Jimmy Page To Form New Band

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by wdp33, Sep 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gklainer

gklainer Forum Resident

No 30 ! :laugh:

2. The Firm Birds (with respect to Frank Sinatra)

revolution_vanderbilt likes this.
  3. ArpMoog

ArpMoog Forum Resident

Jack Bruce on bass and vocals. Carmine Appice on Drums.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  4. rockledge

rockledge Forum Resident

I'd like to see him put something together with JP Jones and Chris Robinson.

I really don't expect whatever he does to make a big stir. Unless it is something of the magnitude of Zeplin chances are it will do like the rest of his post Zeplin stuff.
    On the other hand I think the guy still has it in him to do some amazing stuff. I think his history holds him back too much.

5. jwoverho

jwoverho Licensed Drug Dealer

It's always been a mystery to me why an artist like Page has done so little in the last 30 years.

Larry C. McGinnis III likes this.
  6. Rfreeman

Rfreeman Senior Member

Lisrened to the new Plant today and was thinking this has my fav aspects of Zep and that I dont anticipate a new collaboration with Page and Jones would appeal to me as much as this does.

7. Malina

Malina Forum Resident

But he rearranges the songs so they're more boring, and by that I mean he reinvents them and gives them new meaning for a new era, or something.

Vinnie Appice blows Carmine out of the water if Page wanted a Bonhamesque drummer. That would be great.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2014
    Fullbug likes this.
  8. ArpMoog

ArpMoog Forum Resident

I happen to prefer Carmine but its all good. I saw the Vanilla Fudge reunion and they were insane good.

9. serge

serge Forum Resident

Haven't seen the set lists from this tour but the last tour hew as playing like 7 Zep tunes..

Plant is a fraud... he talks so much about moving on from Zeppelin but he plays a lot of Zep tunes.... so what if he rearranges them??? They are still Zep tunes.. he just won't play them with Page is all...

BUT of course Plant is the one who has moved on - the guy plaing Zep songs (didn't he even SAMPLE a Zep song in the 80s on one of his songs?!) while Page is the bad guy who refuses to move on ...

give me a break

10. ArpMoog

ArpMoog Forum Resident

I wonder if he didn't play any Zep at all how many seats he would fill. I am willing to bet a good portion the the audience in there to hear those seven songs.

Shak Cohen likes this.
  11. SpinningInfinity

SpinningInfinity Forum Resident

I'd love to see Page just do a musical album...no pressure of touring....just write some tunes and record them....might be more comfortable for him and he could control the entire process...have some fun playing, arranging, and producing again.

just a dream from my eyes...but it seems the most "do-able"

12. serge

serge Forum Resident

absolutely.. .the show last time in the area (wolftrap) was advertised as including zeppelin songs... we discussed all this a year or two back... but some felt the venue had taken it upon themselves to advertise the show that way... i have no doubt plant gave it the go ahead.. those things are always described in great detail when the contracts are signed...

percy is a fraud.. he needs to move on and play his snoozer slow songs and see how he does... he'd be in small theaters mighty quickly though...

Carserguev likes this.
  13. Malina

Malina Forum Resident

You don't see the difference between Plant playing Zep songs on a solo tour and the RETURN OF LED ZEPPELIN? I can understand that he doesn't want to deal with that. I didn't realize his set is half Zep songs though, but I don't think that makes him a fraud.

14. serge

serge Forum Resident

If he's moved on why does he sample Zep in his songs or play Zep songs or play shows advertised as shows where he will play Zep songs or give interviews every week talking about how he has moved on from.........you guessed it... .Zeppelin... he doesn't have to answer the questions about Zep but he always does and they are always the headline and what the story is about.. and he knows that going in.. that is why he gets the press and the big headlines..... His comments about Page lately have been ridiculous..he should just shut the **** up about Page...we get it Plant "You moved on!!!!!!! But others didn't....but you're an artist!"

15. serge

serge Forum Resident

Anyways, I hope if Page feels like it he does something... and if he doesn't that is fine too..he doesn't have to... gave me plenty already! Wish he'd stop being a cock tease about it though!

Fullbug likes this.
  16. vamborules

vamborules Forum Resident

Plant has released five albums in the time since Walking into Clarksdale. Page has done nothing but Zeppelin projects.

Fullbug and Dudley Morris like this.
  17. ArpMoog

ArpMoog Forum Resident

I was front row for that Walking tour and it was absolutely brilliant. When they did No Quarter I thought i was gonna die I was so happy.

serge likes this.
  18. Driver 8

Driver 8 Senior Member

He was in the greatest band of all time with the greatest drummer of all time, who is now dead. He nearly killed himself during the insanity that his music enabled. No wonder he hasn't done anything since. What could measure up? What's left to do?

19. HotelYorba101

HotelYorba101 Senior Member

We will see. He has a habit of talking the talk but instead of walking the walk he goes back to re-releases of Zeppelin stuff and not much else

20. Matheusms

Matheusms Forum Resident

Did something happened between Plant and Page in the years after the reunion? It seems to me that they're being very harsh and aggressive with each other via the press lately. Is it a British rock star thing or something happened?

21. Zep Fan

Zep Fan Sounds Better with Headphones on

That was my first thought:

He's ready... Paging David Coverdale ????
    [​IMG]

And, we know this Guy wants to come on board!!!!
    [​IMG]

Fullbug likes this.
  22. SpinningInfinity

SpinningInfinity Forum Resident

I'd prefer Taylor funny enough.

:)

23. Scott S.

Scott S. lead singer for the best indie band on earth

I really hope this does happen. Page is one of the greatest artists who ever lived. Plant complimented him well but wasn't 1/5th as important.

24. Baba Oh Really

Baba Oh Really Certified "Forum Favorite"

No, no you got that wrong: it's "The New New Yardbirds"! :p

25. Baba Oh Really

Baba Oh Really Certified "Forum Favorite"

I actually kind of wish Page would have just stayed teamed up with Coverdale. Or at least continued back again in 1999 where they left off in 1993.

Spaghettiows and Shak Cohen like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.