McCartney Album "NEW" (2013), part22

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Ken_McAlinden, Oct 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bemagnus

Bemagnus Music is fun

Oh dear this is really promising. Could you in any way describe the song

2. Bemagnus

Bemagnus Music is fun

Oh dear this is really promising. Could you in any way des

3. Bemagnus

Bemagnus Music is fun

Oh dear this is really promising. Could you in any way describe the song

4. Bemagnus

Bemagnus Music is fun

Sorry about the duplications- dunno what happened there. Devils dance perhaps

5. Arnold Grove

Arnold Grove Senior Member

DEMONS!! Not devils!! Get your warlocks in the proper order!! There'll be "Hell To Pay" if we aren't accurate here. So run along now ("Run Devil Run").

;) Arnie

theMess, Claudio Dirani and Paul H like this.
  6. Bemagnus

Bemagnus Music is fun

It s really hell remembering all Maccas song- titles

7. Arnold Grove

[​IMG]

;) Arnie

theMess likes this.
  8. Paul H

Paul H The fool on the hill

Do we have any clarity yet as to whether the demons dance or the song refers to a demon's dance? Or maybe the demons' dance? I'll be annoyed if our Macca has done an REM on us. Fables of the Reconstruction is a most grammatically frustrating album.

Claudio Dirani likes this.
  9. Claudio Dirani

Claudio Dirani A Fly On Apple's Wall

Hard to...I'd describe HTP as a mix of Flaming Pie with a bit of Monkberry Moon Delight and something original. Really tough! Heard it only once.

theMess likes this.
  10. Sean Murdock

Sean Murdock Forum Intruder

Do you mean Lifes Rich Pageant? (note the missing apostrophe)

theMess and Rob Hughes like this.
  11. Sean Murdock

Here's how the new tracks were described by the Beatles Examiner, Steve Marinucci:

The Collector's Edition contains two album outtakes on disc 2 unveiled for the first time. “”Hell To Pay” is a hard-charging rocker that has the feel of another “NEW” song “I Can Bet.” The song was produced by Giles Martin and includes his touring band members Brian Ray, Rusty Anderson, Paul “Wix” Wickens and Abe Laboriel Jr. “Demons Dance,” also a nice rocker, was produced by Ethan Johns and features just McCartney. The rest of the second disc includes live versions of four “NEW” songs, “Save Us,” “Queenie Eye,” “NEW” and “Everybody Out There” recorded at the Tokyo Dome in 2013.

hazard, theMess, Tord and 1 other person like this.
  12. Paul H

And that as well! Actually I was thinking of Feeling Gravitys Pull and Cant Get There From Here from Fables. Clearly Stipe was going through and anti-apostrophe phase. Mad fool :)

13. Claudio Dirani

I wouldn't compare it to "I Can Bet" in style but maybe production-wise. Like I said, really tough to describe in comparison to another Paul McCartney song. It's really more piano-driven, which reminds us a bit of Flaming Pie with a few Monkberry screams...not saying it gets closer to it, but it has the feel.

theMess, Tord and Sean Murdock like this.
  14. Sean Murdock

Ah, yes -- I had forgotten that they were grammar rebels on the Fables album as well. It was very "cool" and "underground" at that time to disregard punctuation, capital letters, and basically anything that indicated you cared what you were doing! ;)

theMess likes this.
  15. Rob Hughes

Rob Hughes Forum Resident

The thing about Fables of the Reconstruction that got me was the title itself: was it Fables of the Reconstruction? or was it Reconstruction of the Fables?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hmmmm...

Back to McCartney, though: New is a pretty troublesome title in itself, as if it were designed to defeat google and normal conversational habits ("have you heard McCartney's new album?" "His New album?" "no, dude, his new album, the Destiny soundtrack").

theMess and Claudio Dirani like this.
  16. Arnold Grove

I thought it was Paul's sly referencing of the gnu:

[​IMG]

So what's gnu? Nothing, what gnu with you?

;) Arnie

theMess, Yorick and Claudio Dirani like this.
  17. jeatleboe

jeatleboe Forum Resident

Regarding the title "NEW"... when I first heard this nameI really disliked it, for many reasons. How generic...! ... And then the more I came to love and absorb this wonderful album, the more I "knew" that NEW referred to the overall vibe of the songs... that Paul is in a good place, fresh and new, and loving his new wife Nancy. Starting anew, feeling alive... Now it works for me.

theMess likes this.
  18. GubGub

GubGub Forum Resident

Apologies if this has already been mentioned but I was just checking my outstanding orders on Amazon UK and noticed that the New deuxe edition no longer shows a release date of any kind and just says,

"Sign up to be notified when this becomes available."

Should I be concerned? I have pre-ordered. Is it just that Amazon have sold out of their allocation so are no longer offering it to new buyers? I did notice that the cost on my order had dropped to just over £21.

19. Bemagnus

Bemagnus Music is fun

I don t particuly like the album-title New. Neither do I dislike it . It s just a title. It makes sense though since it s named after one of the albums songs . And a wonderful pop-song it is.

heatherly likes this.
  20. Rob Hughes

What's the Gnu Mary Jane?

theMess and mrjinks like this.
  21. PMC7027

PMC7027 Forum Hall Of Fame

Does anyone have a direct link to the Bullmoose listing? I can't find it.

Thanks.

22. Arnold Grove

Was this a joke related to the gnu?? Or just a coincidence??

Arnie

mrjinks likes this.
  23. Rob Hughes

It's on page one of this thread (toward the bottom, look for the big graphic), where I gave a recap of the New edition. Hover your cursor over the price given for Bullmoose.com.

24. Paul H

I mentioned it briefly upthread. My order has a shipping date but links to a product that has that sign up note too. I won't be concerned: assuming the thing is actually being released, I should be able to pick it up elsewhere if Amazon struggles.

25. Claudio Dirani

I don't think New is a new title at all. But to call New old is a bit odd :D

Edit: it rhymed!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.