Walking Dead on AMC (Part 4)

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Michael, Mar 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bender Rodriguez

Bender Rodriguez RIP Exene, best dog ever. 2005-2016

We still don't know what happened to Beth!

xdawg likes this.
  2. Ken_McAlinden

Ken_McAlinden MichiGort Staff

She was kidnapped and driven away in a car with a cross in the back that in no way raised any undue alarm on the part of Daryl when he later encountered a suspicious seeming preacher a few days walk from Terminus.

[See previous comment about flippancy. :laugh:]

Bender Rodriguez and xdawg like this.
  3. Lownote30

Lownote30 Bass Clef Addict

The preacher didn't have a car like that, though. He had a short bus and that was it. I wonder what Daryl will find when he and Carol catch up with that car! The previews of this season showed Beth was somewhere, and it wasn't a religious place from what I could make out.

4. Ken_McAlinden

Daryl had plenty of reason to be suspicious of the preacher before they walked all the way over to the church and found a bus behind it (and a car nearby). Also, Daryl was not privy to the previews for this season. ;)

Mazzy likes this.
  5. Lownote30

Lownote30 Bass Clef Addict

Rick was suspicious, so I'm sure Daryl is too. How could he not be?

6. Ken_McAlinden

I am just saying that Daryl should have suspected some connection between the two (even if it turns out that there is none), but did not express anything about it.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2014
  7. I predict that that Sgt. Carver (AKA Father Gabriel) admits to a big sin of ommision.

D'angelo Barksdale (AKA Bob)was already on his way to Zombie Land when Gareth's partook of his flesh. Rick doesn't have to use the machette with the red handle. The cannibals get a fate worse than death.

Tyrese opens up a boxing gym, with the goal of taking the zombies off the street and rehabilitating them...one punch at a time.

Eugene is exposed as a fraud (or a frog - whichever comes first). Or maybe he just gets exposed and everybody laughed.

8. So by cutting off his leg they may have saved his life ?

9. DreadPikathulhu

DreadPikathulhu Senior Member

I guess I was wrong about them not tackling the Hunters storyline. Terminus was just the prequel to it.

10. Or dulled a knife.

11. DreadPikathulhu

DreadPikathulhu Senior Member

The only thing I don't get is how would it not be easier to simply kill him and butcher him. Now they have to deal with him hopping around.

Mazzy likes this.
  12. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

Yes, but now he'll be fresh when they want another dinner. Humans meat that's been out a few days tastes pretty gamey.

13. Craig

Craig (unspecified) Staff

Good to know.

14. Keep the meat fresh. No refrigeration.

15. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O! Thread Starter

yea, nice and slow...he needs to be Zombie Lunch if not his own.

Bewaremylove likes this.
  16. Well an excellent and nice/creepy episode that tied together a number of loose ends in terms of the story all in under an hour. Impressive.

Spoiler for those who have not read the comics:
    I must have missed a scene though--did Bob get bit on that leg that they ate (it would echo a scene from the graphic novel)

I haven't had a chance to watch the DVR'd version (usually I watch it but we have plenty of distractions in the house with a new puppy) to catch what I missed.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2014
  17. Kyhl

Kyhl On break

Right. My thought too. Why take off a leg in a world where you have to be mobile? Why not arms and let the meat walk itself tomorrow. Now they have to carry him or kill him.

18. tommy-thewho

tommy-thewho Senior Member

After week 1 this was an average episode.

So was Carol sneaking off on her own??

stumpy likes this.
  19. Hawkeye

Hawkeye Senior Member

It wasn't for their benefit. It was just to gross us out. Although your idea of hacking off his arms sounds both gross and more beneficial to them.

I can't believe I just wrote that. What the hell kind of show have I gotten myself hooked on??? :eek:

20. Right. Don't sweat it. Remember last season where they had the episode that was about 18 minutes of Bob walking through the forests, on roads, watching his beard grow, set to the sounds of some slow, sad, country tune?

Well, that won't happen again. :)

21. Turnaround

Turnaround Senior Member

Bob may have finally lost the "good out of the bad" game:

"If it makes you feel any better, you taste better than we thought you would."

... unless Bob was bitten.

22. Although all of the characters have the virus in them already, so eating 'tainted' human meat might not affect them. It's only when someone dies that they turn.

23. Hawkeye

Hawkeye Senior Member

Right. This morning I was trying to remember if being bitten by a walker, but not killed, turns you into one of them.

24. Ken_McAlinden

Although everyone has the bug that will turn them into a walker at death, being bitten kills you if not addressed immediatly (a la Hershel).

25. Turnaround

Turnaround Senior Member

The show is not clear what the deal is with getting bitten by a walker. Getting bit by a walker, even if the bite itself is not life threatening, seems to cause live humans to become feverish, then sick, then eventually die.

People online post theories about whether this is because walkers are full of germs that infect bites or scratches they make on live humans, or if live humans carry a dormant virus (which becomes active upon death) while walkers spread active viruses.

In the TV show, we don't know what the story is on live humans eating infected flesh, or eating flesh of, say, a deer that a walker had been eating moments before. However, I suspect that the Terminus people have done experiments on eating infected flesh.

Hawkeye likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.