Price Tracker: Beatles Mono Vinyl box set

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by ptijerm, Jun 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. semka

semka Forum Resident

Popmarket bundle is back in stock as of right now...

2. superstar19

superstar19 Authentic By Nature

Looks like the deal is back up on Popmarket for the first 4

3. JBryan

JBryan Forum Resident

Its up again and available (but for how long?). I was almost ready to confirm order but realized that I already have 2 boxes - what was I thinking?!

4. rediffusion

rediffusion Forum Resident

Why do you need 2 boxes?

I'm still holding out for a sub $250 price for the box

AlienRendel and Mr. H like this.
  5. JBryan

JBryan Forum Resident

Simple... I have 2 turntables! :winkgrin:

Actually, I had no intention of picking up 2 boxes but I took advantage of the Blowitouttahere deal on July 4th (that was <$250) but got nervous when folks here were doubting BIOH's ability to deliver so I jumped at a deal through Deep Discount a few weeks later. Interesting aside... both boxes shipped from the same facility and were processed through the same UPS location within moments of each other. With this evidence, I'd have to conclude that BIOH and DeepDiscount are one in the same.

rediffusion likes this.
  6. lightbulb

lightbulb Not the Brightest of the Bunch

Interesting, otherwise that would be a very strange coincidence.

What was the estimated number of box sets sold in the US, according to WSJ? Was it 2.300 or something?
    So, if everyone here on the forum bought TWO box sets, then maybe the total sales will balloon to about 4,000.
    That's 10% !

7. jim249

jim249 Forum Resident

The only sub $300.00 price I can find is on Amazon.com. That is for a returned "used" set.

Got my box today from BAM!. I am sure glad the shipping box is robust. It took a beating from the USPS but the contents are perfect.

8. The Beave

The Beave My Wife Is My Life! And don’t I forget it!

You WILL get it. Just hold on for a bit!
    the beave

9. The Beave

The Beave My Wife Is My Life! And don’t I forget it!

True. This, for Universal, is a bust-especially if they did indeed press up 40000 boxes. Good Lord
    they must have took out insurance on the 'loses' to recoup some of the money. Remember, they too, have
    to write off 'losses' on their taxes, and what better way to do it than this?
    $99 deals coming down the road???? I wouldn't doubt it.
    the beave

lightbulb likes this.
  10. jim249

jim249 Forum Resident

I doubt it. Universal has deep pockets. This will likely be the last vinyl pressings of Beatle albums. Even if it takes five years to clear stock, they will wait it out.

11. DigMyGroove

DigMyGroove Forum Resident

That's a great price, just like buying individual LPs at $21 per platter and getting the book and box free. I'm still 3 weeks away from listening to my set which I got for $265 including tax & shipping from BIOH. I've been working out of town for months, next to reuniting with my family it's at the top of my "To Do" list!

12. rediffusion

rediffusion Forum Resident

Yeah, just biding my time ;)

AlienRendel likes this.
  13. berlinerpunk

berlinerpunk Record Collector

Mine arrived from BAM today with no visible damage to the sturdy shipping carton (thanks USPS!)... The WA is on the turntable now (it's #9017038). Record 1 is flat and it sounds great!

One thing about unboxing the set that made me nervous is that there was no shrinkwrap on the box set, just the flimsy paper slipcase. I don't recall anyone mentioning the lack of shrinkwrap within the 37 pages of this thread. Should I be nervous?

14. The only shrink-wrapped items in the box are the book and the mono masters set.

15. berlinerpunk

berlinerpunk Record Collector

Whew!!! Just finished Revolver and now on to Rubber Soul. This set sounds amazing!

16. semka

semka Forum Resident

It only means that they use the same distributor. Many online stores don't really have any physical inventory, they basically transmit your order to the distributor/warehouse.

jim249 and MekkaGodzilla like this.
  17. JBryan

JBryan Forum Resident

Good point! I would think that DeepDiscount maintains their own inventory so BIOH either operates as a subdivision of DD or perhaps DD got a bit nervous that they may have over committed to the Mono box and sold a portion to BIOH.

18. semka

semka Forum Resident

They might, but with such diversified products offering they are bound to have different suppliers and distributors. Even Amazon sometimes does direct shipping from their suppliers (besides marketplace vendors, of course).

19. harmonica98

harmonica98 Senior Member

For European folk, Amazon Germany has the box for 275 Euros - I got on board at that price.

20. SammyJoe

SammyJoe Up The Irons!

That's really nice price, so go ahead and pick it up if you haven't already got it.
    Its great package and sounds awesome!

21. Inertiatic-Wrist

Inertiatic-Wrist Forum Resident

PopMarket Mono Deal #2 sold out in less than 5 minutes...I got the email, clicked the link, logged in...and sold out already...why have a deal if you have so little that you sold out in 5 minutes?

Seems like a joke to me...

And it's back in stock for now...

Last edited: Oct 3, 2014
  22. econalan

econalan Forum Resident

Yep, just worked for me w/ the 15% off code

23. semka

semka Forum Resident

It's still available. It seems, their system is a mess.

I am wondering, if they gonna have two more bundles or just one as they have three more albums left, two of which are multi-LP.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2014
  24. Inertiatic-Wrist

Inertiatic-Wrist Forum Resident

I could see it going either way, with doing all 3 for a higher price, or splitting up w/ Magical Mystery and White Album together and Mono Masters as its own separate deal. Either way, this is a great way to get all these albums for lower than buying the whole box at once.

25. econalan

econalan Forum Resident

Yep, that's my thinking, especially since not that interested in the case or book.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.