Oasis - (What's The Story) Morning Glory deluxe reissues announced

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Amnesiac, Jul 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mc7t

mc7t Forum Resident

I would say from reading earlier posts that the general opinion of the 2014 vinyl is that it's not too well liked.

2. Scope J

Scope J Senior Member

thanks , will avoid

3. mc7t

mc7t Forum Resident

No problem.

My go to version of the album at present is the unofficial fan made remix of the album, if that would have been officially released, I would have brought it straight away.

4. liammuc

liammuc Forum Resident

Are you talking of the RSO (Radio Supernova Online) Remasters? Do you like this more than previous vinyl releases?

5. mc7t

mc7t Forum Resident

Yes that's the one..I personally prefer it over any available version (at present)

6. therebelsell

therebelsell Forum Resident

Is the 1995 vinyl pressing worthwhile though? I know fans were hoping for an improvement but is it still worth seeking out?

7. liammuc

liammuc Forum Resident

Your comment made me curious :)
    So I made a litte comparison yesterday between the RSO Remaster and the 2009 Big Brother 180g Vinyl Rip (which is my go to version) and I have to admit that the RSO sounds really good. I guess the guy who made these had the seperate stems from the SACD from 2003 because you can hear the instruments really clear. But for me it only worked on some songs (like Don't Look Back in Anger, Some Might Say, Morning Glory, Champagne Supernova) but songs like Hello, Cast No Shadow or Hey Now! doesn't sound that good to me.
    But I really like how clear the Bass line from Morning Glory is and Champagne Supernova sounds just fantastic. For me it's the best song on the RSO Remasters - it sounds really mellow and even warmer than my vinyl rip. I never heard a better version of Champagne Supernova. The dynamic range is good on both versions, especially compared to the regular CD from 1995.
    Champagne Supernova 1995 original CD (DR3)
    Champagne Supernova 2009 Big Brother 180g Vinyl Rip (DR7)
    Champagne Supernova RSO Remaster (DR9)

Hep Alien and mc7t like this.
  8. liammuc

liammuc Forum Resident

Same question here :)
    I would like to know if this version is not as compressed as all the other Vinyl versions after that. My 2009 Vinyl Rip sounds ok but is also compressed. But it seems to be a lot better than the 2014 remasters. From the stats the first 3 original albums (Creation Records Vinyl) should sound fantastic (just look in the DR Database). So if anyone has these please let us know how they sound.

9. mc7t

mc7t Forum Resident

I especially like Don't look back in anger on the RSO remaster..If only the drums had a little more air to breathe, it would be perfect :)

10. liammuc

liammuc Forum Resident

Just listening to Don't look back in anger on headphones while I'm typing :)
    To me there is no big difference between the RSO remasters and the 2009 vinyl version. They sound both really good. I like Noels voice a little bit more on the vinyl version - it's sounds a little bit warmer to me. On the other hand the separation of the instruments is better on the RSO remasters.

11. yookmook

yookmook Forum Resident

2014 vinyl sound is ok. compare to the price.
    it has more bass and compressor.

1995 sound better but pricey.

Dmdstrhalo likes this.
  12. therebelsell

therebelsell Forum Resident

Better, as in decent? Worth getting?

13. In semi-related news, Liam has declared it's over for Beady Eye.

14. liammuc

liammuc Forum Resident

Just heard it. :( Never saw them live. Do you know any reasons? Does that mean that Oasis are going to be reunited?

15. yookmook

yookmook Forum Resident

if you are die hard oasis fan, it's worth every penny.

liam vocal sound and guitar sound on 1995 is warmer than 2014.

Smiths22 likes this.
  16. RIP BDI

BE performed badly in comparison with its predecessor, the band's management was dropped (after supposedly underpromoting the group) and from what the tabloids are claiming, it seems as if Liam's having something of a mid-life crisis... we should be grateful they even lasted this long, but I doubt an Oasis reunion will be on the cards with Noel just announcing plans to hit the road in support of his new High Flying Birds album!

17. Smiths22

Smiths22 Well-Known Member

what is BDI BE?

18. cwsiggy

cwsiggy Forum Resident

Beady Eye's second LP.

Smiths22 likes this.
  19. 905

905 Senior Member

Poor Beady Eye, but hopefully the Oasis brothers will get back together. I love Oasis but just can't get into Beady Eye or the first High Flying Birds album.

20. cwsiggy

cwsiggy Forum Resident

The odds of Oasis reforming are the same as John Blutarsky's grade point average in Animal House.

Hep Alien likes this.
  21. liammuc

liammuc Forum Resident

Do you know the 2009 vinyl re-issues? If so are these much worse than the original vinyl from 1995?
    By the way - the 1995 vinyl sells for an average price of 100€ on discogs. I don't think it's just nostalgia that these are so expensive. The sound must be good on these for that price :)

22. liammuc

liammuc Forum Resident

That's what I don't understand - the timing of the split-up. Noel is busy for at least a year or 2 - so no reunion in sight. But I don't think that Liam quits without any backup plan as well. Maybe he just felt that it's time to start his solo career and follow the footsteps of his idol John Lennon. I could see him doing acoustic gigs with Gem alone like Beady Eye did to promote their last record. A man can dream...

Hep Alien likes this.
  23. Smiths22

Smiths22 Well-Known Member

I assume be here now will be out next January....maybe December? what do you think?

24. blind_melon1

blind_melon1 An erotic adventurer of the most deranged kind....

Ha! Love the album, but if they make this one any louder it will sound like a bunch of rocks being thrown at a power saw!

Dmdstrhalo and liammuc like this.
  25. :shrug: Your loss.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.