EBay- Seller's address

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by Romerovm, Oct 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Romerovm

Romerovm Forum Resident Thread Starter

Hi folks,

Unfortunately I have a case going with a seller in Portugal. Record arrived broken. Packaging was awful, and of course this happened. I requested a refund, and he demanded that I return the item. Again, record is broken. He still wants to back. I requested his address to send it back, but he provided a different one from the package. I am trying to find the address registered with ebay, but I have been unable to. I am afraid that if I send it to the address he provided I will not be protected since it doesn't match the one with ebay. Does anyone know the steps to pull it? Since I have this transaction (and case now) going, I should be able to.

Thanks in advance,

2. R. Totale

R. Totale The Voice of Reason

I'd suggest you call Paypal or eBay, whichever you opened the dispute with, and follow their instructions. I wouldn't ship it anywhere until they specifically told me to (and put it in writing in the case record).

3. Romerovm

I have called ebay three times. It has been a nightmare. I can barely understand them, and they have been giving me conflicting information. When I requested a manager today they placed me on hold for 45 minutes. I was just holding to see how long they would keep me on hold before disconnecting. I will call PayPal today to see if I have better luck. After all, I paid with PayPal.

4. R. Totale

I've never had anyone I couldn't understand on the phone in either, maybe I'm just lucky. You say you opened a case presumably with eBay, did you request a refund there? Did the seller request you return the item there in the case files, and if so did you ask for the address there? You're going to win anyway under the new eBay Buyer Is Always Right policy, but you should still keep all communications strictly in the messaging system they provide in the Resolution Center.

5. Romerovm

I did open a case with ebay and requested a refund, but ebay requested I return the record. I think that was the seller's response. I asked for the address, and he provided me with a different one from the package. I asked him why the address was different, and he got all offended saying that he provided that address to make sure he gets the package. I think that is sneaky. I assume that if I ship to a non-registered address my protection goes out the window correct?

By the way, I have not been able to find the address on ebay yet. Do you know the steps?

6. R. Totale

I don't, but I still would have someone from eBay or Paypal tell you in writing the proper address to send it to before I sent it anywhere. With current developments in flux over there I wouldn't do anything on my own. They were about to force sellers to pay for return postage for any not as described item, so I would probably just say in the online messaging that you will return the item as soon as you receive a prepaid shipping label, and sit and wait.

7. Romerovm

Well I called PayPal. Day and night in customer service. They credited my account with $20 to send it back to Portugal, and will call me back with the address after they call ebay. I can't wait to return this item, get my money back, and to leave the negative feedback the seller deserves.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.