Resurrection - New Series on ABC

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by rockclassics, Mar 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Encuentro

Encuentro Forum Resident

What the f**k! I had no idea it was back on. I'm so out of touch with network TV.

2. amoergosum

amoergosum Forum Resident

S2E01 & E02 were really good...Agent Bellamy...how about that!

P.S.: I was not aware that Michelle Fairley joined the cast. Awesome.

3. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

Doh! I hope I set up my season pass on the DVR...

Encuentro likes this.
  4. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

my wife keeps tabs on the network shows...if not I'd probably not know when they were on as well!

5. Michael

I love Omar! been a fan for years! I loved him in the boxing movie! with meg Ryan...and of course House.

6. maxnix

maxnix Forum Resident

Ok, has anyone else noticed strange audio on this show? I thought it was just my one TV, but I've tried it on all four TVs in the house and it's all the same, a high pitched, cicada like hissing sound that happens almost throughout the show (except, oddly, when characters are conversing indoors). I feel like I'm losing it, but the rest of the family noticed it, too. Almost impossible to hear conversation. Just me?

Paul Saldana likes this.
  7. Michael

I'll have to check next week...I do not recall hearing that. I'm starting to get a bad "Lost" vibe here..I do hope I'm wrong as we love the show.

8. amoergosum

The ratings never went below 7 million viewers during season 1.

Season 2...:( >>>

E01: 8.38
    E02: 6.74
    E03: 5.55

9. Michael

E03: 5.55...I can see why...the mysterious new woman "boss' is really getting on my nerves and I can see down the wasted road a ridiculous ending if any. Geez, I really, really wanted to like show...

10. Michael

yes, I have to agree with you on this! she really is excellent! love her character. When I first saw her I said to my wife; GAME OF THRONES!

11. amoergosum

i enjoyed episode 3...very nice season so far.

12. Michael

well I can say I really enjoyed tonight's episode...the dinner scene had a Game Of Thrones homage...or maybe I'm dreaming? I really love the "Mom"addition...and the telling off of the cheating wife! perfection!

13. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

No, I listened to the last episode with headphones and heard no severe problems. The sound crew is fighting background insects on location in Georgia, so some of the locations are marred with that issue, but I don't think it's overpowering. Nowadays, they use filters like iZotope and Cedar DNS to try to tame background noise, but there's only so much you can do on a TV budget and schedule.

maxnix likes this.
  14. Mylene

Mylene Senior Member

It's starting here again on Sunday. Channel 7's idea of 'fast tracking' is completely baffling.

15. Michael

I checked as well...no loud background noise...the show is picking up due to the presence of the "Mother"...do you get a "Lost" feel with the presence of the annoying "boss" lady? My wife says no...I guess I may be alone on this one.

16. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

I think the show is starting to feel like they're treading water. The fact that they removed all of the hundreds of townspeople who came back who had no relatives tell me they're under a tight budget. Fewer actors & extras = less money. And I thought that was a very vague explanation as to why the people are being held in a detainment camp. They're avoiding giving us as many details as they possibly can, which is a little Lost-ish. I get that any show that's built around a major mystery has to do a little misdirection like that, but at some point the viewers revolt and say, "come ON! Give us a clue here!"

I still haven't seen anything that negates my impression that everybody who's come back is an exact clone created by aliens. This is very similar to Phillip Jose Farmer's Riverworld, which has a similar premise: billions of people are brought back from the dead, only they're all 25 years old, with all of their physical ailments cured (no cancer, no missing limbs, no blindness, etc.).

17. Encuentro

Encuentro Forum Resident

These kinds of mysteries work in 2 hour movies. It's difficult to sustain a long-running show based on one mystery. There's basically one question that requires basically one answer. Once that question is answered, the show ceases to be a mystery. The X-Files worked it out by only having approximately 5 episodes per season devoted to the alien conspiracy. Carter and company knew that they couldn't keep that mystery going, and even when it was, for the most part, wrapped up in the middle of season 6, they found a way to build onto it and drag it out when it wasn't necessary. Another example would be The Killing. They dragged the first case out for 2 seasons, and fans were outraged. So they broke it up with 1 case per season afterwards. As it turned out, the 4th and final season was, by far, the best season of that show and 1 of the best seasons of any show ever. 1 case, 6 episodes. It was more of a mini-series, and it was brilliant television.

My theory on the returned is that the woman who has Bellamy keeping tabs on the returned is involved somehow. Perhaps it's some kind of government experiment to create a super-soldier (X-Files reference), and the current returnees are just the test subjects. They're able to transplant memories from body to body. Just a theory and probably way off base, but it's as good as any.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2014
  18. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

It's more like three questions: Why were the dead townspeople brought back from the dead? How were they brought back from the dead? And who brought them back from the dead? These are all good questions...

In thinking "weird alien experiment, futuristic advanced alien technology, and aliens." Problem solved!

The problem with the U.S. Government being behind it is: I'm not convinced they could keep a secret, especially one this massive. And if a secret "life after death" ray could be perfected, rich & famous people would be using it.

The alien clone theory makes sense when you consider that everybody brought back looks exactly like they did the day they died, minus their injuries or illnesses.

19. Michael

they are possibly leading us to believe that some came back in the 1930's?
    IMO, the show is picking up steam as the "Mother" has many answers...the "boss" lady is annoying. Yes, we thought of Aliens as well as that's the first thing we thought of when things don't make sense! Blame it on the Aliens! I'm just hoping this isn't all a waste of time as network shows usually are...The cicada thing flew by quickly...that makes me think they are screwing with us ala Lostish...

20. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

I think they all came back today, but it's interesting to mull over how certain people were taken from the 1930s, 1940s, and 1950s and then brought back to 2014. This is my reason for the alien theory: that's the only thing that can account for time-travel.

Or... maybe it took whoever's in charge 80 years to figure out how to do it? Maybe everybody was stored on a primitive hard drive, then brought back, just like you'd restore a backup.

The more I think about it, the more I realize when we get to the finally "ah-HA!" moment, we'll all roll our eyes and say oh, that's so goddamned lame stupid...

21. amoergosum

Game of Thrones, Red Wedding...that was my first thought when I watched the dinner scene...:)

Michael likes this.
  22. Michael

Cool! you felt it too!...can't wait for GOT to come back on!

23. Michael

I really, really, really, hope NOT!!!!
    but you are just shell shocked from LOST!!!! see what they crap show did?

24. The show is really starting to drag. I mean, let's see some more scenes of them making pork chops.

Vidiot likes this.
  25. shokhead

shokhead Head shok and you still don't what it is. HA!

Still ok.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.