Shameless Deal Plug for my Chicago-themed eBook: 33 Days In The Hole

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by omom, Dec 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. omom

omom Forum Resident Thread Starter

(Gort Overlords, if shamless plugs are considered crass, feel free to move or delete :angel:)

Dropped to $0.99 over at Amazon for the holidaze! 33 Days In The Hole: The Chicago Experiment

http://www.amazon.com/33-Days-The-H...386115350&sr=8-1&keywords=33+days+in+the+hole

All proceeds will go towards my never ending research into the effects of mass consumption of cold beer on the middle-aged male.

What is it?

For 33 days freelance music journalist Rob Kern set aside all forms of music except for one, the music of the band Chicago. His mission, to listen to one Chicago album per day, chronologically, from their first release to their newest.

Can a hard rock loving goon survive this musical depravation experiment? 33 Days In The Hole: The Chicago Experiment is equal parts album review and manifesto that exposes the reader to Rob's thoughts, ideas and general state of mind while listening to a band that has weathered 6 decades of change and musical styles.

Part rock and roll, part parody, 33 Days In The Hole: The Chicago Experiment is a book that will have you shaking your head one minute and laughing the next. Will Rob find a new favorite group or descend into madness? Read on and find out.

"This is good stuff" - Ross The Boss (Dictators, Manowar, Manitoba).

"Like reading an old issue of Creem Magazine" - Michael Hannon (Salty Dog, American Dog).

My amigo Martin Popoff was kind enough to write a blurb:

"The headbanged genius that is Rob Kern has more than innovatively picked, of all things, the smells-funny horn rock abomination,Chicago, as a crafty, sly jump-off point to wax nostalgically about the wider (and harder) rocking realm and his own booze-addled stupidity, each wayward tale (all better than yours) and oldster-vantaged observation sure to send any classic rock waste-case into knowing winks and the odd convulsion of sad recognition.

This journey has not made me like Chicago any higher 'n the last place in which the band presides. But it has made me appreciate how a whole hilarious rock 'n' beers universe can be spun out of such a musical no-go zone, especially when the spinner is a guy who self-professes possession of a mind stuffed with simultaneously rockin' an' rollin' hamster wheels." - Martin Popoff

[​IMG]
    Cheers,

Rob

melstapler likes this.
  2. bilgewater

bilgewater Forum Resident

Thanks for posting this. Is there a sample chapter available. And what in the world brought on this experiment, and why the band Chicago? In any case, congrats on publishing the book.

3. omom

Thanks Bilgewater! You can read a sample chapter at the Amazon link above. This idea was conceived (like many of my "good" ideas) around a fire while drinking a few malt beverages. I picked Chicago because of their large catalog and the fact that after Chicago V-ish I lost track of them save for what little I heard on the radio. Listening to one band (and no other music) for a month straight is a tough slog, especially since I normally have my 160G iPod on constant shuffle.

4. melstapler

melstapler Reissue Activist

If Ross The Boss likes your book, then it must be good! Love his work with The Dictators. Gosh omom, you're a man of great strength. Don't know if I'd have the patience or tolerance to listen to the entire Chicago catalog without going batty.

omom likes this.
  5. omom

Thanks mel! Alcohol was a great crutch in helping me through the journey.

melstapler likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.