Are you a fan of Sade?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by JohnnyQuest, Oct 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SteveS1

SteveS1 Forum Resident

Liked Diamond Life, well mastered album of good music and the bonus of having been released at a time when life was very enjoyable for me. Nothing not to like. OK she was easy on the eye too, let's not hold that against her. :)

Yost, Fullbug and JohnnyQuest like this.
  2. Bobby Morrow

Bobby Morrow Senior Member

She's not even close to being 'due' for a new album. By her standards anyway!

She makes Enya seem like Rihanna, productivity wise!

3. Bobby Morrow

One of the great early sounding CDs. The 2000 remaster is no slouch though.

Fullbug likes this.
  4. JohnnyQuest

JohnnyQuest Forum Resident Thread Starter

Promise is my favorite album of hers. It's a wonderful follow up to Diamond Life but when your debut is that ginormous many people will overlook any greatness that follows. If they do they'll always compare it to the first.
    It happens with many artists like the Doors,Jimi Hendrix,Jay-Z,etc.
    I've also heard it's about a friend that passed away that she didn't get the chance to reunite with.:cry:

Fullbug likes this.
  5. Bobby Morrow

I had the LP of Promise which only had 9 tracks. When I got the CD a little later, it took me a while to get used to the extra songs. They spoiled the flow I'd gotten used to!

Really nice artwork on Promise. It looks like it sounds. Love Deluxe isn't too hard on the eyes either!

Fullbug and JohnnyQuest like this.
  6. JohnnyQuest

Well I started with the Promise CD and always felt the extra sounds fit in perfectly. :) I understand where you're coming from though. I have the same problem with Stevie Wonder's Songs in the Key of Life.
    The artwork from Diamond Life is my favorite. The music and that cover really pulls me into that cold,breezy & icebound world. I love how atmospheric her music is.

Bobby Morrow likes this.
  7. Freedom Rider

Freedom Rider Senior Member

Sade Adu is one of my favorite female singers ever - love her voice.
    The music is also great, especially on those early albums.

8. Bobby Morrow

Do you mean the bonus 7" songs on the Stevie Wonder album? I always thought they were better than some of the tracks on the main album!

Diamond Life is a good-looking LP. Was Love Deluxe ever on vinyl? I don't remember seeing that one.. I have Stronger Than Pride on vinyl.

9. quicksrt

quicksrt Senior Member

Sometimes you want your R&B to be on the lighter side. She delivered a classic debut and was able to follow it up with strong material again. I have not followed everything she has done but what I've heard and seen of her in concert video has never been disappointing.

Thanks for reminding me to listen to more of her. I'm in a mellow mood as summer fell into fall finally.

JohnnyQuest likes this.
  10. jeatleboe

jeatleboe Forum Resident

I really love "Smooth Operator".

Last edited: Oct 22, 2014
  11. JohnnyQuest

It was 4 extra songs. (Saturn,Ebony Eyes,All Day Sucker,Easy Goin Evening') The album was already long enough and he added more of the same. That made the listen a little more monotonous to me. :sigh:
    Yes Love Deluxe is on Vinyl,Cassette & CD. :) Don't forget it's on itunes too. ;) lol

12. Bobby Morrow

Yes, those four songs were on a bonus 7" single given away the the double LP. He certainly gave good value for money back in 1976!

Did Love Deluxe have a gatefold sleeve on vinyl? It wouldn't be right if it hadn't!

JohnnyQuest likes this.
  13. JohnnyQuest

1976? Wow I always thought that album was released in 1979. Wow Stevie is incredible! :)
    Unfortunately I think it came without the gatefold sleeve. :shake:

Bobby Morrow likes this.
  14. Jerquee

Jerquee Take this, brother, may it serve you well.

Lover's Rock was excellent. I really went for that one.

I don't know too much about the rest of her catalogue aside from the hits from her first album.

15. Zack

Zack Senior Member

Sexy Sadie. Evidently she can sing too.

JohnnyQuest likes this.
  16. Bobby Morrow

Love Deluxe in a single sleeve? Sacrilege! I imagined it like that diana album from 1980 on vinyl!

17. Lonson

Lonson I'm in the kitchen with the Tombstone Blues

I'm a huge fan. Her sultry mellow sexiness has always reached out to me even from my first listen to the then new first album. I've stuck with her throughout her career and learned to love her lyrics, her voice, her presence, what I can percieve of her character and nature. I hope she continues at her own pace.

audiotom and JohnnyQuest like this.
  18. Rocker

Rocker Senior Member

I dig her music.... own 5 of her albums. :)

Always liked this track... quite a bit funkier than most of her other stuff:

Yost, in-the-groove and JohnnyQuest like this.
  19. Dave S

Dave S Forum Resident

I picked up Promise this year because it was made in Japan. I was pleasantly surprised, but not a huge fan.

20. robertawillisjr

robertawillisjr Music Lover

21. mpayan

mpayan A Tad Rolled Off

Big fan. Have all her albums and two vids. Use to piss my ex gf off when Id put the video of her in concert in that white dress she wore :D One of the most beautiful women on the planet imo. No one sounds as sexy as Sade when she sings. Her music reminds me of that feeling just before youre fully awake from the best dream ever.

22. SoporJoe

SoporJoe Forum Resident

I'd rather listen to Slade.

MonkeysCantSwing likes this.
  23. Lonson

Lonson I'm in the kitchen with the Tombstone Blues

I share that opinion. She's still a great beauty.

JohnnyQuest likes this.
  24. JohnnyQuest

Aged like fine wine. :love:

25. zephead

zephead Forum Resident

haunt me , chills! perfect love song for you and the date!

JohnnyQuest likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.