma

asodoma Senior Member

Are the original matrix numbers in the deadwax still there and scratched out with an R263257 added in or does the deadwax just have an R263257 number? Sometimes the record club stuff is just the regular pressing with the numbers changed and sometimes a new thing...

18. xcqn

xcqn Audiophile

i see on amazon.com you can actually order both the U.K box and the US box. They have different ASIN:

U.K: B00MIEXBCA / Parlophone
    US: B00NOCK4ZC / Sanctuary

Thats why i beleive there's actually two different pressings of these.

rob303 likes this.
  19. bodicus

bodicus Forum Resident

B00MIEXBCA - this is the product ref # for my amazon.co.uk pre-order.

20. xcqn

xcqn Audiophile

thats why i beleive the box on U.K amazon is not an import, they messed up.

rob303 likes this.
  21. bodicus

bodicus Forum Resident

For anyone worried about getting a US version just check the product number on their pre-order.

22. Mij Retrac

Mij Retrac Forum Resident

Does anyone know who is pressing the UK version? If it's Gzvinyl I don't think they are any better than URP.

23. wkcchampion

wkcchampion Well-Known Member

Thanks for bumping, I asked too. Fingers crossed... no Gz... no Gz.....

musicjunky likes this.
  24. agentalbert

agentalbert Senior Member

I think you're right and I'm keeping my Amazon UK order open.

25. bodicus

bodicus Forum Resident

I`d take my chances with Gz over anywhere in the UK for pressing quality. Record Industry in Holland is the underused and unsung hero for quality imo. Easily as good as if not better than Pallas and the like.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.