Paul McCartney Comments on Kanye West & Jay-Z ("Best gig he's attended") and Katy Perry

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Technocentral, Oct 21, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wayne Hubbard

Wayne Hubbard Forum Resident

From the look on his face, I think he may have ingested some chemicals, that may have messed with his memories of that day.
    May be he had a bad trip and he doesn't want to remember the experience.

I may be a pariah here, since I don't own one single album by the Beatles or any solo work by its members. Just
    enjoying the show

2. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

a joke! you know Peace and Luv no autographs...Just Ribbing Ringo with affection...

3. dustybooks

dustybooks rabbit advocate

Gotta say, I feel like Jay-Z might actually be less cool than Paul these days. Did you hear his last album!?

Fullbug likes this.
  4. jeatleboe

jeatleboe Forum Resident

Oh yeah - true. He's warning us, with Peace and Luv...

5. Michael

yea, you ain't getting your stuff back!

6. graystoke

graystoke Forum Resident

Doesn't surprise me. Seems to me to be trying too hard to be hip but to each their own. Hopefully it won't permeate to his own music. Oh wait, isn't he supposedly recording some rap thing with West? Oops.

7. nbakid2000

nbakid2000 On Indie's Cutting Edge

I made the statement, of course I support and stand by myself.

8. graystoke

graystoke Forum Resident

Well, he does. He always has. It's part of his generation.

9. Michael

IMO, you seem to really have much disdain for the older members of the forum? That's cool...it's your right...I love the forum no matter what... ppl have the right to love and dislike the music. Opinions are most welcomed until they become harassment and personal attacks.

10. Fullbug

Fullbug Forum Resident

I've noticed that a big part of the music industry is making nice with others. Paul's usually on autopilot when it comes to making nice and being pleasant.

11. OldSoul

OldSoul Don't you hear the wind blowin'?

Now remembering the "Best Beatles Songs for Twerking" thread from last year.

12. profholt82

profholt82 Resident Blowhard

I do find it rather humorous that many of the posters here have implied that Macca was trying to look hip by mentioning that he liked Jay-Z, when Jay-Z is nearly 45 and released his first album almost 20 years ago. Ditto Dave Grohl.

Fivebyfive, Mazzy and dustybooks like this.
  13. Summerisle

Summerisle Forum Resident

What ever.

14. dustybooks

dustybooks rabbit advocate

15. profholt82

profholt82 Resident Blowhard

:laugh: I haven't seen 'Kids in the Hall' in years. Thanks for the laugh.

dustybooks likes this.
  16. jeatleboe

jeatleboe Forum Resident

They're still considerably younger than Paul -- and are still popular in the public eye.

17. PHILLYQ

PHILLYQ Forum Resident

Bad form to bash an entire genre of music. If you don't like it, fine, but your post goes against forum rules. Please have respect for others.

Bemagnus and nbakid2000 like this.
  18. That sounds like old person talk. Hey, I don't for them but that doesn't make the taste anymore questionable. Maybe they actually put on a good show and, even though I dislike West, he's a talented guy (too bad he has such a big ego and was misguided enough to marry KK)

Mazzy and PHILLYQ like this.
  19. jeatleboe

jeatleboe Forum Resident

The moderator already came on here and informed us of this (post #100), after I'd already made my post(s). I haven't done so since.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2014
  20. RayS

RayS A Little Bit Older and a Little Bit Slower

You get a "like" for quoting Roman Troy Moronie!

[​IMG]

21. nicole21290

nicole21290 Forum Resident

I'm still slightly taken aback that this is 'news'. Um, in a Twitter Q&A only last year - in October - he ALSO praised West. Hopefully The National and The Civil Wars are more palatable for those who go into a fit if Paul seems to show an appreciation for rap and hip-hop..

Q: @PaulMcCartney What is the last album you bought? #askMacca
    A: Cheers [name] The last albums I bought were by @kanyewest @The_National @thecivilwars and @s_c_ (Jay Z) #askMacca

During a promotional interview for Kisses On The Bottom he said:
    You met Kanye West at British GQ's Men Of The Year in 2007. What did you talk about?
    I imagine I would just have said I loved what you do. With Kanye, I'm always so excited that he knows who I am and he's come up. I'm a fan of his. I met him and "Jay Zed", as we call him, at the Met Ball that Stella was being honoured at. I never know what to say. They were just saying "Hey man, you're really a Knight!" Their perspective on that, as Americans, as ex-Project guys - for them a knight is like Sir Lancelot. It's always funny as I'm just Paul, one of the guys.​

Also, in 2012 during a radio interview:
    "I have a mate who puts together compilations of new music, so that's what I listen to. "I was just listening to a bit of Bruno Mars last night, and - for pop - he does some good stuff, he did very well on the Grammy's and I like a lot of Kanye West. Emeli Sande has a good record, but I'm not totally up on all the names. There's certainly some good records about."​

In 2013...
    “If I’m going to do a tour I like to go and see what other people are doing,” says Sir Paul. “I don’t want to bring my tour out and be amazingly old-fashioned. So if people are going, ‘Oh man, Beyoncé was a killer!’ I like to go there and say, ‘Yeah, we can do better than this.’” Sir Paul also reveals that he went to see Jay Z and Kanye West at the O2 in London for their Watch The Throne tour and was able to appreciate their style of music, comparing the pair to Bob Dylan. "I don’t want to bring my tour out and be amazingly old-fashioned. I was expecting it to be, ‘Oh it’s great, it’s hip hop, it’s loud’ but I hadn’t until then got the urban poetry element. Bob Dylan is a poet. And so is Jay Z and so is Kanye.”​

Have some pictures of 'cool' Paul. And then enjoy how 'cool' he is with his dorky granddad dancing at Coachella to Swedish House Mafia and Afrojack...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Be_nkSIlgd4

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Buick6 and nbakid2000 like this.
  22. rck60s

rck60s Well-Known Member

I don't care who he listens to as long as the music he continues to make is quality......

23. Michael

refreshing isn't it? what would you have him write that would be non saccharine?

24. Music Geek

Music Geek Confusion will be my epitaph

Beatles fans keep burning records, now Kayne's apparently. But they will come around and buy them again.

25. vinyldreams

vinyldreams Forum Resident

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.