Who came up with the idea for that kid in the 4th season of The Partridge Family?

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Hutch, Oct 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jamesmaya

jamesmaya Senior Member

The Clampetts never did the Hawaii thing but they did spend a few episodes in London.

2. Scotsman

Scotsman Forum Resident

In the UK there was a similar reaction to the younger Bonnie Langford.

3. music4life

music4life Senior Member

"I Love Lucy" was the exception though. Even "All in the Family" started to get a little too "warm and fuzzy" after Mike and Gloria had Joey. Another exception would be Ross and Rachel on "Friends" since after the birth, the baby was hardly ever seen.

4. misko

misko Forum Resident

All TV shows that stay a season or two past their prime add a kid for the "cute factor" in hopes fighting off the ratings plunge. In re: All in The Family, they added the little girl who played an orphan in Broadway's Annie opposite Andrea McCardle to live with the Bunker's in addition to the Joey story line. I always thought that David Cassidy and Danny Bonaduce had good comedic chemistry.

5. O Don Piano

O Don Piano Senior Member

As a kid I couldn't STAND the Ricky Seagall scenes. Especially the reaction shots from the other cast members. Obnoxious!
    I still change the channel when he squeaks if I happen to be watching the Partridge Family.
    Cousin Oliver happened around the same time, right? Early 1974?

ibekeen likes this.
  6. PhilBorder

PhilBorder Senior Member

IIRC, at one point Jethro explained to Jed the he had 'done thrown down the gauntlet'.

jamesmaya likes this.
  7. tonyc

tonyc Forum Resident

One of my favorites that you know very well: going to Las Vegas and getting shot and hiding in desert as nuclear test bomb goes off only to survive when show is picked up for Season 2 to only die after Season 2 when in Central America after assistant crashes plane after getting called "dummy" too much.

8. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

Oh, they've done that old cliche 7,080 times.

tonyc likes this.
  9. I've said it before, I'll say it again. Any show that featured teen-age Cindy Brady in a bathing suit was fine by me. (Note -I was the same age as Susan Olsen). But yeah, everything but the swimming scenes sucked.

10. The Spaceman

The Spaceman Forum Resident

That's not a "jump the shark" moment. That's show progression.

11. jamesmaya

jamesmaya Senior Member

:laughup:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.