If the Beatles Stereo Vinyl Boxed Set was redone all-analog, would you buy it?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Peter Pyle, Sep 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bluenote

bluenote Forum Resident

Thanks for the answer. Wow, so the complaints on this thread may have been a contributing factor? That's pretty neat!

hi_watt likes this.
  2. Rich C

Rich C Forum Resident

I think you have it exactly right. Those are the titles I would be interested in. But having said that, it is only because I do not have any of these on vinyl in stereo in a playable condition.

3. Rubber65

Rubber65 Forum Resident

Funny how Rainbo was past over for pressing the mono box. I wonder why. They will never live that fiasco down. I was so infuriated with my 2012 vinyl stereo box set. The LPs were trashed when I inspected them. Factory debris lodged between the LPs and inner sleeve, scratches, grey spots all over the LPs. Absolute poor quality control. I wrote an extremely angry letter to the president himself and told him that I would send the box back to them and that they didn't have to bother sending one back. I received an apology from the vice president, who then asked for my number. He called me from California and said that he would send me brand new LPs, and to keep the LPs I already had. True to his word, he sent me all the LPs express. Got it in 3 days. That said, I have yet to listen to them. I just washed them with my nitty gritty, put them in MoFi inner sleeves, put them in the box and left them there. I haven't opened the box in 2 years. It's basically a centre piece in my music room. If they were to repress an all analogue stereo box set with the same high quality they did for the mono box set, I'd get it. I'm just going to have to do with old stereo pressings.

4. Yovra

Yovra Collector of Beatles Threads

Only individual titles (White Album, Beatles For Sale, maybe Abbey Road)

YevX likes this.
  5. Bruce Burgess

Bruce Burgess Senior Member

I voted other because I would definitely buy them if they were made by the same plant that pressed the Beatles In Mono. However, there is no way I'd ever even consider buying anything pressed at Rainbo.

6. Tommyboy

Tommyboy Senior Member

I wonder if Abbey Road could be pulled off for 45 RPM. It would be difficult to split up side 2.

I suppose Sun King could start the final side or You Never Give Me Your Money...

7. veejaycollector

veejaycollector Forum Resident

8. autodidact

autodidact Forum Resident

24/44.1 is good enough for me. I don't plan to buy any more Beatles product. Ever.

Remixes? Perish the thought.

9. Remington Steele

Remington Steele Forum Resident

High resolution mastering can make for truly excellent LP records if done with the right EQing.

10. ToEhrIsHuman

ToEhrIsHuman Forum Resident

Bought the Mono LP box set. Skipped the Stereo LP box set. Would purchase the latter if it was AAA and pressed similarly to the mono set.

11. kohoutek

kohoutek Forum Resident

Well, I know it's not the done thing, but I came across seven of the Capitol 1983 vinyl reissues in mint condition last weekend and bought them all (for about half the price the new reissues would cost)! So, my plan for stereo Beatles reissues was sort of undermined by that (I only have a handful of my original albums, so this--or some other purchase--was overdue)--they sound great, to me, except for the wonky A Hard Day's Night with the lame fake stereo, though I do enjoy the instrumental selections from the George Martin Orchestra :)

Last edited: Oct 21, 2014
  12. sirhansirhansolo

sirhansirhansolo New Member

Individual titles. (Emphatically.)

Seems like a no-brainer. In wake of the critical/commercial success of the as-intended monos, isn't tackling the as-intended stereos—Abbey Road, Let It Be, arguably The Beatles/White Album—the logical next step? Shouldn't this be in the works already?

13. chahooa

chahooa Forum Resident

It would be nice to have a good Abbey Road.

14. Classicolin

Classicolin ‘60s/‘70s Rock Fanatic/Crown Kingdom Guitarist

No, but I would definitely buy Abbey Road and Let it Be individually if they were truly all-analogue and expertly mastered, a la the mono record releases.

15. chahooa

chahooa Forum Resident

I'd probably get Hard Day's Night too. I love my existing stereo Revolver and WA, but who amI kidding. If they were even slightly better, I'd probably get them.

16. dewey02

dewey02 Forum Resident

No!
    I am through buying yet more versions and formats of albums that I already have 4, 5 and 6 times over. (mono, stereo, original, remasters, LPs, CDs, 8 tracks, downloads)
    As I get older, my ears are getting older and less discerning.

I will still buy previously unreleased Beatle product. Let it Be outtakes, Studio outtakes, Shea, Japan, Compilation of Videos from singles, etc. My ears and eyes are still good enough to tell that these are different from what I've got lining the shelves of Beatle albums and CDs.

17. Schoolmaster Bones

Schoolmaster Bones Poe's Lawyer

18. mrgroove01

mrgroove01 Still looking through bent-backed tulips

19. smdavies

smdavies Active Member

I have many 1st pressings in mono and stereo (I have 2 copies of pepper 1st press stereo they are the best Beatles recordings I own) - I also have 70s reissues - I also have a Die Beatles PPM. I really like them all.
    Anyway a few months back. I was looking to replace my Red album and was going for my usual 70s pressing route and saw the AAA review and thought ok will give it a go. After having listen to the AAA Red - I was so impressed (and I was surprised by how much) I then bought the AAA Blue.
    Again so much better. So I bought the AAA Mono box set - again fantastic.
    If they did an AAA Stereo - Id buy it - if they only do individual LPs I would buy them - the extra information they are now able to get off the tapes and on to the vinyl is really worth it.
    I do like the 2009 remasters - I listen to them a lot on my ipod in ALAC occasionally on CD.
    My bench mark are my pepper 1st presses in stereo a NM and a VG+. The pepper on 2009 CDs, 70s vinyl’s are not as good. The AAA Blue LP tracks are better.

20. Blue Cactus

Blue Cactus Forum Resident

The reissued red album sounds very good but I think the blue is too bright on too many cuts.

21. Texastoyz

Texastoyz Forum Resident

I would only buy certain titles.

BFS
    Revolver
    Pepper
    MMT (Perhaps)
    WA
    AR
    LIB (Perhaps)

22. Moonchild

Moonchild Forum Resident

If they were done like the mono issues, absolutely. Hands down

23. GetHappy!!

GetHappy!! Forum Resident

Nothing to add to the discussion, except that it was...disturbing, to see Peter Pyle's creepy avatar on the front page of this forum for the first time in months. Hope all is well with ya, Petey, wherever you are. Carry on.

Gaslight likes this.
  24. Gaslight

Gaslight ⎧⚍⎫⚑

His avatar is timeless now....forever etched in our collective forum memories. :)

As for the question he had raised? Nope.

GetHappy!! likes this.
  25. Bingo Bongo

Bingo Bongo Music gives me Eargasms

On top of finally having 180 Gram AAA virgin vinyl, Imagine the stereo LP covers getting the same (correct) treatment as the mono set got! SWEET! :righton:

It was the same issue with the 2009 stereo mini LP CDs. They didn’t compare to the mono CD covers :crazy:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.