eBay FA: Up for auction - Sony STR-DB940 5.1 Channel surround receiver, DVP-5735J DVD and MDS-JB

Discussion in 'Third Party Sales & Auctions' started by imarcq, Oct 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. imarcq

imarcq Men are from Mars, I'm from Bromley... Thread Starter

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/171498063650

Again, this is my friends auction. He is selling a few items on eBay to make space. AUSTRALIAN buyers...for local collection.

Up for auction is my Sony STR-DB940 5.1 Channel surround receiver, DVP-5735J DVD and MDS-JB940 Mini disc player. I purchased these new and they still look brand new with virtually no marks on them to be seen.

No speakers, speaker cables or RCA's are included. Just the three components.

All item have been dry stored for the last five years so have all had very limited use.

- The receiver puts out 110Watts x 5 and works perfectly. Sounds great with movies and also has an analogue direct setting for great 2 channel stereo.
    - The DVD Player drawer opens after closing so has a problem that needs to be addressed.
    - The Mini disc player has developed a strange noise when switching on and does not power up. Again, needs to be looked at.

All items were almost the top of the range in there day and come with all receipts, unmarked remote controls and manuals as shown in the images.

Selling all together as it would be a shame to separate such a great looking system. Grab a bargain as the two faulty units will surely fetch less money due to them needing a service but once done, you'll have a far better system than the cheap quality you get brand new these days.

Just noticed some great reviews of the receiver on the net - but I always knew it was good just by how good it sounds and works:

http://www.audioreview.com/cat/amplification/a-v-receivers/sony/str-db940/prd_124504_2718crx.aspx

http://www.hometheaterforum.com/topic/7988-sony-db930-vs-db940/
    Why am I selling it? Simply due to limited space to keep it so I'm having a little clear out. I'm also selling a great pair of vintage B&W DM4 Series 2's, Rare Large Advent vintage speakers and a cool old school Pioneer hi-fi so keep checking for my other items.

Please make contact within 48 hours or they will be re-listed and a non payment strike to your name.

Payment via paypal or direct debit accepted as well as COD (preferred) upon pick-up. Please note due to the weight and size, these are pick up only and within 7 days of auction end.

Due to the items being used and electronics, there are no returns on this item. Please do not bid if you don't agree with these terms.

Happy bidding and good luck!

On 17-Oct-14 at 19:30:30 AEDST, seller added the following information:

PLEASE NOTE, THE NOISE IN THE MINI DISC WAS A DISC THAT WAS LEFT IN THE UNIT AND IT WON'T EJECT THE DISC. IT NOW POWERS UP AND PLAYS 100% PERFECT BUT I BELIEVE THE LITTLE BELT THAT EJECTS THE DISC MAY NEED REPLACING AS THEY GET SLACK WITH AGE.

AS FOR THE DVD/CD PLAYER, STILL DON'T KNOW WHAT THE ISSUE IS.

THANKS AND HAPPY BIDDING.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.