Used CD stores in Dallas Area

Discussion in 'Music, Movie and Hardware Store Guide' started by pmckeeaalaska, Mar 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

I think Phoenix is MUCH more pleasant weather-wise than Dallas, as the TX humidity is the killer.

A few years back, I visited AZ in July, so it was 100+ every day. I didn't mind - it wasn't until I had an overnight layover in Dallas that I felt oppressive heat.

I stepped out of DFW around 10PM and felt like I walked into a smothering cloud of humidity. I was way less comfortable in Dallas than I was in Phoenix...

2. houston

houston Forum Resident

good point, I had not factored in humidity, which is truly important... the hottest days here are not the worst, because the extra heat reduces the humidity to a tolerable level. I guess I'm just dwelling on our current temps...bright sunshine, 95-97, and humidity that puts a smile on a mosquito's face :)

3. LordThanos1969

LordThanos1969 Forum Resident

Eh, you ought to have been here this weekend when everyday has been over 115. I would take the humidity this time. Phoenix is better until you get over 110, then all bets are off.

4. LordThanos1969

LordThanos1969 Forum Resident

I just read on Facebook that CD Source is closing soon. The store was a bit of a mess, but it will be missed.

5. n.phelge

n.phelge Forum Resident

The mess is/was part of the fun - stumbling across a stack of Beatles and Stones MFSL titles, West German Polydors, b**ts, Targets, and anything else you could imagine. I will definitely miss this place.

6. RedRaider99

RedRaider99 Forum Resident

Wow, I've been really busy with work the last couple months and had just heard the sad news about CD Source. So unfortunate, what a great store that was. I assumed that since they had gotten into vinyl and had a fairly good new and used selection over the last sever years that they would be successful.

At least there are a couple new ones just opening --

Spinster in Oak Cliff:
    http://blogs.dallasobserver.com/dc9/2014/07/spinster_records_david_grover_oak_cliff_interview.php

Josey Records @ LBJ & Josey Ln:
    http://blogs.dallasobserver.com/dc9/2014/09/josey_records_coming_soon_preview.php

7. n.phelge

n.phelge Forum Resident

Went to the Josey Records opening today. Spent about 5 hours and $135 on used vinyl. Nice vinyl stock today - hope they can keep it up. Hardly any CDs. I've never seen so many bored wives/girlfriends in one place - it was like a bizarro Hobby Lobby.

Claxton and RedRaider99 like this.
  8. RedRaider99

RedRaider99 Forum Resident

Ha, yes the only place I can get away with dragging my wife to is Half Price since she can wander off and look at books. I don't know how I'm going to find the time to properly flip through the stock at Josey!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.