Price Tracker: Beatles Mono Vinyl box set

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by ptijerm, Jun 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dudley07726

dudley07726 Forum Resident

Even though I already cancelled my order for the vinyl box set, I received an email this morning from CC Music saying they are cancelling my order because they are out of stock on the box set.

Naughty Chord likes this.
  2. dustybooks

dustybooks rabbit advocate

Wonder if I'll be getting a similar email soon. (I eventually called them back after they clarified what information they needed from me.) So far it still says I have a box allocated. Rats. I am really tired of waiting for this thing; I ordered it from my local shop and it spent a month in limbo before I finally cancelled it. Tempted to just bite the bullet and order from Amazon once I figure out if the CCM thing isn't happening, but I have had innumerable bad experiences with the conditions of my Amazon purchases, and they are charging close to list for it. Meanwhile I hate not being told (by CCM) definitively whether something is going to ship or not. Is it that hard?

Edit: Just noticed my account's been credited -- guess that's that. Still no actual word yet.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2014
  3. The Beave

The Beave My Wife Is My Life! And don’t I forget it!

Ah, it's just everything around us breaking down. It SHOULD'NT be that hard, or hard at all. I hope it works out for you.
    Damned Humans.
    the beave

dustybooks likes this.
  4. lightbulb

lightbulb Not the Brightest of the Bunch

F Y I - Just for fun, I tried to replicate your order...but the grand total is $111.64. :oops:
    (It includes a $8.27 Sales Tax charge for CA residents.)

Oh well... :mudscrying::cussing::mudscrying:

5. dudley07726

I broke down and ordered the box with 25% coupon from CC Music. $243 delivered. This, after ordering it and cancelling it a few days ago. Also placed an order for a Project Carbon debut Dc turntable (as I have not had a turntable for more than a decade).
    Time to pull out my vinyl which are stored in boxes in the closets. This was an expensive (I think) foray back into to vinyl for me. If you would have asked me 2 weeks ago if i would be doing this, I would have said you're nuts.

6. See if they'll cancel your order because the set is out of stock again...

7. dudley07726

They told me it was in stock before I ordered it. We shall see.
    If they cancel it, I won't order it again. I will take it as a sign that I'm not suppose to have it. The turntable order will be cancelled as well.

8. John76

John76 Forum Resident

By the time you pay the sales tax and shipping your better off buying from a vendor that doesn't charge either. If you wait for one of the alternate vendor's holiday discounts, you're even better off.

How do mixed orders with backordered items work as far as the shipping charge get handled?

9. dudley07726

Being a NJ resident, I was not charged tax for the Mono Box Set

10. vinylbuff

vinylbuff Forum Resident

When I did the $8.95 shipping, I received either 2 or 3 packages and it stayed the same.($8.95)

11. dudley07726

Well, my box should have shipped yesterday and 3 reps confirmed that it was going out last night. i have not received an email confirming the shipment nor does the site show it shipped either. Not happy about this.It's supposed to ship with 24 hours of the order. The order was placed on the 15th at 10:50 am. Will call them this morning and force them to ship express for free.

12. dudley07726

It finally shipped yesterday via UPS.Funny, they told me it was shipping USPS. I think their Cust Serv is quite poor. Should be here Tues or Wed. Same day my turntable arrives. Anyway, we shall see. Hopefully there is nothing wrong with the discs and I don't have to contact them again.

13. dustybooks

If my order is any indication, yours will arrive in immaculate condition.

They also charged less for S&H than they initially claimed to -- the initial, later redacted charge on my card was $248; final was $233. But yes, they seem very confused over there in general.

14. dudley07726

Thanks for letting me know . Hopefully mine will be in the shape as yours.

15. Please take this with a huge grain of salt, but when I was at The Fest For Beatle Fans in Los Angeles the other week, someone who's opinion I trust mentioned that production on the mono vinyl box sets has stopped (the box set only, no mention of the individual LPs). I have no way of verifying this one way or the other, so maybe someone who works in music retail can chime in? Needless to say this was that extra push I needed to order a set.

16. adm62

adm62 Senior Member

If they originally pressed 40K and sold only 2K (stateside) in the first week why would they bother to press more?

17. dustybooks

Amazon is currently out and expecting more on the 29th. I don't know if it's been reported here already (I read the thread but may have missed it) but their price has dropped to $355 (can't believe how lucky I was to score it for $233 at the CCM sale). Now that I've got mine, I'm just sitting back with the popcorn...

AlienRendel likes this.
  18. dudley07726

I should have had mine today from CCM but they shipped it with a signature required and UPS was unable to leave it at my door this morning. The UPS delivery sucks near me. Yesterday, they delivered a turntable at 5;30 pm (when my wife was home).Today, they attempt to deliver the Box Set at 11;15 am when no one is home. Taking off tomorrow to be home for the 2nd delivery attempt.

19. semka

semka Forum Resident

Call them and request "will call". They should have a half an hour window in the evening when you should be able to pick it up at UPS local station.

20. Izak

Izak Forum Resident

It shipped! I couldn't pass up the Collectors Choice Music deal, that's just too awesome to pass up. So after days of pouting I finally convinced the better half to let me order it, yay! I can hardly contain myself waiting for it, it appears to already be in northern Kentucky so I might have it tomorrow! Though it'll probably be Friday, stupid UPS, lol. Now to figure out if I've got any sick days left at work...

21. dudley07726

It's about 30 minutes away. I was going to go tonight. I was told by a UPS rep of that station that the driver should be back by 7:15 but can't guaranty it. I don't want to waste my time. Screw it, I will take off tomorrow. I have other things coming from UPS and USPS tomorrow. Ordered some upgrades to my turntable (new mat, platter), new cables, and the Spin Clean record cleaner. Hopefully they will arrive early like they did today and I may take a ride to the Princeton Record Exchange and see what's there.

22. LarryT

LarryT Forum Resident

23. yrascals

yrascals New Member

I got a pretty good deal for the beatles mono box from Books a million and the shipping package was in great shape with good packing.

24. Izak

Izak Forum Resident

Mine arrived from Collectors Choice yesterday, came in it's own shipping box just like the stereo box in 2012, the outer box was completely undamaged, along with all the contents thus far! Took three days from Illinois to Cincinnati.

25. rodger23

rodger23 New Member

Thanks for the info on the CCM deal, guys! I just ordered with the coupon. Very psyched to not have to deal with Amazon and to get it for a full $100 cheaper. Been waiting for a deal like this.

Maybe some even more insane deals will come along Christmas time, but I'm pretty happy to pull the trigger now. Thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.