importcds has a 10% off coupon now till 11/26/13

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by Bill Mac, Nov 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Doug Sclar

Doug Sclar Forum Legend

Thanks Bill.

Yeah, At least I saved a fair amount from standard Amazon pricing, so it's all good. I guess I could have saved more but life goes on. Next time I'll check their site before pulling the trigger from the Amazon Marketplace.

OTOH, I've used some HDT coupons more than once so it all evens out in the end.

2. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

Shopping online is damn near an art form. I taught myself starting back in 2007, and things change at least weekly.

I need to remember for example, Import CDs has to show " in stock."

Just this morning I remembered that to get around ridiculous shipping charges with Music Direct, it's best to call them on the phone.

It's our money, and we got to be so damn careful spending it ! :sweating:

Bill Mac likes this.
  3. Electric

Electric The Medium is the Massage

Not necessarily. Since you don't pay until something ships you have nothing to lose but ordering whatever you want. They will ship what they have and backorder the rest. If any part of the backorder comes in within 30 days they will ship it. After that they will cancel. Make sure you choose to be notified when these come back in. When that happens call ImportCDs and they just might ship them to you and waive the base fee. This is my experience.

4. Bill Mac

Bill Mac Forum Resident Thread Starter

If you use Paypal do you get charged when the order is placed? I don't recall as I'm in the habit of not ordering items when it says "Ships In 5-10 Days". Doing the email when in stock notification is a great way to know if specific titles are in stock. This option has worked real well for me in the past although my wallet might disagree ;).

Bill

5. Electric

Yes. Better to use a credit card.

6. AztecChimera

AztecChimera Forum Resident

Otherwise known as "months with Mondays in them." :tiphat:

JimC and ribors like this.
  7. AztecChimera

AztecChimera Forum Resident

Yup, my "to do list" for tomorrow includes "stack importCD SACD sale".

8. Myke

10 days. From placing the order to receiving. But ! I did save over 20 bucks.

9. vinylbuff

vinylbuff Forum Resident

I ordered at the last minute and spent $149.34 They shipped 5 of the 7 items today. I looked at my bank account online, and instead of charging me 109.41 for what they shipped, they charged me the $149.34 + an additional $39.93 for the back order. They whacked me for an extra $79.86
    That's the first time they ever did that.

10. Electric

Whoa! Something's wrong somewhere. I better check my credit card, too. You didn't use PayPal, did you?

11. masterbucket

masterbucket Senior Member

Just call 949-225-1170 and speak to the young lady in irvine.
    Very nice folks and will take care of it for you.

12. vinylbuff

vinylbuff Forum Resident

No, I used my Mastercard which is debit and credit. I sent them an email right after I saw it, and realized that instead of a credit for the backorder, someone accidentally did another debit. It happens, I'm not concerned.

13. Doug Sclar

Doug Sclar Forum Legend

Dad, burn it, I did it again. I bought 3 more SACD titles from them via the Amazon Marketplace and didn't get any discount.

14. Electric

Next sale should be coming up soon. I'm ready. Hope some current low prices stay where they are.

15. Bill Mac

Bill Mac Forum Resident Thread Starter

I've emailed importcds several times recently asking about future 10% off sales. The response was that there are no current 10% off sale offers but there could be in the future. I hope there are as I have a good size order ready to go just waiting for a 10% off sale :).

Bill

16. Myke

How about 25% off at a sister company ? : http://forums.stevehoffman.tv/threads/collectors-choice-25-off-sale.386068/

17. Electric

They will never tell you in advance. Traditionally, its twice a year. Next one should be around mid-November. On the one hand it's something to look forward to, but on the other it's a measly 10%.

I had a look over there and compared prices to what's in my cart at ImportCds. They were all way, way more. In the end, the 25% at CC wasn't as good for me as the 10% at ImportCDs.

18. mesfen

mesfen Senior Member

Maybe so.What little you do save with a 10% is easily lost to s&h charges. If they do a sale, well they were too late for the party. I completely blew my budget and/or w@d at ccmusic.

19. masterbucket

masterbucket Senior Member

I agree.
    CC prices were way higher than blowitoutahere and Import cds I guess to compensate for higher discount.
    I saved more at 15 percent off on blowitoutahere than CC.(about $80)

20. Electric

Another 10% sale just announced through noon PST Dec. 8, 2014

21. George P

George P Notable Member

1. Can the SAVE10 thing work on pre-orders?

2. If I combine a pre-order with an already in stock item, how does importcds handle the order?

Thanks! :wave:

22. Electric

1. Yes

2. You can order what ever you can add to your cart. Sometimes they wait to ship until the pre-order comes in. Sometimes they ship what they have in-stock then ship the pre-orders individually as they are released.

23. George P

George P Notable Member

Thanks!

So do they ship the stuff they have already or do they wait until everything is in stock and then ship your whole order?

24. Electric

I edited above, to answer your question.

25. Myke

Since it takes 10 days to 2 weeks to receive George, will it really make a difference ? :laugh:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.