Deep Purple new documentaries

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Daniel Falaschi, Oct 21, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Daniel Falaschi

Daniel Falaschi Live detective Thread Starter

Hi everyone. The Jakarta 1975 documentary has been promoted almost for 2 years now but there are still no news regarding this. The latest that I´ve heard is that the documentary was suposed to go into production during June 2014.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2014
  2. Daniel Falaschi

Also, the DP (O) has hinted new documentaries about the MK III period and yet another (yes, another after the 2014 Made in Japan superdeluxe edition) MIJ release with ALL the surviving footage. Anyone has more information about the content of these? I imagine for the MK III doc they will be using some of the alternate camera angles form California Jam and newly discovered backstage footage. No other new MK III video material appart from the complete Stormbringer promo has surfaced as far as I am aware.

3. dbz

dbz Bolinhead.

There is also supposed to be a complete MK4 concert, though it's unclear where this footage is from.

4. Daniel Falaschi

Are you refering to the full Tokyo 75 show? After much search, the original film can still not be located. DP (O) mentions 130! minutes of Indonesian concert footage available

5. dbz

dbz Bolinhead.

I don't know, nobody seems to know. (even in the Bolin community)

6. Daniel Falaschi

Apparently the long-promised MK III final concerts box set is being produced by Universal for an early 2015 release. It will include a new MK III documentary as well, hopefully they put out the 3 complete shows without any edits and mix them properly. And let´s also hope they don´t reuse the same old Cal Jam and Leeds Pol. footage yet again!

7. Daniel Falaschi

8. Daniel Falaschi

Fresh from the DPAS: "We are told the next documentary on the Mark 2 period is a work in progress....."
    WTF??? The didn`t even release the MK III and MKIV documentaries and now they tell us a new one on MKII is in the making???? hilarious...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.