Three Dog Night-Suitable For Framing Iconoclassic expanded release.

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by IconoclassicRecs, Oct 21, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IconoclassicRecs

IconoclassicRecs Senior Member Thread Starter

Hi all wanted to pass this information on to all our friends at the forums. We think that you will be really pleased with Vic Anesini's mastering job on this release. Universal provided us with a great source and Vic worked his usual magic. We were really pleased with how the first album turned out and we feel that this is a sonic leap forward from that production.

http://www.ccmusic.com/music/cd/4014206/three-dog-night-suitable-for-framing

http://www.importcds.com/music/4014206/three-dog-night-suitable-for-framing

2. Jerry c.

Jerry c. Forum Resident

thats great! loved the last one. whats next?

3. IconoclassicRecs

Thanks Jerry. In terms of TDN we are not at liberty... but you would be on the right track with chronoligical thinking! We are working on the Jefferson Airplane Bark currently and have finally cleared two Jeff Beck Group albums.

4. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

Fantastic news to wake up to !
    My favorite TDN album for 45 years now (I've bought the vinyl twice)...now it'll be an Anesini !
    Pre ordered from Import CDs (thanks for the link) $10.85
    Pulled out the S/T Iconoclassic, and listening again now
    Thanks very much

cakeordeath and Agent57 like this.
  5. Sam

Sam Senior Member

Any vinyl releases planned?

6. Chris C

Chris C Music was my first love and it will be my last!

In regards to new reissues, nothing makes me happier than hearing that Vic Anesini is working on old favorites of mine. Vic does great work and his mastering touches, almost always match exactly what I want in warmth and clarity.

Myke likes this.
  7. Chris C

Oh, I forgot to ask a question for member "IconoclassicRecs", but is there a reason why you didn't include the original mono single version of "Easy To Be Hard" on the new CD, as a bonus track, as I would have REALLY loved having that on CD?

8. Chris C

Speaking of Vic Anesini, here is a short clip of him working on Waylon Jennings "Good Hearted Woman" album ...

tootull and Myke like this.
  9. IconoclassicRecs

Yes there is a reason. The tape could not be found and we did not want to include a version that was a needle-drop. As fans we would have loved it also but it was not to be..

10. Chris C

That's too bad, as it is a great mono mix and I have an original white label Dunhill/ABC promo of it! Thanks for your continued great reissues and for allowing Vic to master them!

11. Myke

Y'all got me to pull out my original 45 of Easy To Be Hard now ! God, that bass is big and ballsy !

12. Myke

I have always appreciated how Vic and Kevin Gray both respond to my e mails quickly, and humbly. Anyone giving me hours of great entertainment, should always be thanked, and told how their efforts give so many of us so much pleasure.

DEAN OF ROCK likes this.
  13. Chris C

I hear 'ya, MYKE! That old 45 mix is the way that GOD and my memory wants it to sound! I did my own needle-drop of it, along with a bunch of other old promo Three Dog Night singles, that I own! Seeing that clip of Vic working on that Waylon Jennings album above, makes me wish that I could just take a stack of my favorite old 45's into his mastering suite and have him master each of them, for a personal CD-R!

14. Myke

Amen. I just counted 10 of them here. Geezers love Three Dog Night !! :laugh:

boboquisp likes this.
  15. Chris C

I dare ANYONE to find another group, outside of The Beatles, who released so many great songs and made them all entirely different from the next one, especially taking in the fact that almost all of their hit songs were covers and yet, they always found a way of making each one their very own!

Myke and O Don Piano like this.
  16. O Don Piano

O Don Piano Senior Member

I posted a similar quote in a recent TDN love-fest post!
    Richie Podolor expressed a vital ingredient in making those hits: every verse or chorus would introduce something new. Be it an organ note, a vocal harmony, a different snare accent, etc etc. A sense of momentum.

Anyhow, Suitable For Framing was one of my favorite albums in 1969-1971 era. Still holds up.

Mooserfan, Chris C and Myke like this.
  17. Myke

As an 11 year-old in 1969, I had no idea those were covers, and even my next-door neighbor / buddy, who was in high school, never said anything, so I didn't know until years later.
    Chicago radio loved 'em too.

Chris C likes this.
  18. Chris C

Three Dog Night was "visually" as exciting, as their music, as seen here ...

So hard for me to believe that Chuck actually lived in a closet, for a period years later, thanks to a terrible bout with drugs!

SonyTek, joelee and zphage like this.
  19. Chris C

Another video that is "Suitable For Framing" and perfectly timed to scare you for Halloween ...

20. dickens12@excite

dickens12@excite Forum Resident

Three Dog Night gets less respect than they should, only because most of their music wasn't original. The quality of their records in the early 70s is unsurpassed, and they could rock too.

sewerdog likes this.
  21. tootull

tootull I tried to catch my eye but I looked the other way

My favourite Three Dog Night album.

Great news, HOORAY!

Myke likes this.
  22. eelkiller

eelkiller One of the great unwashed

I bought all of the Japan discs, now it looks like I will be buying them again on Iconoclassic, at least I am hoping that is the case.

23. Dennis Metz

Dennis Metz Born In A Motor City south of Detroit

An automatic buy

Myke likes this.
  24. DEAN OF ROCK

DEAN OF ROCK Senior Member

Wish Vic would work on Waylon's "It's Only Rock & Roll" album.....

Good news about "Suitable"!

25. The Panda

The Panda Forum Mutant

well, 2015 will hopefully mean my favorite of theirs, It Ain't Easy, will be issued. The mono single of Out in the Country is no great shakes, maybe they could do both sides of the Mama Told Me single, so we get the mono mix of Rock and Roll widow.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.