Collector's Choice % Off sales*

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by dirtymac, Oct 11, 2014.

1. audiolab1

audiolab1 Forum Resident

Has anyone ordered a large quantity of LPs in the same order (10+)? How was the packaging? I'm planning to order around 14 LPs and wonder if it's better to pay the additional shipping to break it up into two orders.

Thanks!

2. wildcat1969

wildcat1969 Forum Resident

3 out of 4 titles in my order had badly bent corners. Basically all the double lp sets were in bad shape...the single lp was fine. They were shipped in a simple cardboard packet (no box) and I think the heavy double lp sets had to much room to move. Very quick shipping though...priority mail took 3 days.

They are sending me a return label and will replace the damaged items. I hope they pack better on the replacements.

3. Ron Jones

Ron Jones Happiness is a Warm Gun

I had the opposite. Mine were packaged very well. They had an outer sleeve packaging then two separate individual brace boxes, but maybe it was because it was a large order. Single lps and box sets were what I mainly had and the condition was fine on all, the only double lp set I got was EMP remixed by SW with a double lp but it was fine as well. I will report on future shipments in case I run into the same problem wildcat has. I should be getting another on monday.

4. maxwelledison1

maxwelledison1 Senior Member

I have received two orders since sale started. In the first order 3 Archive McCartney LPs came packaged in cardboard mailer and were perfect. In the second order 3 LPs were placed between a cut and rolled piece of cardboard and shipped inside a paper mailer. The cardboard, however, was cut too short and they taped it and the album plastic sleeves altogether which made it impossible to remove without tearing up the sleeves. Nick picky complaint but ridiculous jerry rig job.

5. There are some great deals found in this sale, including the new Eric Clapton SACD, Timepieces.

Peter Pyle likes this.
  6. Axis_67

Axis_67 Senior Member

The Sundazed Velvet Underground MGM/Verve Albums 5 LP box is $65.98 after discount. You will have to factor in the shipping, but it's still a pretty amazing deal. Dividing the shipping up with the other items I ordered it came to less than $69.00.

7. masterbucket

masterbucket Senior Member

:shake:A lot of these items are cheaper at blowitoutahere with current 15 percent discount code.
    Many preorder items were not available for purchase either.

8. Axis_67

Axis_67 Senior Member

I just rebuilt my order at BlowItOuttaHere with discount code HALLOWEEN. It was $146.19 vs. $132.33 at Collector's Choice with the OCT1425 discount code.

BlowItOuttaHere's Velvet's Box is $79.45 after discount, before shipping.

Try 'em both, but my money went to Collectors Choice.

9. masterbucket

masterbucket Senior Member

I did the same and CC was 283.37 and blowitoutahere was 203.79 and 4 items were not even available for ordering on CC.
    You know where my money went.

10. Axis_67

Axis_67 Senior Member

Your money goes where my money goes. Best deal, best service. :cheers:

11. This Heat

This Heat Forum Resident

My order would have been 11 dollars more at Blowitoutahere!

12. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

Ain't it fun playing checkers with pre orders ? From Thursday morning - Saturday morning, I cancelled, and reordered so much, I ended up saving over $48.00 off what I could've paid for the exact same items. That's the part that kills me.
    It's our money, if we don't keep an eye on it, who will ?

13. PearlJamNoCode

PearlJamNoCode Forum Resident

I can't believe some of these prices! Just got 10 items for about $171 shipped! What makes that such a great deal is that 5 of the 10 are 2 LP releases, one being color! Two of the 1 LP releases are MOV. Amazing discounts! Hope the packaging is good and the shipping is fast!

14. Beholdentonoone

Beholdentonoone Forum Resident

What MOV did you get?

Also, I ordered $400 worth of stuff almost all in stock over 7 days ago and ZERO update on the site w NO shipping notice either...:(

15. aoxomoxoa

aoxomoxoa I'm an ear sitting in the sky

I bit the bullet and placed one more order. 3 of the new Sinatra reissues plus the new Beach Boys Friends. $15 each including shipping. Not bad.

16. Beholdentonoone

Beholdentonoone Forum Resident

Sinatra MOFI's?

17. aoxomoxoa

aoxomoxoa I'm an ear sitting in the sky

No the new vinyl masterings. They are $20 a pop on Amazon.

18. PearlJamNoCode

I got two Social Distortion MOV releases

19. Ron Jones

got two packages in today and one was packaged perfectly the second was packaged very poorly with 8 records crammed together in a proper carboard box but no support or bubble wrap or brace in between. My arctic monkees came out with a severe bent corner and for some reason it is the most warped record I have ever received in my life. (Not their fault I know but just weird). I still would have made the orders because the rest of the records were fine, but just thought I would report to you guys because the first order I got I had no problems and told everybody everything was good. And in this one I did have one order of the two not packaged well. I don't understand why they would change order to order but maybe it has something to do with the amount of records per order shipped.

20. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

I personally am beginning to think I'm only going to buy albums from trusted individuals from now on. I've dodged a lot of bullets, and can't lose if I quit while I'm ahead. I really would rather go without than receive a damaged record.

21. PearlJamNoCode

To those of you who have ordered, how quickly do they ship? I placed an order yesterday morning, and am very impatient, and a little concerned just because some of these prices are almost too good to be true.

22. Ron Jones

Mine came in 2-3 days each time. pretty fast really

23. PearlJamNoCode

That's very encouraging. I'm thinking about cancelling my Kungfu preorder for the Wilco rarities box and getting it through ccmusic. Would save somewhere around $40.

24. Ron Jones

yeah the prices are amaziing!!! I'm broke now though

25. PearlJamNoCode

I need to find a way to block myself from viewing this website. I keep tinkering with my orders, adding a ton to my cart because the prices are so good, then removing things I really wouldn't listen to.

Two orders in two days, 21 items totaling $321.53

Averaging $15.31 per LP (including shipping!) isn't bad at all.

Luckily I recently sold a pair of boots on eBay for $150 and I got a $250 gift card from my employer for my 5 year anniversary, so that should cover this massive splurge.