Predictions for the 2014-2015 TV Season

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by jupiter8, Sep 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kanakaris

kanakaris Forum Resident

Let's hope and prey....

[​IMG]

2. agentalbert

agentalbert Senior Member

Too bad, I really liked that one, but there wasn't much left to do.

3. The Flash is already a monster hit for the CW and doing numbers far beyond their expectations. It's pretty much guaranteed now to get at least five seasons. It's strange, because its sister show Arrow is doing comparatively worse in the ratings.

4. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

The characters are all very likeable and the acting isn't terrible, but it's such a formulaic show! How long can they milk this "villain of the week" thing out?

I'll say this though: the surprise reveal with
    millionaire scientist Harrison Wells getting out of the wheelchair and stabbing the bad guy
    really surprised me. If they can keep me going with twists like this, I'll keep watching.

5. I think the Flash will go in very interesting directions. Other heroes are coming...

6. sparkydog

sparkydog Forum Resident

I thought "Marry Me" was pleasant and amusing but not that memorable. The cast including Casey Wilson and Ken Marino is very good.

7. misterdecibel

misterdecibel Bulbous Also Tapered

What are we to prey upon?

Vidiot likes this.
  8. kanakaris

kanakaris Forum Resident

New episodes...

9. Standoffish

Standoffish Smarter than a turkey

And the first new show to get the axe is...Manhattan Love Story.

I thought it was a cute show, and the lead actress was very appealing. Hope to see her in something else soon.

10. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

Very interesting analysis by The Wrap on the shows that will definitely get picked up, vs. the shows that could well get cancelled:

http://www.thewrap.com/fall-tv-show-renewals-and-cancellations-thewraps-early-predictions/

I was sad to see that Resurrection's ratings have collapsed and it's in danger of being cancelled early. And if this show dies, it's doubtful it'll return to the land of the living.

Person of Interest is also not doing well, so apparently viewers have no interest in the show.

11. fitzysbuna

fitzysbuna Senior Member

that's no good I love Person of Interest!

rockclassics likes this.
  12. tonyc

tonyc Forum Resident

Interesting to see "Forever" listed as likely renewal since I was told last page it was already canceled.

Maybe the article is not to be relied upon since "on the bubble" "Nashville" is guaranteed a fourth season for syndication purposes.

13. rockclassics

rockclassics Senior Member

Same here. I would really be disappointed if this one were to get canceled.

fitzysbuna likes this.
  14. rockclassics

rockclassics Senior Member

Well these are only predictions for some of these shows....even though it doesn't look good in some cases. If Resurrection does get the axe, I sure hope they have the chance to come up with a decent final episode that provides answers.

Vidiot likes this.
  15. By this point, Person of Interest has a very deep mythology and complicated backstory for its serialized storytelling. I imagine it's quite intimidating to new viewers, and many long-time fans are likely planning to watch on home video or saved DVR recordings. It has also morphed from a fairly mindless procedural in season one, to one of the most thoughtful serialized dramas on television.

16. Standoffish

Standoffish Smarter than a turkey

Bad Judge and A to Z got cancelled.

Bad Judge got off to a rocky start, but I thought it had potential. The past episode was really funny.

A to Z was cute, but just didn't deliver many laughs.

17. progrocker71

progrocker71 Forum Resident

Forever just got a full-season order.

Selfie was cancelled.

18. shokhead

shokhead Head shok and you still don't what it is. HA!

Forever is alright.
    Still on the fence on red band society.
    I'm liking Stalker more each week and that's a surprise.
    How to Get Away with Murder, still not sure yet.

19. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

20. Deesky

Deesky Forum Resident

Too bad Jane The Virgin isn't rating better. I'm just getting into it. It's got an Ugly Betty vibe to it (another show I loved) which, while OTT, still has a great deal of heart.

21. soundboy

soundboy Senior Member

A number of the shows listed are on Friday nights....not exactly an evening with a lot of TV viewing from the "desired" demographics.

22. shokhead

shokhead Head shok and you still don't what it is. HA!

TheWrap scanned CBS, NBC, Fox, ABC and The CW — removing their encore timeslots — to calculate the 50 lowest-rated primetime shows on broadcast TV right now. Due to ties, the study totaled 53.
    Ratings on this list are of Nielsen's “most current” variety from the key 18-49 demographic, which include Live + 7 Day delayed viewing where applicable. The below data encapsulates the first seven weeks of the season, up through Sunday, Nov. 9.

By broadcast TV do they mean people not with Sat or cable? I find it very hard to think that anything that has to do with NFL would be at the bottom of anything. Seems odd.

23. progrocker71

progrocker71 Forum Resident

A CW show only needs about a 1.0 to be renewed, so most of the shows from that network can be removed from the list. Same goes for any series airing on Friday nights, a 1.5 is usually safe on that night.

Unless you are CBS and the majority of your audience is over age 50 and still watches broadcast TV the numbers in that list are going to become the norm, not the exception.

The days are numbered for this old rating system, when shows are routinely adding 60% or more from DVR viewings it's time to come up with an entirely new system that reflects the way people watch content in the 21st century.

24. soundboy

soundboy Senior Member

I thought they do that already. I just read that both "Big Bang Theory" and "NCIS" got over 21 million viewers when Live+7 (days) viewings are taken into account.

25. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

They include everything in the ratings today: cable, satellite, over-the-air, the works. "Broadcast TV" merely means the traditional TV networks like ABC, CBS, NBC, FOX, and CW. But in truth, cable network AMC has had some huge hits over the last few years, particularly Walking Dead.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.