Sarah Mclachlan-Solace,Mirrorball,Afterglow SACD,45RPM Editions

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by c-eling, Nov 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Very interesting, but it's strange they're passing on Sarah's most popular albums Fumbling Towards Ecstasy and Surfacing. Maybe these titles were more easy to license? Anyway, I'll certainly get Afterglow on SACD and maybe Mirrorball as well if they'll decide to release the full version that RCA did a few years ago.

2. Dillydipper

Dillydipper Space-Age luddite

I suspect the ones that did get done are titles Nettwerk doesn't otherwise have any near-future plans for. Maybe they have a fancy-dancy version in the hopper for themselves, and if that's the case, it will probably 4+ years before we
    see Audio Fidelity get a chance to fill in those holes themselves.

And Jeffmo789, I agree on Afterglow: the concert DVD that comes with the Deluxe version is the one I prefer over the opulent Mirrorball (the feather boa alone ruins that one for me!).

Now playing on Ariel Stream: Rumer - Take Me As I Am

3. otherdimension

otherdimension Senior Member

Say It Right likes this.
  4. LEONPROFF

LEONPROFF Forum Resident

Fumbling Towards Ecstasy was already given deluxe treatment a few years ago.

5. gabacabriel

gabacabriel Forum Resident

Or MFSL, if past history is anything to go by.

6. Dillydipper

Dillydipper Space-Age luddite

By the way, has anybody been to one of her 1992 shows, where one of the encores was "Into The Fire", and the band started off with 4 measures of George Benson's "On Broadway" groove, then a sample of Chic's "ahhhh, 'Freak Out'",
    into the real song opening? There was a bootie of the Minneapolis show, but the fidelity's not that good of course. Maybe they stopped doing it because they couldn't get the sample cleared?

Now playing on Ariel Stream: Sleepthief - Eurydice

otherdimension likes this.
  7. otherdimension

otherdimension Senior Member

Yes the full Mirrorball would be nice instead of the edited version! How about a nice box set with tour photos! :D

8. walrus

walrus Staring into nothing

I don't have room for that, or money, but Mirrorball is probably the Sarah thing I listen to most. A good overview of her first 10 years, and the Fumbling tracks sound much better in their live versions, IMO.

9. Stuart S

Stuart S Back Jack

10. audioguy3107

audioguy3107 Forum Resident

According to the description, it hasn't been released yet......Has March 14 as the release date.

11. eelkiller

eelkiller One of the great unwashed

It's out via EBay sellers and is not more dynamic than the original CD. It will not be forum approved.

12. audioguy3107

Well, that sucks......I'd kill for a high rez version of Surfacing....."Angel". Would be ultimate demo material.

13. eelkiller

It is definitely clearer with better bass but the DR numbers being 1 less than the original will not make people happy here IMO.

14. strangelove

strangelove Forum Resident

Would you recommend it over the original?
    Any other reviews?

15. eelkiller

Not at the price point, I would not.

16. agentalbert

agentalbert Senior Member

Was looking for an update on the APO SACD's, but they are no longer even listed at Acoustic Sounds. Maybe cancelled?

17. Torontotom

Torontotom Forum Resident

I think you're right. I can't find anything about them. I would have loved to have gotten Solace to accompany AF's wonderful job with Touch.

Stuart S likes this.
  18. HedgeHog

HedgeHog Well-Known Member

otherdimension likes this.
  19. soundboy

soundboy Senior Member

20. audioguy3107

Thought I'd bump this up, Music Direct has a release date for these 3 45 RPM albums as October 7. I cannot wait, those things should be an audiophile instant classic. I will say the Mirrorball set is a little pricey though! :sweating:

- Buck

21. agentalbert

Thanks for the update. I'd given up on these. I'm only interest in the SACD's, and Music Direct shows all three coming out 11/21/14. Nice to know these are going to see the light of day!

22. audioguy3107

All 3 titles just hit Acoustic Sounds today! I've got all 3 on the way. Damn.....this audiophile reissue thing is gonna be the death of me.

- Buck

23. Muzyck

Muzyck Pardon my scruffy hospitality

I'm in for Solace.

24. audioguy3107

Well, I haven't had a chance to listen to everything yet, but I did skip around and play some cuts on all three albums and they are perfect! Warm, smooth, no graininess whatsoever, they sound fantastic. The soundstage on Mirrorball is massive, sounds like a small concert in the listening room. If you're a S.M. fan, grab these immediately, you won't be sorry!

bluemooze and otherdimension like this.
  25. agentalbert

You're talking about the vinyl, right? Or did you get your hands on the SACD's early?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.