Rory Gallagher "Irish Tour '74" 8 disc Box Set Price Watch

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by The Beave, Sep 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Beave

The Beave My Wife Is My Life! And don’t I forget it! Thread Starter

2. mestreech

mestreech Forum Resident

And Amazon.DE is the best in a strong and secure package.

3. mesfen

mesfen Senior Member

$38.94 usd amazon.de

4. slipkid

slipkid Senior Member

Damn, guess I missed that. I'm seeing 32.99 Euros ($41.63) right now, and that is without shipping costs. I already have $42.65 with shipping locked in with Amazon UK so I'm not complaining though.

5. Beholdentonoone

Beholdentonoone Forum Resident

Slipkid did you go all the way to the final checkout page? I get 30.72 Euros…remember for shipments to the USA they remove VAT as Amazon UK does.

Bestellungsübersicht
    Artikel:EUR 27,72
    Verpackung & Versand:EUR 3,00
    Gesamtbetrag:EUR 30,72

slipkid likes this.
  6. slipkid

slipkid Senior Member

No, I forgot about that! I know UK adds VAT but forgot it is also in Germany. Am checking it out again now.....

7. slipkid

slipkid Senior Member

Thanks again.

This is weird though. I am getting what you show above, and if doing a currency conversion with XECONVERTER it gives about $38.90.

However Amazon DE is showing a USA charge of $40?

Artikel: EUR 27,72
    Verpackung & Versand: EUR 3,00
    (Gesamtbetrag: EUR 30,72)
    Rechnungssumme:
    USD 40.38

No biggie, only $2 diff but still....weird....and this is only a $2 savings off the UK site anywho. I am going to switch though, since I hate the UK shipment packaging. Germany seems to pack things better. Although once one of their packages did disappear here at the NYC customs depot thing on this end (Amazon DE did send me out another order but still it was a hassle).

Thanks again.

8. Beholdentonoone

Beholdentonoone Forum Resident

If you are using the Amazon internal converter this may be the answer…quoting from the Amazon.UK thread…

"I find Amazon UK's GBP to Dollar conversion rate is usually about 4% higher than the actual exchange rate. Amazon is basically adding a fee of 4% if you want to pay in Dollars instead of GBP."

I'd say the same thing may be happening but in Euros as opposed to GDP.

9. SammyJoe

SammyJoe Up The Irons!

It's already been mentioned here that better not to use Amazon's converter at all, as better price is always in that particular Amazon's own currency.

eelkiller likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.